View Poll Results: How does this affect your image of Kim Jong Un

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's a DEMON because the USA press say so.

    2 28.57%
  • He's a DEMON because of his actions. Name actions.

    5 71.43%
  • He's just a regular guy that needs a good PR agent in the USA.

    0 0%
  • We attacked his Country and he needs to defend agianst the USA.

    1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Are people seriously giving Rodman **** for not trashing Kim Jung Un while INSIDE OF North Korea? I'd like to see any of the people giving Rodman **** for his words criticize North Korea while inside of it.

  2. #22
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Rodman was in North Korea when he said that. What's he gonna do, say that Kim Jung Un is a horrible man who's killing his people? People have been jailed for much less there. So I don't have a problem with what Rodman said, at least at this point. I do wonder if his trip was a genuine attempt at some sort of diplomacy or information gathering though. If it was, then it would make sense for Rodman to praise Kim Jung Un since he appears to be the one guy the dictator likes a lot.

    My impression of Kim hasn't changed much. He seems like almost every other dictator. He's spoiled and contradictory. He preaches one thing to his people and does the exact opposite in his personal life. I will say though that he may have created conflict within his own country by having so much public fun with Rodman. North Korea is supposed to hate the United States and the more public NK's leaders display admiration for Americans, the more they undermine their authority.
    Gee, I was unaware of North Korea's sordid history of imprisoning famous foreigners for public comments.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Gee, I was unaware of North Korea's sordid history of imprisoning famous foreigners for public comments.
    North Korea has a history of imprisoning people for stupid things, including denigration of the state. If this doesn't bother to the point where you're willing to make laughably ignorant and condescending comments like the one above, then maybe you should go to North Korea and disparage the government publicly and see what happens to you. I'm sure it will be fun, LOL.

  4. #24
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The North Korean people might beg to differ. If, that is, they were allowed to ever differ.
    Definitely.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  5. #25
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Rodman was in North Korea when he said that. What's he gonna do, say that Kim Jung Un is a horrible man who's killing his people? People have been jailed for much less there. So I don't have a problem with what Rodman said, at least at this point. I do wonder if his trip was a genuine attempt at some sort of diplomacy or information gathering though. If it was, then it would make sense for Rodman to praise Kim Jung Un since he appears to be the one guy the dictator likes a lot.

    My impression of Kim hasn't changed much. He seems like almost every other dictator. He's spoiled and contradictory. He preaches one thing to his people and does the exact opposite in his personal life. I will say though that he may have created conflict within his own country by having so much public fun with Rodman. North Korea is supposed to hate the United States and the more public NK's leaders display admiration for Americans, the more they undermine their authority.


    I realize that Rodman really could be that stupid, but why the hell go to a country where he would fear for his life if he spoke his mind?

    And anyway, Rodman has never demonstrated that he actually has a firewall installed between his brain as his mouth before, why assume it's there now?

  6. #26
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    North Korea has a history of imprisoning people for stupid things, including denigration of the state. If this doesn't bother to the point where you're willing to make laughably ignorant and condescending comments like the one above, then maybe you should go to North Korea and disparage the government publicly and see what happens to you. I'm sure it will be fun, LOL.
    Is that the same as Pvt. Manning, Kirikao, or Julian Assange? I believe that our gov't believes it was disparaged by these three gentlemen.

  7. #27
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,824

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    North Korea has a history of imprisoning people for stupid things, including denigration of the state. If this doesn't bother to the point where you're willing to make laughably ignorant and condescending comments like the one above, then maybe you should go to North Korea and disparage the government publicly and see what happens to you. I'm sure it will be fun, LOL.
    Yes, they do, but they are all North Koreans, aren't they!?

    Golly, I would be scared to go, and having to join all of those many, many other famous foreign prisoners who are already there, like, umm, well you know, from, umm.........Gosh, never mind, they are all North Koreans, too!

    Oopsie!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #28
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Consideration: It was Dennis Rodman.

    Conclusion: Dismissed.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,024

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Isn't the USA the country with the highest proportion on its' citizens in prisons?
    What is North Korea's?

    Didn't sequestration cuts just lower aid to poverty stricken in the USA?
    As opposed to North Korea where "sequestration", whatever that gay **** is, is not an issue. They are all fed, to each other.

    Kim Jong Il to Kim Jong Un just like Bush to Baby Bush, eh?
    Clinton was in the middle. Wink.

    Will the fact that Kim is ordinary crash his Demon image in the USA press?
    This is just ridiculous.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #30
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,965

    Re: Leaving NKorea, Rodman calls Kims 'great leaders'

    I forgot Rodman even existed until now.

    I'm sure now that he's gone, NK state media are probably busy showing what a great example he is of decadent, corrupt, impotent western culture.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •