Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Do you favor background checks on voters?

  1. #31
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,517

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why is it necessary to prove a problem exists? It would seem the rational approach to matters of government would be to avoid problems in the first place.
    If we can't accurate define a problem, then how do we create the most effective solutions. As the old saying goes..."If it ain't broke...why fix it?" Why bring government more into our lives than necessary?

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    No idea what you're talking about.

    Here's what I said:

    If you have a problem with that statement, go ahead and tell me what it is.
    The problem you seem to have was evidenced by my thorough explanation in post 28. I challenged Blaylock to cite evidence of voter election fraud and you chimed in talking about voting problems and stealing votes. Again, if you feel Blaylock and his point are correct, and you feel there is a problem with election voter fraud - feel free to present your evidence that there is indeed a problem that needs to be dealt with.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Do I HAVE to link you to the Black Panthers website?

    Don't think I won't.
    By all means - link to any verifiable evidence you have of voter fraud which would merit dealing with it with new laws. Please do.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The problem you seem to have was evidenced by my thorough explanation in post 28. I challenged Blaylock to cite evidence of voter election fraud and you chimed in talking about voting problems and stealing votes. Again, if you feel Blaylock and his point are correct, and you feel there is a problem with election voter fraud - feel free to present your evidence that there is indeed a problem that needs to be dealt with.
    I have no idea what you're on about. I said that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else. Are you saying you disagree with this statement?

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    I have no idea what you're on about. I said that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else. Are you saying you disagree with this statement?
    So you are speaking in the abstract about a hypothetical that haunts you as a nightmare rather than citing any real problem. And your post should in no way shape or from be taken as support for Blaylock when he was challenged to support his claims even though you replied to me when challenging him to do so.

    Got it.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So you are speaking in the abstract about a hypothetical that haunts you as a nightmare rather than citing any real problem.
    Please quote me where I said that it haunts me like a nightmare.

    And your post should in no way shape or from be taken as support for Blaylock when he was challenged to support his claims even though you replied to me when challenging him to do so.

    Got it.
    I have no idea what you're ranting about. I said that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else.

    If you disagree with what I said, please explain why. Otherwise, I don't need a recap of the goings on in this thread.

  7. #37
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post



    I have no idea what you're ranting about. I said that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else.
    I don't need a recap of the goings on in this thread.
    You obviously badly needed it as you came completely off the rails on page 3 and seemed to forget what you were replying to.

    So all this stealing votes is some hypothetical nightmare that seems to be haunting you rather than an actual real world problem. Got it.

    btw - when I say it haunts you - that is my characterization of your temperament on this issue. Nobody ever said you said it so nobody has to quote you. Of course, you knew that when you tried to pretend otherwise.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You obviously badly needed it as you came completely off the rails on page 3 and seemed to forget what you were replying to.

    So all this stealing votes is some hypothetical nightmare that seems to be haunting you rather than an actual real world problem. Got it.

    btw - when I say it haunts you - that is my characterization of your temperament on this issue. Nobody ever said you said it so nobody has to quote you. Of course, you knew that when you tried to pretend otherwise.
    You seem to be getting a little upset. I'm not sure why. I simply pointed out that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else. Are you upset because you think my statement is not true?

  9. #39
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,517

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Federalist View Post
    Please quote me where I said that it haunts me like a nightmare.



    I have no idea what you're ranting about. I said that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else.

    If you disagree with what I said, please explain why. Otherwise, I don't need a recap of the goings on in this thread.
    Without some viable statistics as to the number of infractions...why is every person who votes automatically assumed to be guilty of a crime? So far...all I am aware of is the assumption that there is a problem, which has yet been proven to exist.

    When people get alarmed that over unproven allegations...usually "FEAR" sets in and knee-jerk emotional demands start to ensue.

    F=future

    E=events

    A=appearing

    R=real

    Before we can solve a problem. A problem has to be defined.

    The power of creating solutions usually lay in the hands of those who are capable of defining a problem...which is verifiable, proven and valid.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    01-27-15 @ 11:37 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,247

    Re: Do you favor background checks on voters?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Without some viable statistics as to the number of infractions...why is every person who votes automatically assumed to be guilty of a crime?
    Guilty of a crime? I'm not sure I follow you.

    My point is simply that if the person casting his vote is not who he claims to be, then this is a problem. By voting, he would be stealing a vote from somebody else.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •