View Poll Results: Are you in favor of a police state with little or no rights?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 6.82%
  • No

    41 93.18%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 116

Thread: The march towards a police state continues

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    With the reasons given, yeah, you should since they are beyond ridiculous.

    And I've read many of your posts and calling them hyperbolic is being nice, yet accurate. While I don't like Obama, I think the "Impeach Obama" and the "Obama is the next Hitler" idiots are quite hilarious.
    Classic liberal response. You can't refute the evidence so you belittle the source. Hint: that only works as long as the person you are belittling cares about your opinion. Once you have been identified as a shill your insults become ineffective.

    The the OP:

    Freedom of speech: degraded by political correctness
    The right to bear arms: well, no reason to explain that further
    Freedom of religion :It has become perfectly acceptable to insult someone's religious views as long as they are Christian
    The right to life: drone strikes with no trial
    Right to Liberty: Patriot Act anyone?
    Pursuit of happiness: Seen your paycheck lately? You can pursue it, but the government is going to take it away

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Classic liberal response. You can't refute the evidence so you belittle the source. Hint: that only works as long as the person you are belittling cares about your opinion. Once you have been identified as a shill your insults become ineffective.
    Do us all a favor and quite showing us your ignorance. It's quite pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Freedom of speech: degraded by political correctness
    Funny, because Rush, Hannity, etc have no problem speaking their mind without being arrested. Also there are NUMEROUS threads insulting the president and noone has been arrested. Imaging that. So yeah your claim is hyperbolic. There's one pathetic claim from you and skitzo busted.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    The right to bear arms: well, no reason to explain that further
    I still have my AR-15 and numerous other weapons. Seems the NRA is still around and many people still have their weapons as well. Imagine that. Another hyperbolic claim from you busted.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Freedom of religion :It has become perfectly acceptable to insult someone's religious views as long as they are Christian
    I've insulted Muslims, Christians, and even cracked jokes about Buddhists. Funny I'm still around and haven't been arrested. Also, there are churches, etc. So yeah, your hyperbolic claim is busted.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    The right to life: drone strikes with no trial
    I agree with you on that one that it is wrong, but the flip side of that is that when you side with an enemy like Al-Qaeda, logic dictates that ANY country would put you in the crosshairs if you did that. I won't say that claim is busted, but I can see both sides of the argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Right to Liberty: Patriot Act anyone?
    This was not solely on Obama as Skitzo has aluded to.

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Pursuit of happiness: Seen your paycheck lately? You can pursue it, but the government is going to take it away
    Yes, I have seen my paycheck lately and even got a raise. Yes, I'm happy. You may not like taxes, but hardly a police state. This claim is definitely busted.

    So, aside from one claim, your BS argument of a police state is busted. Your hyperbolic statements are idiotic.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Do us all a favor and quite showing us your ignorance. It's quite pathetic.



    Funny, because Rush, Hannity, etc have no problem speaking their mind without being arrested. Also there are NUMEROUS threads insulting the president and noone has been arrested. Imaging that. So yeah your claim is hyperbolic. There's one pathetic claim from you and skitzo busted.



    I still have my AR-15 and numerous other weapons. Seems the NRA is still around and many people still have their weapons as well. Imagine that. Another hyperbolic claim from you busted.



    I've insulted Muslims, Christians, and even cracked jokes about Buddhists. Funny I'm still around and haven't been arrested. Also, there are churches, etc. So yeah, your hyperbolic claim is busted.



    I agree with you on that one that it is wrong, but the flip side of that is that when you side with an enemy like Al-Qaeda, logic dictates that ANY country would put you in the crosshairs if you did that. I won't say that claim is busted, but I can see both sides of the argument.



    This was not solely on Obama as Skitzo has aluded to.



    Yes, I have seen my paycheck lately and even got a raise. Yes, I'm happy. You may not like taxes, but hardly a police state. This claim is definitely busted.

    So, aside from one claim, your BS argument of a police state is busted. Your hyperbolic statements are idiotic.
    I see. So we should wait until there is nothing left and only THEN should we oppose it? You and those like you seem to have no problem watching those you don't agree with have things taken from them of be marginalized for their views. Your arrogance is evidence enough of you lack of confidence, a paper tiger if you will. Those of us who are paying attention are not blind to the tactics of the left, and no amount of haughty self righteousness on your part will change that. You are part of the problem. In years past we may have exerted the effort to change your mind, but these days we no longer care. We look to save the savable. You are ballast.

    So let's look at a couple of you bullet points. How about Bob Woodward and the way he, even with his outstanding carrier as a journalist, is now denegraded for speaking out again Obama. Let's look at those weapons you have. Sure, you still have them, but for how long? You do know that Fienstien's bill was introduced to Congress today, right? And while there is a "grandfather clause" there is also manditory registration. Where do you suppose that might lead? There is no question based on what some legislators have stated in public (including Fienstien) that they would collect them all if they could. And given that shootings by people who legally own weapons are an EXTREMELY small percentage of what is out there, and that the people who are doing this are by and large not legal to possess them anyway, what will these new laws really accomplish in the realm of civilian shootings? The answer is almost nothing. You know it, I know it, and the administration knows it. That's not what it is about. That's why you don't see the level of discussion about it like you did a month ago. Those of us who can read the writing on the wall know you can read it to but are denying it to hide a real agenda. If you are OK with the new AWB ban because your stuff will be grandfathered you are missing the point and are acting, as usual, in an extremely selfish way.

    Which leads to you being happy since you got a raise. Another example of your selfishness. You refuse to admit that people are hurt by current policies because you don't care... as long as you get what you want.

    It's true that the Patriot Act is not solely Obama's. But he could just as easily not enforce any of it's tenets just as he has with immigration law. He has not. The drone strikes I was referring to were against American citizens. You know, people who (in theory) enjoy protection under our Constitution. Remember the detainees as Gitmo? There was quite a noise made about THEIR rights to trial (even though they are not American citizens) when it was politically expedient. Or is that too far in the past for you to consider? If those citizens were guilty it could have been determined in a court of law, and should have been.

    So just because it doesn't happen EVERY TIME does not mean that rights are not being taken down just like one would eat an elephant; one bite at a time. I haven't looked back in to your previous posts. Maybe you are just another liberal hack with 15 minutes of real life experience, sitting at your computer stroking your ego by loudly deriding faceless internet people. But you seem like you might have some wits about you so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume for now that we can discuss these issue rationally. Not that we are likely to agree, but different perspectives are helpful in homing in on the truth. The trick is to accept the truth for what it is when you see it even if it doesn't agree with your original theory. It happens. I actually liked Bush II until he went off the rails. What a wake up moment that was! But the world is not so black and white that if one guy is wrong the only other guy in the room must be right.

  4. #14
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    With the reasons given, yeah, you should since they are beyond ridiculous.

    And I've read many of your posts and calling them hyperbolic is being nice, yet accurate.
    And you say this with full knowledge of what is going on in the supreme courts at present concerning the right of American citizens to not be included in the broad and vague definition of who might be detained indefinitely without charge or trial? Because Obama INSISTS that we be included and his attorneys refuse to be more specific on who is covered. To be concerned about this is hardly hyperbole. They've already done away with habeus corpus so that now it's ok to have the military patrol our cities. Now they're going after the 4th and 2nd amendments and to be concerned is "beyond ridiculous"? Who the fk are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    "Impeach Obama" and the "Obama is the next Hitler" idiots are quite hilarious...
    For something so hilarious, he's racked up quite a tally of impeachable offenses. What kind of an American finds this "hilarious"?
    Last edited by sKiTzo; 02-28-13 at 10:02 PM.

  5. #15
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    I believe we are slowly very very very very slowly becoming a police state/surveillance state. Saying that not many rights have been taken away.


  6. #16
    Professor
    sKiTzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    OC California
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I still have my AR-15 and numerous other weapons. Seems the NRA is still around and many people still have their weapons as well. Imagine that. Another hyperbolic claim from you busted.
    Wow, really? Obama wants your AR-15 - but you aren't going to worry about it because you still have it right now...but you'll worry about it when it's too late... I'm not saying you're a shill, I'm merely saying that if you were a shill, you would have blown your cover with that statement.

  7. #17
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Because the march continues and nothing seems to stand in the way and there are no impeachments or recalls, I'm beginning to think that this must be what Americans want...?
    I really do not see how people come up with this garbage. It is almost like their lives are not interesting enough that they have to create a cause to get behind in order to justify their existence. It is plainly obvious, if you look at today vs a hundred years ago, we have more rights now as a group of citizens then we ever had. The civili rights movement, the womens rights movement, the consumer rights movement, the workplace safety rights movement...... You'r rights are protected more now, then they have ever been in the history of America. Pick another conspiracy, maybe something more original like global warming. At least that is a new one, and you dont have to get dirty digging bunkers in your back yard and wearing silly tin foil hats.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Quote Originally Posted by sKiTzo View Post
    Because the march continues and nothing seems to stand in the way and there are no impeachments or recalls, I'm beginning to think that this must be what Americans want...?
    If Obama keeps pissing off the military...They already hate him..........I hope it doesn't come to that.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    no vote
    other
    Do you think I want, or anyone wants a police state ?
    This condition is caused by hateful , intolerant, disrespectful people, and out and out criminals .
    So, what did you expect ?
    We are headed for this state, if people do not clean up their act....
    But will it be bad ?
    I do not think so , our police are far better today than yesterday.

  10. #20
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: The march towards a police state continues

    Police State is subjective.

    Right now, the police have extensive powers and incredible equipment to pursue investigations. As new technology appears, it will be embraced. We are entering an era of drones and robots. Will they not be used?

    The police can be intrusive and abusive. But most people have no interaction with them or reason to. As our population increases to over 1 billion (forecast for 2100) we will find increasing regulation. Crowd control as it were.

    We can only hope it will remain primarily benevolent.







    War is peace
    Freedom is slavery
    Ignorance is strength

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •