View Poll Results: Whose fault is sequestration?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republicans

    64 59.26%
  • Democrats and Obama

    44 40.74%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 123

Thread: Whose fault is sequestration?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Obama wanted this because he didn't want to raise taxes before an election, end of story.

  2. #52
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,787
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Since I believe the sequester is a good thing I wouldn't use the word "fault". In the 24 February Washington Post, Bob Woodward settled the question of paternity. The sequester is BHO's baby; I think it's some of his best work.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Any poll on any subject needs to have any participant level-set before asking any question.
    e.g. If the participant doesn't know who's idea sequestration was they have no business answering a question.
    Or at a minimum, make that the first question.
    Even a DP poll.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Fault? You say it like its a bad thing?

  5. #55
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Since I believe the sequester is a good thing I wouldn't use the word "fault". In the 24 February Washington Post, Bob Woodward settled the question of paternity. The sequester is BHO's baby; I think it's some of his best work.
    Good evening, Jack.

    I have a question...why do you think the sequester is a good thing? Because it is at least a small step in the right direction?

  6. #56
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Excellent post, Pero!

    All this drama for a one-half of one percent reduction in spending, in a trillion dollar plus budget? Games....
    Around 3.5 to 3.8 trillion and we are quibbling over a measly 85 billion. Go figure.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #57
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,787
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good evening, Jack.

    I have a question...why do you think the sequester is a good thing? Because it is at least a small step in the right direction?
    Yes, because a stupid, automatic cut is better than no cut at all.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,271

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good evening, Jack.

    I have a question...why do you think the sequester is a good thing? Because it is at least a small step in the right direction?
    I think it's a good thing even if it had only served to expose the perp in the WH for what he is.
    It's also a good thing because it's a start.

  9. #59
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Both of their faults, but people act like cuts are horrid and they aren't. We need a lot more than 85 Billion in proposed increases to be cut.

    I'll say it again...we need a spending freeze, Federal balanced budget amendment, cuts across the board, and an audit (at the very least) of The Federal Reserve and Pentagon.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,928
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Whose fault is sequestration?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    Both of their faults, but people act like cuts are horrid and they aren't. We need a lot more than 85 Billion in proposed increases to be cut.

    I'll say it again...we need a spending freeze, Federal balanced budget amendment, cuts across the board, and an audit (at the very least) of The Federal Reserve and Pentagon.
    Sounds like common sense to me. But there is one problem, there is no common sense in Washington D.C. When ever common sense is mention in Washington, everyone pulls out their change purses to make sure all the cents are there.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •