View Poll Results: How Will Sequestration Effect the Economy?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mostly negative

    9 31.03%
  • Mostly Positive

    4 13.79%
  • No Effect

    15 51.72%
  • Don't Know

    1 3.45%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

  1. #21
    User lemmiwinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    03-03-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    75

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    All government spending is money that was taken out of the economy in the first place. How hard is that to understand? Less government means a more robust economy every time it's tried. People who are willing to work for their living will be better off under sequestration.

  2. #22
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinx View Post
    All government spending is money that was taken out of the economy in the first place. How hard is that to understand? Less government means a more robust economy every time it's tried. People who are willing to work for their living will be better off under sequestration.
    Not exactly true. Deficit spending adds net financial assets to the private sector possibly at the expense of the dollar's valuation. The concern lies in where those assets are distributed...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #23
    User lemmiwinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    03-03-13 @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    75

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Not exactly true. Deficit spending adds net financial assets to the private sector possibly at the expense of the dollar's valuation. The concern lies in where those assets are distributed...
    I think devaluing the dollar is also taking money out of the economy. And my savings account.

  4. #24
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinx View Post
    I think devaluing the dollar is also taking money out of the economy. And my savings account.
    That's the point. The government is currently discouraging any form of savings...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    It's real. People will suffer. The economy will get worse, more unemployment, less taxes being collected, etc.

    Obama to governors: Help me get Congress to act on sequester - CBS News

  6. #26
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    It may have a small negative effect on the economy but that is something I feel we just need to endure. Sooner or later we are going to have to feel some pain to reign in government spending and small increments are better. Being afraid to make small government cuts because of a little economic pain is one of the reason we are in this situation to begin with and until the people except that we will simply continue down this road. I cant believe the people that are against any government cuts, it baffles me.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Poverty sucks!

  8. #28
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Cutting spend means one thing and one thing only. It means people will lose their jobs. Paying people's salaries is what most, if not all, of what the national budget goes to. What this will do is put people out of work, and very little else. During an unemployment crisis, this only makes the existing problem worse.

    Also, given the state of our education, cutting from it is intolerable.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Cutting spend means one thing and one thing only. It means people will lose their jobs. Paying people's salaries is what most, if not all, of what the national budget goes to. What this will do is put people out of work, and very little else. During an unemployment crisis, this only makes the existing problem worse.

    Also, given the state of our education, cutting from it is intolerable.
    Oh, hell yes.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: How Will Sequestration Affect the Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Will cutting 2.3% of the 3.6 trillion dollars that the government spends hurt the economy? Not only no but hell no.
    You seem to think that all spending is equal, that no government dollar spent stimulates the economy and all government dollars spent weaken it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •