View Poll Results: Do you support universal background checks?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    68 45.64%
  • No

    81 54.36%
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 764

Thread: Universal background checks

  1. #731
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Don't be idiotic, who has made a case to the courts that the president's executive orders were unconstitutional? Interagency orders do not require congressional approval under our rule of law.
    The EO in and of itself is not unconstitutional, who the hell was making that point? Maybe try reading next time. However, during the course of the last few administrations, the EO has been used more aggressively and in a manner for the President to sidestep the Congress and to legislate from the White House. That specific use of the EO is dangerous, breaks the separation of powers, and needs to be illegal.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #732
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,803

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Your numbers are right wing mythology, and obviously you've not seen the new executive orders from the President.

    Executive Orders On Gun Control: Obama Will Enforce Existing Laws

    Executive Orders On Gun Control: Obama Will Enforce Existing Laws

    Here Are The 23 Executive Orders On Gun Safety Signed Today By The President

    Here Are The 23 Executive Orders On Gun Safety Signed Today By The President - Forbes
    I guess after four years of doing squat, the turd in chief figures he better do something now that he has come out in favor of ending private gun ownership in the USA

    Your faith in that turd is touching given his dishonesty and lack of action over his first four years



  3. #733
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The EO in and of itself is not unconstitutional, who the hell was making that point? Maybe try reading next time. However, during the course of the last few administrations, the EO has been used more aggressively and in a manner for the President to sidestep the Congress and to legislate from the White House. That specific use of the EO is dangerous, breaks the separation of powers, and needs to be illegal.

    So who has made this case in court? Or is this just another story from Libertarian fairytales?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #734
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    So who has made this case in court? Or is this just another story from Libertarian fairytales?
    It's been alive and well since Clinton. No side wants to bring the other to charge on it because both sides wish to use it when they are in power. Demonstrated, BTW, by the measurement that presidents from Clinton to Obama have made ample use of overbearing EO. You can rally against measurement all you want; it just means you're in the Young-Earth-Creationist camp.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #735
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's been alive and well since Clinton. No side wants to bring the other to charge on it because both sides wish to use it when they are in power. Demonstrated, BTW, by the measurement that presidents from Clinton to Obama have made ample use of overbearing EO. You can rally against measurement all you want; it just means you're in the Young-Earth-Creationist camp.
    Why hasn't a libertarian taken this "case" to court!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #736
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Why hasn't a libertarian taken this "case" to court!
    SCotUS can decide to hear or not. I hope it gets taken to court at some point because the growth of power of the executive branch is seconded only by that of the judicial branch.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #737
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    SCotUS can decide to hear or not. I hope it gets taken to court at some point because the growth of power of the executive branch is seconded only by that of the judicial branch.
    To libertarians, everyone is in on a conspiracy against them?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #738
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Universal background checks

    Wow look at Catawba all pissed because the AWB died.

  9. #739
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    To libertarians, everyone is in on a conspiracy against them?
    Nope, but it is a never ending battle to properly restrain government and to secure for our posterity the blessings of freedom and liberty.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #740
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wow look at Catawba all pissed because the AWB died.
    I never thought, or stated, the the AWB would pass, or you could quote where I had.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •