View Poll Results: Do you support universal background checks?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    68 45.64%
  • No

    81 54.36%
Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 764

Thread: Universal background checks

  1. #591
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Obviously, the great majority of Americans, including 85% of gun owners, are not buying your far right wing talking points.
    obviously the majority of people who "support" such things are low information voters who are not fully informed of the essential facts concerning this nonsense.

    the far wrong banks on ignorance and low intelligence



  2. #592
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    obviously the majority of people who "support" such things are low information voters who are not fully informed of the essential facts concerning this nonsense.

    the far wrong banks on ignorance and low intelligence

    The truly delusional think everyone else is wrong and they are right. Carry on!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #593
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The truly delusional think everyone else is wrong and they are right. Carry on!
    the low wattage argument is that if the masses feel one way in a slanted poll that means they are always right. I guess using your logic gay marriage is wrong (in California) and more people than not want a republican congressman



  4. #594
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the low wattage argument is that if the masses feel one way in a slanted poll that means they are always right. I guess using your logic gay marriage is wrong (in California) and more people than not want a republican congressman

    85% of gun owners support background checks for all gun sales. Show me the 85% of Californians that don't support gay marriage?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #595
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    85% of gun owners support background checks for all gun sales. Show me the 85% of Californians that don't support gay marriage?
    I told you I couldn't care. there is no proper constitutional basis for the federal government to mandate these checks which-by law-only involve INTRASTATE activity



  6. #596
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I told you I couldn't care. there is no proper constitutional basis for the federal government to mandate these checks which-by law-only involve INTRASTATE activity
    Having your point refuted, you move on to the subject of another thread! LOL!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #597
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Having your point refuted, you move on to the subject of another thread! LOL!
    Since when have I cared about slanted polls and low wattage respondents. Your only argument is one based on an appeal to mediocrity

    tell us Catawba-given your expansive understanding of constitutional law-how is this proposed law going to get past LOPEZ and what exactly is the connection to INTERSTATE COMMERCE given that I can only sell a personal weapon to someone who lives in my own state?



  8. #598
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You are bringing up a separate issue, whether the 10% - 15% of those that oppose background checks are right or not. That has nothing to do with the poll results that show 85% - 90% of voters support background checks for all gun sales.
    And yet you, and those like you continueally quote that poll in order to try and use it to support making a law that, depending on how it is implemented could be construed as unconstitutional? Sorry but Federalist was not only right when he stated "Isn't the idea of a constitutional republic supposed to be that the rights of the minority are protected against the whims of the majority?" but he was also right on target.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #599
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    There is simply no need for an Amendment since there is only a small percentage that believe background checks are an infringement of 2nd Amendment rights.
    So if 90% of the people wanted Christianity and only Christianity to be taught in all public schools then we can just ignore the Constitution? God you spout a ton of idiocy.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #600
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Since when have I cared about slanted polls and low wattage respondents. Your only argument is one based on an appeal to mediocrity

    tell us Catawba-given your expansive understanding of constitutional law-how is this proposed law going to get past LOPEZ and what exactly is the connection to INTERSTATE COMMERCE given that I can only sell a personal weapon to someone who lives in my own state?
    How do you prove that gun does not cross state lines once you sell it?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •