View Poll Results: Do you support universal background checks?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    68 45.64%
  • No

    81 54.36%
Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 764

Thread: Universal background checks

  1. #511
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Without a requirement, there is no incentive for the private seller to ask a lot of questions. He would both lose sales and risk being jailed for knowingly selling a weapon to someone that shouldn't have one. Most voters think its a bad idea to continue to allow private gun sales without a background check.

    most voters are clueless about the issue. Then again ignorance is the best ally the far wrong has. I certainly would ascertain someone's residence and I would write down their DL # just to cover my own ass

    BTW that is not a Maadi Assault rifle. You cannot buy a Maadi Assault rifle in the USA unless a Title II manufacturer modified it to full auto prior to May 19, 1986 and registered it.



  2. #512
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    They just flat out deny all the national polls that prove public support. Despite the overwhelming evidence otherwise, they think most people agree with them!
    why do you constantly squawk poll numbers? they don't prove you are right. It just proves there are many people who know as little about the subject as your posts suggest



  3. #513
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do you constantly squawk poll numbers? they don't prove you are right. It just proves there are many people who know as little about the subject as your posts suggest
    I only bring them up to the far right who still deny overwhelming public support for background checks for all gun sales.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #514
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I only bring them up to the far right who still deny overwhelming public support for background checks for all gun sales.
    the far wrong won't explain how those will actually help things given that the brady requirements did not increase public safety

    and since you are on record for wanting complete gun bans, we'd be fools to support anything you support when it comes to guns



  5. #515
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the far wrong won't explain how those will actually help things given that the brady requirements did not increase public safety

    and since you are on record for wanting complete gun bans, we'd be fools to support anything you support when it comes to guns


    Its been shown to the far right many times and they reject it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #516
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Its been shown to the far right many times and they reject it.
    no it hasn't. we have you parrot squawking polls and no one has come close to showing these new laws will do a damn thing



  7. #517
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no it hasn't. we have you parrot squawking polls and no one has come close to showing these new laws will do a damn thing
    That is only a consensus among the far right.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #518
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That is only a consensus among the far right.
    until you can prove that

    1) your desire for more gun laws is not part of your desire for complete gun bans

    2) that these proposed laws will actually decrease crime

    we will reject the parrot squawks for more government control



  9. #519
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    until you can prove that

    1) your desire for more gun laws is not part of your desire for complete gun bans

    2) that these proposed laws will actually decrease crime

    we will reject the parrot squawks for more government control


    Did you think if you numbered your far right opinions they would seem more credible somehow?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #520
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Did you think if you numbered your far right opinions they would seem more credible somehow?
    Numbered or not, far right opinions are inherently more credible than far wrong opinions. That's why we are the far right and you are the far wrong.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •