View Poll Results: Do you support universal background checks?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    68 45.64%
  • No

    81 54.36%
Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 764

Thread: Universal background checks

  1. #481
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and you think polling results are a sound substitute for your inability to actually make a cogent argument in favor of a feel good law


    A cogent argument has already been made. It is only the far right, which represent less than 15% of voters, that reject it.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #482
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    A cogent argument has already been made. It is only the far right, which represent less than 15% of voters, that reject it.

    you have failed to address the following

    1) demonstrate that these checks will decrease crime

    2) deal with the fact that the implementation of the Brady law did not decrease crime

    3) explain how criminals in possession of firearms will be prosecuted under a law which violates their 5th amendment rights

    4) explain how the law will be enforced WITHOUT complete registration

    5) explain why I should have to pay money to sell a gun to my brother or give one to my wife

    the far wrong loves to parrot silly polls where the responders are not given complete information



  3. #483
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have failed to address the following

    1) demonstrate that these checks will decrease crime

    2) deal with the fact that the implementation of the Brady law did not decrease crime

    3) explain how criminals in possession of firearms will be prosecuted under a law which violates their 5th amendment rights

    4) explain how the law will be enforced WITHOUT complete registration

    5) explain why I should have to pay money to sell a gun to my brother or give one to my wife

    the far wrong loves to parrot silly polls where the responders are not given complete information

    All of those have been addressed to the satisfaction of almost all voters.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #484
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Different congress............more in tune with public support for gun safety.
    Sure it is. Keep telling yourself that. More republicants in congress is better for gun control.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #485
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Sure it is. Keep telling yourself that. More republicants in congress is better for gun control.

    Far right tea party influence............
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #486
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Far right tea party influence............
    Hey, that was your claim, that congress is now better for getting gun control garbage passed. When you find yourself in a very deep hole, it is time to stop digging. You KNOW that it is Senate demorats, many from red states/districts, that are stopping Obama. Obama has no re-election worries, they do.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #487
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Hey, that was your claim, that congress is now better for getting gun control garbage passed. When you find yourself in a very deep hole, it is time to stop digging. You KNOW that it is Senate demorats, many from red states/districts, that are stopping Obama. Obama has no re-election worries, they do.
    No, my claim is public support for background checks, which no one has disproved. As I noted earlier, it may take an election cycle or two get a congress that represents what 90% of voters support!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #488
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,580

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    No, my claim is public support for background checks, which no one has disproved. As I noted earlier, it may take an election cycle or two get a congress that represents what 90% of voters support!
    I am done with you, since you now simply lie. To refresh your memory, this was your initial claim, which I took to mean that you though that NOW was the time for this nonsense to pass.

    [/quote]Different congress............more in tune with public support for gun safety.[/quote]

    Remember that the 2012 elections re-elected 94% of our current congress critters and the president. This is the same public, from the 2012 elections, that allegedly 90% support this gun control BS.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #489
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I am done with you, since you now simply lie. To refresh your memory, this was your initial claim, which I took to mean that you though that NOW was the time for this nonsense to pass.
    Different congress............more in tune with public support for gun safety.[/quote][/QUOTE]

    Yes, I was speaking of that congress at that time. I fail to see your point.

    Remember that the 2012 elections re-elected 94% of our current congress critters and the president. This is the same public, from the 2012 elections, that allegedly 90% support this gun control BS.
    We gained the WH (again) and picked up seats in the GOP controlled Housed despite the GOP redistricting efforts. If the GOP decides to vote contradictory to the majority of voters, they will lose more and more.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #490
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    All of those have been addressed to the satisfaction of almost all voters.
    you have failed to address those points because all you have are talking points. You don't even understand the issues. Background checks have absolutely no relevance to stopping STRAW Purchases



Page 49 of 77 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •