View Poll Results: Do you support universal background checks?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    68 45.64%
  • No

    81 54.36%
Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 764

Thread: Universal background checks

  1. #441
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You are entitled to your opinion.
    Thank you for this...

    The NRA friendly Bush Justice Department did not choose to prosecute those identified in the NY sting operation. Imagine that..........
    I am glad the President has issued an executive order to increase enforcement of existing gun laws.
    OR could it be that the 'sting operators' who had legal authority in NYC had NO authority in Arizona (where the sting was enacted) thus lacking ‘proper law enforcement authority’ being they were trying to enforce FEDERAL statutes? Essentially it would have the same leverage as if you and I went out and performed it (flashback to Gomer Pyle…’citizens arrest’)…

    p.s. Kudos to POTUS for the EO directing increased enforcement of EXISTING laws. Wondering why it took 4 years for him to do so...Sandy Hook...REALLY?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  2. #442
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Seen
    03-27-13 @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    173

    Re: Universal background checks

    [QUOTE=Catawba;1061539281]Thanks, with 90% public support, it will get passed sooner or later!

    Be rational. (Banning drugs has been a big success.)

    More interesting to talk about what has happened to our society re: problems of violence?

    Most corner hardware stores circa 1900 sold firearms. Even street vendors. It's not the
    guns.
    Last edited by Longstreet; 03-06-13 at 07:31 PM.

  3. #443
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Thank you for this...



    OR could it be that the 'sting operators' who had legal authority in NYC had NO authority in Arizona (where the sting was enacted) thus lacking ‘proper law enforcement authority’ being they were trying to enforce FEDERAL statutes? Essentially it would have the same leverage as if you and I went out and performed it (flashback to Gomer Pyle…’citizens arrest’)…

    p.s. Kudos to POTUS for the EO directing increased enforcement of EXISTING laws. Wondering why it took 4 years for him to do so...Sandy Hook...REALLY?


    Keep reading and you will learn that NY tried to enlist the help of the Bush Justice Dept, and they refused.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #444
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post

    Be rational. (Banning drugs has been a big success.)
    I am being rational. Murder is against the law too yet people are still murdered. Are you advocating making murder legal?

    More interesting to talk about what has happened to our society re: problems of violence? Most corner hardware stores circa 1900 sold firearms. Even street vendors. It's not the
    guns.
    All the more reason to require background checks for gun purchases, as well as addressing the violence culture in our society.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #445
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Keep reading and you will learn that NY tried to enlist the help of the Bush Justice Dept, and they refused.
    Yes, I know. The JD used the same phrases I did in the previous post...hence the quotation marks. I believe their argument has merit as exemplified by my analogy.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #446
    Advisor Dammitboy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Meridian, Mississippi
    Last Seen
    04-13-13 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    343

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That is what 10% - 15% of voters that represent the far right believe.
    Actually it's the reality in states that require universal background checks for all gun sales - like California. Did you know they have a lot of gun crime there?
    Some apes are more equal...

  7. #447
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Yes, I know. The JD used the same phrases I did in the previous post...hence the quotation marks. I believe their argument has merit as exemplified by my analogy.
    I disagree.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #448
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dammitboy! View Post
    Actually it's the reality in states that require universal background checks for all gun sales - like California. Did you know they have a lot of gun crime there?
    Because Ca criminals can just drive next door to buy cheap guns at gun shows for cash without a background check. That is why the majority of voters want to close that avenue in 40 states.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #449
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    That is what 10% - 15% of voters that represent the far right believe.
    A lie which the one person representing the far wrong will never stop repeating, no matter how solidly it is disproven.
    Last edited by Bob Blaylock; 03-07-13 at 04:45 AM. Reason: A man without a forklift is nothing. May the Forks be with you.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  10. #450
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Universal background checks

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    If you are requiring a background check on private sales, or requiring liability insurance for gun owners/sellers, all you are doing is making gun ownership only available to the rich.
    A goal which the far wrong has been more open about in the past, than at current.

    Look up the history of attempts to ban “junk guns”, AKA “Niggertown Saturday Night Specials”.

    Gun control has always been, and will always be about elitism.* As Mao Tse Tsung said, 枪杆子里面出政权 (Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.)

    The far wrong favors gun control, because it wants guns—and therefore power—to remain in the hands of its chosen elite ruling class, rather than in the hands of the common people where it rightfully belongs.

    It's all about the relationship between the government and the people; and which is to be the master, and which the servant.

    The far wrong want government to be the master, and the people to be the servants. We on the far right want the people to be the master,and government to be the servant. That, probably more than anything else, is what makes the far right, right; and what makes the far wrong, wrong.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 45 of 77 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •