View Poll Results: A license to have children?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 25.41%
  • No

    85 69.67%
  • Undecided

    6 4.92%
Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 792

Thread: A license to have children [W:81]

  1. #751
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Justifying all welfare by saying it's for the children is a bit like flooding a country ruled by an oppressive regime with international aid and saying "it's for your starving people." Who cares if most of it is being misused/squandered by the regime? At least our intentions are good...

    The kids who need the most help/protection are those with the worst parents. We should not be rewarding or excusing the worst parents by giving them the most help.

  2. #752
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Do you think part of the problem is that the gov gives enough money, per child to low income parent(s), that it's an incentive to actually breed for the extra money? Especially since they can make more that way, than being employed in some cases or at least live comfortable?
    I think these people would breed in a garbage can full of fly larva. The welfare money is like pouring gasoline on a fire. That is why I suggest adding an incentive along with the welfare money for these people to quit breeding. How about a check for a few grand, plus continued welfare. Sounds fair to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just cut back the money per child and reduce the incentive?
    yeah but the children suffer in that instance. It's better to reduce the number of children being born into poverty, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Or would they continue to breed and simply unload the newborns onto the system burdening us further? I'm honestly curious what solutions sound compassionately viable?
    The obvious long term solution is a lower birth rate.

  3. #753
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    I think these people would breed in a garbage can full of fly larva. The welfare money is like pouring gasoline on a fire. That is why I suggest adding an incentive along with the welfare money for these people to quit breeding. How about a check for a few grand, plus continued welfare. Sounds fair to me.



    yeah but the children suffer in that instance. It's better to reduce the number of children being born into poverty, imo.



    The obvious long term solution is a lower birth rate.
    The PC Media and gov won't accept the Draconian methods needed to slow down excess children born at poverty levels without drastic problems resulting from it. We're apparently are not quite at that point yet.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #754
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    The PC Media and gov won't accept the Draconian methods needed to slow down excess children born at poverty levels without drastic problems resulting from it. We're apparently are not quite at that point yet.
    I don't understand why some people see long-term mandatory birth control as "Draconian." It's the opposite to me. To me, bringing children into a situation like that is much more terrible.

  5. #755
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't understand why some people see long-term mandatory birth control as "Draconian." It's the opposite to me. To me, bringing children into a situation like that is much more terrible.
    Well, I agree that mandatory birth control is not a bad thing but it should never have even gotten this far or to what other people will call "Draconian". People don't practice common sense and we all pay for it, also if you limit only poor folk from breeding the Media will cry fowl. So it has to be across the board, maybe?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #756
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Well, I agree that mandatory birth control is not a bad thing but it should never have even gotten this far or to what other people will call "Draconian". People don't practice common sense and we all pay for it, also if you limit only poor folk from breeding the Media will cry fowl. So it has to be across the board, maybe?
    No, only to people collecting money at taxpayer expense. IMO, the taxpayers shouldn't have to be beholden for additional children that a person has while already receiving public assistance. No WAY. I am fully behind mandatory BC. It is what is best for everyone involved.

  7. #757
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    No, only to people collecting money at taxpayer expense. IMO, the taxpayers shouldn't have to be beholden for additional children that a person has while already receiving public assistance. No WAY. I am fully behind mandatory BC. It is what is best for everyone involved.
    I have no problem with that because the well off people percentage wise have much smaller families anyway. But I doubt forced birth control on the welfare crowd alone will fly. Who knows eventually but it won't come from the Administration I promise you.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #758
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I have no problem with that because the well off people percentage wise have much smaller families anyway. But I doubt forced birth control on the welfare crowd alone will fly. Who knows eventually but it won't come from the Administration I promise you.
    Oh I know that. Just look at some of the responses on this thread, how outraged people are that anyone would have the audacity to suggest such a thing! Lol.

  9. #759
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Justifying all welfare by saying it's for the children is a bit like flooding a country ruled by an oppressive regime with international aid and saying "it's for your starving people." Who cares if most of it is being misused/squandered by the regime? At least our intentions are good...

    The kids who need the most help/protection are those with the worst parents. We should not be rewarding or excusing the worst parents by giving them the most help.
    It's not really like that at all and by no stretch of imagination is "most" of the funds for social safety nets being "misused."

    My big question about parenting licenses would be what you do with someone who had an unplanned child but fails to meet whatever arbitrary criteria you've set. Take away the child? Forced abortion?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Well, I agree that mandatory birth control is not a bad thing but it should never have even gotten this far or to what other people will call "Draconian". People don't practice common sense and we all pay for it, also if you limit only poor folk from breeding the Media will cry fowl. So it has to be across the board, maybe?
    The media will cry fowl? (sic) How about every decent human being?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #760
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A license to have children [W:81]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Oh I know that. Just look at some of the responses on this thread, how outraged people are that anyone would have the audacity to suggest such a thing! Lol.
    And my point is that no matter what anyone thinks something has to give eventually. It may not be horrible yet but it can get there in a hurry or just stay weird for awhile.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •