View Poll Results: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Maverick

    2 20.00%
  • No Conver-RePub's

    8 80.00%
  • Tea Party

    0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

  1. #11
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Or you were weak enough to let other people define Palin for you. Btw, how's Biden working out for you? At least he's kept y'all outta chains, huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    he has the right to be respected as a former soldier and also respect for how he came through his ordeals during the war, as a politician I have limited respect for the man. Sure, he has done some good things but mostly he will be remembered as a failed presidential candidate who was dumb enough to select Sarah Palin as his running mate.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Or you were weak enough to let other people define Palin for you. Btw, how's Biden working out for you? At least he's kept y'all outta chains, huh?
    Palin was a pathetic choice as VP.

    If her IQ is even average I will be surprised.

    Plus she seems arrogant and ignorant...a terrible combination.


    As for Biden, what does he have to do with Palin?

    The two are separate topics.


    BTW - I think both the Dems and Reps are PATHETIC political parties (federally at least).

  3. #13
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Sarah Palin is stupid, both parties suck, Biden doesn't matter.......is there anything in politics you wish to support so we can attempt to move forward?


    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Palin was a pathetic choice as VP.

    If her IQ is even average I will be surprised.

    Plus she seems arrogant and ignorant...a terrible combination.


    As for Biden, what does he have to do with Palin?

    The two are separate topics.


    BTW - I think both the Dems and Reps are PATHETIC political parties (federally at least).

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Sarah Palin is stupid, both parties suck, Biden doesn't matter.......is there anything in politics you wish to support so we can attempt to move forward?
    Yup Rand Paul.

    I like his father for POTUS a little better.

    But he is definitely a huge step in the right direction for POTUS, imo.

    I like Gary Johnson as well - but the Libertarians have no chance at the White House.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,023

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Or you were weak enough to let other people define Palin for you. Btw, how's Biden working out for you? At least he's kept y'all outta chains, huh?
    No, pretty much defined Palin for myself. And Biden is not a good VP, but compared to Sarah Palin he is light years ahead of her in almost all trades that make a person but fa decent vice presidential candidate.

    But, I do not think that Biden should take it upon himself to run for president in 4 years, he is not suitable for a full presidency IMHO but for a short stint of being a president (in case something should happen to Obama) he is reasonably acceptable whereas Palin was just not presidential material, not even vice-presidential.

    Biden served for about 36 years in the Senate, was chairman of the senate committee on the judiciary, chairman of the international narcotics control caucus and was chairman of the senate committee on foreign affairs.

    Now Biden might be a long winded, experienced, foot in mouth, know it all kind of a guy with political positions in the liberal category , but I would still prefer that to an inexperienced, foot in mouth, one liner, mama bear kind of a person with political views that are way too conservative to appeal to most voters.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #16
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Then why bring them up? I guess it's easy to stand behind someone who hasn't been tested yet?


    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Yup Rand Paul.

    I like his father for POTUS a little better.

    But he is definitely a huge step in the right direction for POTUS, imo.

    I like Gary Johnson as well - but the Libertarians have no chance at the White House.

  7. #17
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Biden/Trumka 2016!

    Btw, what did Palin do for you to define her as being so ignorant?


    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No, pretty much defined Palin for myself. And Biden is not a good VP, but compared to Sarah Palin he is light years ahead of her in almost all trades that make a person but fa decent vice presidential candidate.

    But, I do not think that Biden should take it upon himself to run for president in 4 years, he is not suitable for a full presidency IMHO but for a short stint of being a president (in case something should happen to Obama) he is reasonably acceptable whereas Palin was just not presidential material, not even vice-presidential.

    Biden served for about 36 years in the Senate, was chairman of the senate committee on the judiciary, chairman of the international narcotics control caucus and was chairman of the senate committee on foreign affairs.

    Now Biden might be a long winded, experienced, foot in mouth, know it all kind of a guy with political positions in the liberal category , but I would still prefer that to an inexperienced, foot in mouth, one liner, mama bear kind of a person with political views that are way too conservative to appeal to most voters.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,023

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Biden/Trumka 2016!

    Btw, what did Palin do for you to define her as being so ignorant?
    I watched plenty of interviews, campaign stump speeches, etc. etc. etc.

    Don't get me wrong, she could get the crowd at some of these events pretty riled up with points of views they loved to hear, but she made gaffes or said things that I viewed as foot in mouth disease and some comments of her did not shout "hey elect me, I have the qualities a vice president needs".
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JC Callender View Post
    Then why bring them up? I guess it's easy to stand behind someone who hasn't been tested yet?
    Why bring them up?

    You asked me.




    Tested? Irrelevant.

    You should vote for politicians based on their positions on issues.

    Not by how long they have been in politics.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-23-13 at 08:31 AM.

  10. #20
    Sage
    JC Callender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,632

    Re: Is John McCain still consider a Maverick ?

    Like not mentioning a newspaper she's read? Did you really believe she's never read a newspaper? Or seeing Russia from her front porch? A comedy skit. Or quitting early as governor? After being inundated with lawsuits that were putting huge financial pressure on her state and her family coming from the left, she decided to resign and leave her job in the hands of someone who would do the job as she would, then went out and had a huge impact on the 2010 Midterm elections where we destroyed the Democrats in an historic blowout. Btw, if she's so dumb, why did the Democrats go after her so hard after the presidential election with all of these lawsuits designed to cripple her and her state, why not just let her own ignorance destroy her?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I watched plenty of interviews, campaign stump speeches, etc. etc. etc.

    Don't get me wrong, she could get the crowd at some of these events pretty riled up with points of views they loved to hear, but she made gaffes or said things that I viewed as foot in mouth disease and some comments of her did not shout "hey elect me, I have the qualities a vice president needs".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •