View Poll Results: Do you think third parties should be allowed on the national debates?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    70 88.61%
  • No

    6 7.59%
  • I dont know

    3 3.80%
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 264

Thread: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

  1. #231
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    1.5% does not give you any right to debate. Anyone could have served those papers, and, were the papers served, the comitty would have had days to weeks to respond. No matter how you cut this, those losers had no right to be at the debate.
    So going through our system, obtaining proper order by judge, that doesn't cut it? They can be arrested and hauled off to jail because 1.5% doesn't cut it. No rights exist for those poling at 1.5%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You get 40% of the vote behind you and any fine print stopping your fundraising today will be washed away...1.5% isn't going to cut it; most polls have a margin or error bigger than that. That's hardly a political presence at all.
    The system breaks when we do it this way. How f'n hard is it to understand? That 1.5% is artificially low, produced through rules and regulations specifically made to artificially limit it. And in all of this artificial restriction, it's "compete at a level you cannot until you are allowed to compete or you are not allowed to compete". That is your argument. Can you not see this? You do not keep a democratic Republic through stagnation of the political system into a one-party system. There must be mechanisms for competition, it must be promoted and held to. If we do not compete, then given the properties of our system we will stagnate at a single-party. Stagnation is slow death.

    It may hardly be a political presence, but that's because the Republocrats have rigged to rules to eliminate third party political presence. Duh.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #232
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It did not. It showed 2 loons knowing they would get arrested for trespassing just like anyyone else. It did not show any political party being discriminated against.
    You did see the police? Did they not have arms were they not guarding the debate? Did they not arrest them once they tried to enter the debates?


  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So going through our system, obtaining proper order by judge, that doesn't cut it? They can be arrested and hauled off to jail because 1.5% doesn't cut it. No rights exist for those poling at 1.5%



    The system breaks when we do it this way. How f'n hard is it to understand? That 1.5% is artificially low, produced through rules and regulations specifically made to artificially limit it. And in all of this artificial restriction, it's "compete at a level you cannot until you are allowed to compete or you are not allowed to compete". That is your argument. Can you not see this? You do not keep a democratic Republic through stagnation of the political system into a one-party system. There must be mechanisms for competition, it must be promoted and held to. If we do not compete, then given the properties of our system we will stagnate at a single-party. Stagnation is slow death.

    It may hardly be a political presence, but that's because the Republocrats have rigged to rules to eliminate third party political presence. Duh.
    It's because no one buys their **** about legalizing all hard drugs, for starters. Radical isolationist foreign policy is another. It's not about the rules, it's about the 3rd-party message being bull****.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    You did see the police?
    I saw the Secret Service, too.

    Did they not have arms were they not guarding the debate?
    They sure did.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Did they not arrest them once they tried to enter the debates?
    They sure did.

    Was there a point to this post?

  5. #235
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's because no one buys their **** about legalizing all hard drugs, for starters. Radical isolationist foreign policy is another. It's not about the rules, it's about the 3rd-party message being bull****.
    Is it that? Or are you assuming it's that? Because since the system is rigged against third party exposure and competition, you can't actually isolate this as solely a political platform problem. And I don't think assumptions are proper argument for a restrictive and stagnate system.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #236
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Was there a point to this post?
    You claimed there was no armed guards preventing their competition, and you've been shown a couple scenarios in which armed guards prevented competition.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You claimed there was no armed guards preventing their competition, and you've been shown a couple scenarios in which armed guards prevented competition.
    They weren't competition. You have to have 5% in order to compete. The 3rd parties had no more than 1.5%. They had no right to be there.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    They weren't competition. You have to have 5% in order to compete. The 3rd parties had no more than 1.5%. They had no right to be there.
    They cannot obtain the 5% because they are not allowed to compete. If they are given the open forum and allowed to participate the same as the main party, it will have higher percentages. It is a system specifically constructed to prevent that.

    What is the issue with open political competition? What is it exactly that you fear from allowing the choices to be presented to the People so that the People may hear the various platforms, arguments, and make an educated decision for once? How is that a bad thing for a free and democratic Republic?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    They cannot obtain the 5% because they are not allowed to compete.
    Debates don't win you votes. In fact debates don't sway public opinion at all because debates aren't about persuading anyone. Everyone on this site should already know that.

    You don't get into the debate until you have 5%, and that 5% is earned through advertising, not debates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If they are given the open forum and allowed to participate the same as the main party, it will have higher percentages. It is a system specifically constructed to prevent that.
    The Republican Party is the original 3rd party. Republicans didn't need anything given to them. They took what they wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What is the issue with open political competition?
    1.5% is not competition.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should 3rd Parties Be Allowed on the National Debate

    I'm gona go out on a limb here and say that your party needs to at least be bigger than a poll's margin of error, in order to be relevant.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •