View Poll Results: Does "white privilege exist"?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is a problem we should fight to fix.

    34 35.42%
  • Yes, but it is not an issue. Whites should have first privilege in nations they built.

    4 4.17%
  • No, white privilege does not exist

    58 60.42%
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 467

Thread: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?[W: 356]

  1. #271
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1.)Here's my original statement in the form of a question.



    Can you imagine trying to tell my wealthy, highly educated employer "not to be racist"? That's the "thought control" part. He'd say he wasn't, you couldn't prove it and he broke no laws. That sort of white privilege is the preeminent form that exist and he's a snob towards anyone he believes to be less than him. I think he's ignorant, arrogant and that basically nothing can be done about it because it's actually part of living in a free society, where we don't overly restrict expression or choices, no matter how repugnant.

    3.)Here is your respectful and pleasant reply..



    4.)But in all fairness I did mistake your "not a smart question" as saying I was being stupid.
    5.) But the whole, "I don't understand anything you're saying" sounds like you're being either sarcastic or not intuitive.

    Now either YOU are continuing to deflect or merely believe yourself to be beyond reproach? Which is it?
    1.) well thats where the disconnect is because thats not in form of a question at all its just a plain statement
    2.) thats not "thought control"? laws etc are action control
    3.) yep and no where in there did i call you idion or even hint at your intelligence etc. No where.

    it wants to know who we is, so i know where you are coming from
    it wants to know what thought control you are talking about because i dont see any in the OP or with the conversation i was having and you decided to qoute
    same with your free thinking statement
    it also states that i dont think anybody not already with issues chooses to be ignorant based on the topic at hand

    4.) ooooooooh well that would be ANOTHER disconect because i most certainly didnt mean it that way at all, LOL I wanted you to be clear that "I" wasnt being a smart ass, i was honestly curious
    5.) again you guessed wrong but im sure your mistake over the "smart" thing lead you that way
    6.) no deflecting, you were confused, you figured it out and im still not positive how what you said ties into my post, im assuming i get it but since it doesnt make sense to me at all im hoping you have a different reason or better reason than my assumption.

    so again, my questions are still waiting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #272
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If black folks behaved better, they would get treated better.

    Whenever I encounter discrimination, or racism, my first instinct isn't to hate white people; it's to hate the black people that made white people see me in that light.

    while i agree that you shouldnt hate all white people for the racist among their race i think its just as illogical to be made at black people that are idiots.

    whats it matter if there are black people that are idiots? that shouldn't lead ANY honest, smart, logical person to be racist.

    your problem should be with the racist, you dont have to hate them but they are the problem, not SOME black people acting bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  3. #273
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    whats it matter if there are black people that are idiots? that shouldn't lead ANY honest, smart, logical person to be racist.
    The honest, smart, logical "first instinct" in response to experiencing racism is to blame the racist individual for their choice to be racist.

    apdst is basically implying that the poor racist white folks are victimized into being racists. They don't have any choice, because the bad black people MADE the innocent white people racist. Once you see something like that, there's no hope for honest, smart, logic.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #274
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    1.)The honest, smart, logical "first instinct" in response to experiencing racism is to blame the racist individual for their choice to be racist.

    apdst is basically implying that the poor racist white folks are victimized into being racists. They don't have any choice, because the bad black people MADE the innocent white people racist. Once you see something like that, there's no hope for honest, smart, logic.
    1.) I agree, while its not always an black and white choice, because its taught and so ingrained that sometimes something else has to happen to even realize a choice needs to be made or can be made. But overall i still agree with you.

    2.) well i let him explain what i think is broken logic to me to make sure BUT i have read other stuff of his on this issues that also didnt make any sense so you may very well be correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  5. #275
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,494
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) well thats where the disconnect is because thats not in form of a question at all its just a plain statement
    2.) thats not "thought control"? laws etc are action control
    3.) yep and no where in there did i call you idion or even hint at your intelligence etc. No where.

    it wants to know who we is, so i know where you are coming from
    it wants to know what thought control you are talking about because i dont see any in the OP or with the conversation i was having and you decided to qoute
    same with your free thinking statement
    it also states that i dont think anybody not already with issues chooses to be ignorant based on the topic at hand

    4.) ooooooooh well that would be ANOTHER disconect because i most certainly didnt mean it that way at all, LOL I wanted you to be clear that "I" wasnt being a smart ass, i was honestly curious
    5.) again you guessed wrong but im sure your mistake over the "smart" thing lead you that way
    6.) no deflecting, you were confused, you figured it out and im still not positive how what you said ties into my post, im assuming i get it but since it doesnt make sense to me at all im hoping you have a different reason or better reason than my assumption.

    so again, my questions are still waiting for you

    Way too much introspection here for me. I made a fairly innocuous statement in which you gave a fairly asinine reply too. It's really that simple.

    If it makes you feel better and sleep at night to think you pulled off some kind of superior debate tactic, then carpe diem.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Anti-discrimination enforcers test for discrimination by applying for housing and jobs under two names, one white sounding, the other minority sounding, with essentially the same education level, job history, credit history etc. Discrimination is routinely found during these tests.

    There are other forms of discrimination invisible to whites in the USA- difficulty getting a cab, being treated worse by police and other authorities, teachers having lower expectations, etc. Whites tend to underestimate the help they get through family/community connections for internships and jobs. Whites, esp. middle class and above, also dress, act and speak "appropriately" as a natural part of their culture. A low income minority person has to learn to adopt these norms to gain acceptance.

    Watch white people sometimes when a minority person, esp. a black man enters the scene. Depending on the situation and the people involved, people will act suspicious, grab their belongings, talk differently, get nervous, be over friendly or unfriendly etc.

    Yes, there is still a lot of white privilege, there is also a lot of class privilege. It is easy to ignore if you don't pay attention.

  7. #277
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1.)Way too much introspection here for me. I made a fairly innocuous statement in which you gave a fairly asinine reply too. It's really that simple.

    2.)If it makes you feel better and sleep at night to think you pulled off some kind of superior debate tactic, then carpe diem.
    1.) you say this but havent showed anyway to support your statement at all nor have you even tried to show how it matters.

    Id also love for you to factually back up why my replay was asinine? LOL seems you just rather deflect and make stuff up because you made mistakes.
    2.) nope there was no debate, i stated a fact, you made a follow up statement and i wanted to know how your statement matter to the fact i stated. You still have yet to explain it, support it or answer this.

    maybe next time
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  8. #278
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    01-18-18 @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,494
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) you say this but havent showed anyway to support your statement at all nor have you even tried to show how it matters.

    Id also love for you to factually back up why my replay was asinine? LOL seems you just rather deflect and make stuff up because you made mistakes.
    2.) nope there was no debate, i stated a fact, you made a follow up statement and i wanted to know how your statement matter to the fact i stated. You still have yet to explain it, support it or answer this.

    maybe next time
    1) Pfffft... all I've done is support my statement and more than enough for anyone who can interpret simple dialogue.
    Your reply speaks all for itself. The tone and mocking is as clear as water.
    2) Correct there was no debate just me schooling you. And that's a fact you can count on all day.

    You can keep saying things like, "you have yet to explain your explanation?" But it still sounds ridiculous.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #279
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    45,455

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1) Pfffft... all I've done is support my statement and more than enough for anyone who can interpret simple dialogue.
    You're reply speaks all for itself. The tone and mocking is as clear as water.
    2) Correct there was no debate just me schooling you. And that's a fact you can count on all day.

    You can keep saying things like, "you have yet to explain your explanation?" But it still sounds ridiculous.
    1.) no you factually havent not, im not mocking you im stating a fact if you disagree FACTUALLY prove where you did, link it do it again
    2.) schooling me? how

    i sated a fact, you made a statement that was meaningless and my fact still stands.
    i asked you to back up your claim and you have been dodging ever since LMAO

    yep you really showed me

    let me know when you can do anything to change the factual statement i made
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  10. #280
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Washington DC is a place where one can easily experience white privilege. It is basically a city of rich white people and poor black people. And most of the rich whites work in law or government. I have, on quite a few occasions, had a black person defer to me the instant they met me, for basically no reason. It's actually quite jarring to me since I did not experience in such an overt manner before I moved here. Many whites in this country are so accustomed to being afforded that deference that they don't even notice it. It is there for anyone who is paying attention.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •