View Poll Results: Does "white privilege exist"?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is a problem we should fight to fix.

    34 35.42%
  • Yes, but it is not an issue. Whites should have first privilege in nations they built.

    4 4.17%
  • No, white privilege does not exist

    58 60.42%
Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 467

Thread: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?[W: 356]

  1. #251
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    who is we? not a smart question just want to know what and who i am addressing?
    what thought control?
    free thinking? everybody still has that ablity

    id say the super vast majority of intelligent and honest people that are honestly objective and not already biased, bigoted, racist ect, never choose to be ignorant.

    im not sure what you are saying and how it applies to my post or points in this thread, though you may not have read them all either.
    The title is, "Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?" You say it exists but how do you propose to control or even address the problem? If you have nothing concrete why are you discussing something you're impotent to affect?

    If you don't understand that I can't help you.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #252
    Advisor ThirdTerm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The motherland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    336
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Latin America is made up of "settler colonialist" societies and white privilege does still exist in some Latin American countries such as Chile, where those with European heritage make up the elites of the social structure, and European immigrants are getting preferential treatment just because of their colour of their skin. The US is more matured as a society but white Americans of English descent may still have some built-in advantage due to their cultural affinity to Anglo-Saxon institutions set up by their ancestors and they have to make less effort to integrate and get used to the norms and values of American society compared with other immigrant groups.
    “LET'S MAKE THE WORLD GREAT AGAIN – TOGETHER.”
    - Vladimir Putin ♥ Donald Trump


  3. #253
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    The title is, "Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?" You say it exists but how do you propose to control or even address the problem? If you have nothing concrete why are you discussing something you're impotent to affect?

    If you don't understand that I can't help you.
    and as i answered in my first post the poll sucks because i dont think it should be corrected in anyway more that we already do. Protect the rights of every american, discrimination laws etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    Of course it exist, to say it doesnt is either dishonest or uneducated. Its be just as illogical to say racism doesnt exist.

    Now the question is how much does it exist, where and when.

    Its not a BLANKET that coats everything, just as racism isnt a blanket that coats everything but white privileged is alive and well all over the country.

    Also i didnt vote because while it factually exists im not sure i like saying its a problem and needs fixed.

    I dont think its wide spread or ingrained enough to do anything more than we are already doing to be civil to one another. Awarness and laws to protect us.

    Basically what im getting at is i dont think there needs to be any special campaign or anything like that, just basic education and enforce the laws that are on the books now or improve them as needed.

    "I" dont say it exist, facts say it exists.

    so again what did your post have to do with my post and answer the questions i already asked you and you dodged.

    I dont need any help at all

    you just need to explain how anything you said is relevant or changes my statements at all
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #254
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Okay, I'll split the difference with you - I'll admit to the existence of white privilege if you admit to the existence of non-white privilege.

    For some things in America, it's better to be a white male. For others, it's better not to be a white male.

    Deal?
    you dont have to admit anything, the facts dont care about you admitting it and theres no difference to split because im not denying anything and other topics arent relevant to the discussion.

    you are correct though im sure there are things that it is better to be black, Chinese, irish, russian, female, poor, rich, straight, gay etc etc etc

    what does that have to do with the fact that white privilege most certainly exists?

    SO i cant make a deal unless i fully understand what you are trying to say and how it applies to the topic and question at hand.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #255
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    and as i answered in my first post the poll sucks because i dont think it should be corrected in anyway more that we already do. Protect the rights of every american, discrimination laws etc
    I agree.



    "I" dont say it exist, facts say it exists.

    so again what did your post have to do with my post and answer the questions i already asked you and you dodged.

    I dont need any help at all

    you just need to explain how anything you said is relevant or changes my statements at all

    Then you agree with the facts that you have shown us?
    I'll answer what I please when I please, not by your demand or to fit your narrative.

    It's already to simple for me to explain further you're either incapable of getting it or simply don't want to.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #256
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    you dont have to admit anything, the facts dont care about you admitting it and theres no difference to split because im not denying anything and other topics arent relevant to the discussion.

    you are correct though im sure there are things that it is better to be black, Chinese, irish, russian, female, poor, rich, straight, gay etc etc etc

    what does that have to do with the fact that white privilege most certainly exists?

    SO i cant make a deal unless i fully understand what you are trying to say and how it applies to the topic and question at hand.
    I am saying that "white privilege" is, at best, subjective and situational. There are certain times where it's better to be a white male. Running for office, for example.

    However, for every instance where someone could argue that being a white male is better, I can name an instance where not being one is better.

    Anyone who says that being a white male is almost always advantageous is just a butthurt minority or a WRA.

  7. #257
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1.)I agree.






    2.)Then you agree with the facts that you have shown us?
    I'll answer what I please when I please, not by your demand or to fit your narrative.

    3.)It's already to simple for me to explain further you're either incapable of getting it or simply don't want to.
    1.) good
    2.) i do agree that the things i called facts exist, why would i disagree with facts?
    3.) translation, you cant make it realate so are deflecting. ALso the answer to my questions about what YOU wrote doesnt fit any narrative of mine, i dont have one lol
    4.) another deflection because you know that what you said doesnt factually tie in so you use a failed insults

    no biggie thats what i t thought anyway
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #258
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    1.)I am saying that "white privilege" is, at best, subjective and situational. There are certain times where it's better to be a white male. Running for office, for example.

    2.)However, for every instance where someone could argue that being a white male is better, I can name an instance where not being one is better.

    Anyone who says that being a white male is almost always advantageous is just a butthurt minority or a WRA.
    1.) well you would be wrong, its factual.
    the only thing subjective about it is how much it takes place and to what degree

    2.) instance? not sure what you mean, you probably mean EXAMPLE, not instance because by default since white is the majority there is more instances of white privilege taking place than other things. This would most likely be true of all majorty vs minority race is meaningless.

    3.) well i wouldnt agree with the phrase "almost/always advantageous " necessarily but i would agree with majority, again thats based on mathematical and statistical default not anything else.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #259
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) good
    2.) i do agree that the things i called facts exist, why would i disagree with facts?
    3.) translation, you cant make it realate so are deflecting. ALso the answer to my questions about what YOU wrote doesnt fit any narrative of mine, i dont have one lol
    4.) another deflection because you know that what you said doesnt factually tie in so you use a failed insults

    no biggie thats what i t thought anyway
    1) great
    2) you're opinion, not fact. otherwise prove it.
    3) how would you know if you don't understand what I said? you're just double talking.
    4) again how can I be deflecting if you don't know what my intentions are? the insults started with you my friend.

    I probably care much less than you do...lol
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  10. #260
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,824

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    1) great
    2) you're opinion, not fact. otherwise prove it.
    3) how would you know if you don't understand what I said? you're just double talking.
    4) again how can I be deflecting if you don't know what my intentions are? the insults started with you my friend.

    I probably care much less than you do...lol
    2.) no its a fact. if you disagree with anything i called fact, point it out and i will gladly prove it

    or feel free to factually prove it wrong

    3.) easy my questions were trying to accomplish YOU explaining the connection because i see none and i was going to show you that you were wrong or it was only your opinion but you must have come to this conclusion yourself so you bailed on it and that why you are now dodging it
    4.) see above and no they didnt and i also never deflected

    i agree you dont care about facts, i do
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •