View Poll Results: Does "white privilege exist"?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is a problem we should fight to fix.

    34 35.42%
  • Yes, but it is not an issue. Whites should have first privilege in nations they built.

    4 4.17%
  • No, white privilege does not exist

    58 60.42%
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 467

Thread: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?[W: 356]

  1. #191
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post


    You say it exacerbates people and then you ask me how it does.
    Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say it exacerbates people at all.

    "those effects" = "them" in that sentence and "those effects" =/= "people"
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Are you exacerbated?
    With your comment?

    No, not at all.

  3. #193
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    But when you start attributing success on the basis of race, that in my opinion is crossing the line.
    White privilege is not the cause of success. When discussing the existence of white privilege, we are not attributing success on the basis of race.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #194
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    With your comment?

    No, not at all.
    Do you know what exacerbated means?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The point isn't if it is problematic or not. The point is that it is nonsensical.
    It isn't nonsensical to categorize people. It is nonsensical to attribute false characteristics to categories.

    However, if you honestly believe that lumping people into 'race's' because of superficial attributes that cannot be altered is not problematic - then I suggest to you that you do not understand the human condition.
    I didn't say it wasn't problematic ever. I said it wasn't inherently problematic. It isn't.

    Name one way that humankind has substantially benefitted from calling a person with a certain level of melanin a different race?
    Why would substantiate an argument I haven't made?

  6. #196
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    White privilege is not the cause of success. When discussing the existence of white privilege, we are not attributing success on the basis of race.
    Perhaps that should be made a lot more clear, because even at a college level, it certainly was used as attributing success.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You can deny it's affects all you want, but reality doesn't give a **** if you believe in it or not.
    You know whats great about social constructs? They can cease to exist.

    Hence the term "social" construct.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Reading comprehension fail. I didn't say it exacerbates people at all.

    "those effects" = "them" in that sentence and "those effects" =/= "people"
    Based on what was typed, I stand behind what I typed.

    Take a wild guess if I care much if you agree with me on this or not?


    You can try and deflect and nitpick all you like.

    The fact (imo) remains, there is only one race...the human race.

    And to call someone a different 'race' because they have more melanin in their skin is ignorant in the extremis...for lots of reasons.
    Last edited by DA60; 02-21-13 at 10:18 AM.

  9. #199
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Perhaps that should be made a lot more clear, because even at a college level, it certainly was used as attributing success.
    Was it actually doing that or was it perceived by some to be doing that? Because I heard people say the same thing when it was taught in my college, when I was present for it being taught, and it didn't actually do that at all, dspite their belief that it was.

    For example, I know for a fact that I never once did that here, but some people have certainly made the assumption that I have. That's on them and their own insecurity about racial discussions, not on me.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It isn't nonsensical to categorize people. It is nonsensical to attribute false characteristics to categories.


    I didn't say it wasn't problematic ever. I said it wasn't inherently problematic. It isn't.


    Why would substantiate an argument I haven't made?
    Well, let me know please when you can/are prepared to answer my question with something others then another question.


    Have a nice day.

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •