View Poll Results: Does "white privilege exist"?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it is a problem we should fight to fix.

    34 35.42%
  • Yes, but it is not an issue. Whites should have first privilege in nations they built.

    4 4.17%
  • No, white privilege does not exist

    58 60.42%
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 467

Thread: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?[W: 356]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) easy because REAL AA/EO is only a policy and program to make sure ALL groups are represented and given an oppurtunity, nothing more.

    2.) the example is spot on because real AA/EO is defined and has a definitions and other things falsely labeled AA/EO arent factually AA/EO the same with my example.

    3.) yes, sometimes this happens and its NOT factual AA/EO.
    1) No it doesn't. It actively discriminates against whites.

    Ricci v. DeStefano was heard by the United States Supreme Court in 2009. The case concerns white and Hispanic firefighters in New Haven, Connecticut, who upon passing their test for promotions to management were denied the promotions, allegedly because of a discriminatory or at least questionable test. The test gave 17 whites and two Hispanics the possibility of immediate promotion. Although 23% of those taking the test were African American, none scored high enough to qualify. Because of the possibility the tests were biased in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act,[23][24] no candidates were promoted pending outcome of the controversy.[25][26] In a split 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court ruled that New Haven had engaged in impermissible racial discrimination against the White and Hispanic majority.

    I guess your definition of "ALL" is the Dick Cheney version of "ALL" which means basically "just some".

    2) Sure... whatever you said.

    3). Ofc not. This is just loonacy.

    LOL. You, and many others who support the same view that AA/EO is not a racist policy, are just playing the childhood favorite game of "stop hitting yourself", on the receiving end that is. And it's sad.

  2. #102
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    1) No it doesn't. It actively discriminates against whites.

    Ricci v. DeStefano was heard by the United States Supreme Court in 2009. The case concerns white and Hispanic firefighters in New Haven, Connecticut, who upon passing their test for promotions to management were denied the promotions, allegedly because of a discriminatory or at least questionable test. The test gave 17 whites and two Hispanics the possibility of immediate promotion. Although 23% of those taking the test were African American, none scored high enough to qualify. Because of the possibility the tests were biased in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act,[23][24] no candidates were promoted pending outcome of the controversy.[25][26] In a split 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court ruled that New Haven had engaged in impermissible racial discrimination against the White and Hispanic majority.

    I guess your definition of "ALL" is the Dick Cheney version of "ALL" which means basically "just some".

    2) Sure... whatever you said.

    3). Ofc not. This is just loonacy.

    LOL. You, and many others who support the same view that AA/EO is not a racist policy, are just playing the childhood favorite game of "stop hitting yourself", on the receiving end that is. And it's sad.
    1.) thats false and not what factual AA/EO does at all, you are fooled by the programs and people and orgs that have polices the FALSELY label AA/EE and they are not
    2.) I know
    3.) so again, it has nothing to do with factual AA/EO
    4.) nope we just understand reality and facts and dont buy into people calling something AA/EO when its not
    Denying the truth is what is sad LMAO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) thats false and not what factual AA/EO does at all, you are fooled by the programs and people and orgs that have polices the FALSELY label AA/EE and they are not
    2.) I know
    3.) so again, it has nothing to do with factual AA/EO
    4.) nope we just understand reality and facts and dont buy into people calling something AA/EO when its not
    Denying the truth is what is sad LMAO
    Just because you reject the ugly part of AA/EO doesn't mean that they aren't part of it. Then again, if you truly, truly reject all ugly parts of AA/EO, you might as well reject all of it.

  4. #104
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Just because you reject the ugly part of AA/EO doesn't mean that they aren't part of it. Then again, if you truly, truly reject all ugly parts of AA/EO, you might as well reject all of it.
    I dont reject it, what you are describing is not FACTUALLY AA/EO
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I dont reject it, what you are describing is not FACTUALLY AA/EO
    Sure it isn't. It's... magical unicorn juice spilled over society.

  6. #106
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    Sure it isn't. It's... magical unicorn juice spilled over society.
    100% correct!, what you are calling AA/EO is as fantasy as a unicorn.

    It does happen but it is not AA/EO, sorry this fact confuses you.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I actually find it weird that this is a debate for anybody and how anybody thinks it doesnt exist.

    I mean people understand that simply telling a story or even many stories about situations where one feels that being white hindered them that doesnt change the fact that white privilege still exists.

    its the same thing with racism, i could tell story after story how people are not racist, that doesnt mean racism doesnt exist.
    It's willful ignorance, period. Anybody who denies the existence of white privilege doesn't want to believe it exists so they close their eyes to it.

  8. #108
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,790

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It's willful ignorance, period. Anybody who denies the existence of white privilege doesn't want to believe it exists so they close their eyes to it.
    very true, its void of reality and facts to deny its existence.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    In that SAME wiki article, it talks about median income, broken down by race, where Asians are #1 - followed by whites, then blacks, then Hispanics.

    Gee...I wonder if EDUCATION plays a part in that.

    Take your red herring, and your excuses, elsewhere. Both are a joke here.
    'Asians' are No. 1 by less then 5%. Whereas 'white' males are ahead of females by over 40% and over 'black' males by over 30%.

    To say that there is no advantage for 'white' males over women and 'blacks' is ludicrous.

    But that is apparently your point.

    So noted.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Does "white privilege" exist? If so, should it be corrected?

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    You sound more like an extreme conserative than you do a libitarian.
    I sound like an extreme conservative instead of a libertarian for wanting to abolish useless legislature that creates a more meritocratic society.

    Funny - you sound like a liberal when you say that.

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •