Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 442

Thread: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]

  1. #41
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Pistol grips are generally for 2 functions: 1.) Accuracy in super precision shooting. The USA and other Olympics teams use thumb grip .22s. 2.) Control - such as is common in home defense inexpensive pump shotguns.

    Flash diverters/muzzlebrakes are mostly just cosmetic in smaller calibers - and an ABSOLUTE MUST in big game calibers. Weatherbys - for example - which solely are bolt action hunting rifles generally holding 5 or less cartridges - come with a muzzlebrake for all calibers of 30-378 and higher because without one they can break a shoulder or damage a person's eye by the scope - as a muzzlebrake reduces recoil.

    In short, outlawing muzzlebrakes is an attack against hunters and target shooters, not mass killers. The attack against pistol grips is an attempt to outlaw home defense typically 5-6 shell pump shotguns.

    These proposed laws are about hatred of hunters, target shooters and specifically-for-home-defense shotguns. SO... every time you read an anti-gun person say "people can just have shotguns for home defense" know they are ALWAYS lying. They want home defense shotguns, hunting rifles and target rifles outlawed - and at the top of their list.
    IOW, those features have a function, and are not "purely cosmetic"

    That's exactly what I said
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #42
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's funny when the pro-gunnies demonstrate an ignorance of firearms.

    Those "cosmetic" features are all functional, which is why the military buys weapons with those features. I don't know what type of delusion leads some people to think the military buys weapons because of their
    "cosmetic" value.
    but those features don't affect the deadliness of a gun. a flash suppressor doesn't make the gun more deadly, nor does a collapsible stock, or a pistol grip,

  3. #43
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    On a civilian rifle they are cosmetic as in they look even if they do not preform like the military version. Please stop dancing around.
    Those features perform a function no matter what the setting. A pistol grip does not suddenly fail to provide better control and accuracy simply because someone is using it in a civilian setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #44
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?




    A 100 year old design. At close range up to about 100 yards, I would rate this 45ACP Thompson as 300% to 500% more "deadly" than .223 with a 30 round magazine.

  5. #45
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You are arguing that those cosmetic features matter. Both of those weapons I listed are the same weapon. They do however has certain cosmetic differences.
    Please quote where I said "cosmetic features matter"

    What I am arguing, and arguing both explicitely and clearly, is that the features mentioned are not "purely cosmetic" because they do serve a purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #46
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Which people who were killed? Are we just talking in general? Because if so, the number of people killed each year by handguns vastly outnumbers the people killed each year by 'assault' weapons.
    No, I'm not talking "in general". I quite specifically stated that I was talking about individual crimes with the greatest # of gun fatalities,
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #47
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Those features perform a function no matter what the setting. A pistol grip does not suddenly fail to provide better control and accuracy simply because someone is using it in a civilian setting.

    So let's put this on record - you WANT civilians to not be able to shoot accurately. EVERYONE REMEMBER THAT next time we see anti-gunners claiming civilians will be firing inaccurately and hitting the wrong person.

    SANGHA WANTS CIVILIAN FIREARMS TO BE INACCURATE AND DIFFICULT TO CONTROL.

  8. #48
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    but those features don't affect the deadliness of a gun. a flash suppressor doesn't make the gun more deadly, nor does a collapsible stock, or a pistol grip,
    I said nothing about the "deadliness of a gun". I merely pointed out that some features were not "purely cosmetic" as some ignorantly claim
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #49
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    So let's put this on record - you WANT civilians to not be able to shoot accurately. EVERYONE REMEMBER THAT next time we see anti-gunners claiming civilians will be firing inaccurately and hitting the wrong person. SANGHA WANTS CIVILIAN FIREARMS TO BE INACCURATE AND DIFFICULT TO CONTROL.
    I said nothing about what I want civilians to be able to do

    Face it! You got pwned. You argued that some features are "purely cosmetic" even though you know that they have a function.

    Now that you have proven me right, you're trying to bait me into some other issue in order to distract attention away from your pwnage.

    Your efforts will FAIL as hard as your argument that those features are purely cosmetic did
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #50
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I said nothing about the "deadliness of a gun". I merely pointed out that some features were not "purely cosmetic" as some ignorantly claim
    A lot of stuff civilians put on their firearms are purely cosmetic. A muzzlebrake on a shotgun is only cosmetic as a common example.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •