Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 442

Thread: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]

  1. #231
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep. That is what I am saying. Note the topic of this thread: AW vs. pistol for "dangerousness". You are asserting that "AW" features are better than other rifles w/o those features, which may be true, but the OP is comparing AWs and pistols, as I am.
    Fair enough.

    And I agree that in most situations, and by most measures, a pistol is more dangerous. I said something to that effect, though maybe not as clearly as this, very early on in the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #232
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    assault weapon meaning of class of rifle.

    A rifle that is an assault weapon is semiautomatic rifle that is either a rifle bearing the name of a banned rifle name on the(meaning you can have an AK47 as long as it was not called a AK47) brady assault weapons ban or according to that same ban a rifle that has two or more of the following cosmetic features-

    Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]-brady-jpg

    Other than making hoplophobes piss and **** their panties I do not think those things make the rifle a different class.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 02-19-13 at 10:19 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #233
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    A pistol grip doesnt really do much to stabilize a weapon. What really helps stabilize a weapon is the spring behind the bolt that keeps the recoil down. Or in some weapons the bolt is designed to move downward in order to keep the recoil down. Both of those two things are way more important to the stability of a weapon then a pistol grip which does very little and some would argue that it doesnt do help at all.

    The reason I mentioned snipers rifles is because they manage to be extremely accurate without a pistol grip which shows that a pistol grip is not necessary to make an accurate gun. And the AK47 is a much more inaccurate gun then a M14 and the AK has a pistol grip while the M14 doesnt. And what about the part of my post where I said that accuracy doesnt really matter in a mass shooting because they occur at very close ranges where even an inaccurate can be very effective?

    Can you prove that a pistol grip makes a weapon easier to fire one handed or is that just your opinion? It is just as easy to grip a weapon without a pistol grip as it is to grip a weapon with one.
    The fact that the spring or bolt does more to stabilize a weapon does not mean that other features can not and do not also help stabilize the weapon.

    The fact that a pistol grip is not needed to make a weapon accurate does not mean that a pistol grip can not and does not improve accuracy

    And as far as mass shootings goes, not every shot is done at very close ranges, and even when it is, having the pistol grip helps in a situation (one handed shooting) accuracy is compromised.

    As far as pistol grips providing a better grip on the weapon, that is their primary function. Its obvious that providing a better grip makes it easier to grip the weapon in both one handed and two handed positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #234
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    You have no concept of long arms then.

    The only factor in terms of grip that matters for accuracy is if you can keep it tight and get cheek weld. Staying on target is about consistency and doing the same thing every time.

    But a pistol grip is not for shooting 1 handed. That is stupid. It is about ergonomics and comfort. Shooting 1 handed with a rifle has no realistic value....unless you are Rambo. It works great of you are Rambo.
    And pistol grips improve ones ability to "keep it tight". That's their primary function.

    And I never said that the pistol "is for shooting one handed". I said it makes one-handed shooting easier.

    And i'vr already posted a link which shows that one handed shooting can be of value in some situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #235
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Thats not actually true. A fully automatic weapon is very hard to control and you wont get very many hits on target with one while a semiautomatic weapon is very easy to control and you can get several hits on target.
    True, which is why fully auto is not as widely found in military issued firearms as it used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #236
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    True, which is why fully auto is not as widely found in military issued firearms as it used to be
    You really need to quit while you're only behind your own ass...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #237
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    You really need to quit while you're only behind your own ass...
    I'd prefer to hear your explanation of how burst mode is a form of fully automatic fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #238
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'd prefer to hear your explanation of how burst mode is a form of fully automatic fire.
    When did I post that?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #239
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,167

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And pistol grips improve ones ability to "keep it tight". That's their primary function.

    And I never said that the pistol "is for shooting one handed". I said it makes one-handed shooting easier.

    And i'vr already posted a link which shows that one handed shooting can be of value in some situations.
    you keep posting that lie. you are wrong, a pistol grip is for comfort. no matter how many times you lie it will never be a fact.

  10. #240
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    When did I post that?
    Never

    That's the point
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 24 of 45 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •