Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 442

Thread: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]

  1. #211
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    It doesnt make it easier to locate the magazine release either. Good placement of the magazine release is what makes it easier to locate and use.

    Would you care to respond the rest of my last post?

    The Remington 870 isnt a rifle but ok. Did that shotgun have a pistol grip or not? Because from what I understand police issued Remington 870s dont have pistol grips which would actually prove my point.
    I did respond to the last bit, and again you are arguing things I never said. In this case "a pistol grip is the only way to provide good placement for a mag release"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #212
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Ok you edited your post to include this so I will respond. I never said it wasnt possible to fire one handed but it certainly is never desirable. Sometimes it might be necessary however.
    Thank you. I had a feeling you cuold be reasonable.

    Now, can you see how and why that might be useful to a mass shooter?

    And saying yes doesn't mean that one-handed shooting is the desirable or preferable way for a mass shooter to go around shooting. It just means that a mass shooter might find such a capability useful, depending on the circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #213
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I did respond to the last bit, and again you are arguing things I never said. In this case "a pistol grip is the only way to provide good placement for a mag release"
    Yeah I saw that you edited your post to include your response to the last part of the post.

    And I never said that you said that a pistol grip is the only way to provide a good placement for a mag release. What you said is it makes it easier to locate the mag release and I said that it doesnt and that good placement of the mag release is what makes it easy to locate.

  4. #214
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I did respond to the last bit, and again you are arguing things I never said. In this case "a pistol grip is the only way to provide good placement for a mag release"
    So it's okay on a pump shogun, being that there is no releasing the magazine, or a simiauto shotgun, the magazine isn't removable.

  5. #215
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Thank you. I had a feeling you cuold be reasonable.

    Now, can you see how and why that might be useful to a mass shooter?

    And saying yes doesn't mean that one-handed shooting is the desirable or preferable way for a mass shooter to go around shooting. It just means that a mass shooter might find such a capability useful, depending on the circumstances.
    I can see how firing one handed might be useful to a mass shooter in a small amount of cases but I dont see how a pistol grip can be useful to a mass shooter.

  6. #216
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    They both kill when used on animal or human.My opinion...IJS

  7. #217
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Yeah I saw that you edited your post to include your response to the last part of the post.

    And I never said that you said that a pistol grip is the only way to provide a good placement for a mag release. What you said is it makes it easier to locate the mag release and I said that it doesnt and that good placement of the mag release is what makes it easy to locate.
    OK, fair enough. On some rifles, a pistol grip doesn't make it easier to place the mag release in an ergonomic position. On others, it does. It depends on the design of the weapon.

    But either way, it's really not the critical issue. The critical issues are that pistol grips help stabilize the weapon, allow for better grip (whicih improves accuracy), and makes one handed fire easier. All of these are fators that can facilitate a mass shooting.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #218
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    I can see how firing one handed might be useful to a mass shooter in a small amount of cases but I dont see how a pistol grip can be useful to a mass shooter.
    All other things being equal, a rifle with a pistol grip is easier to fire one handed than one without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #219
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    OK, fair enough. On some rifles, a pistol grip doesn't make it easier to place the mag release in an ergonomic position. On others, it does. It depends on the design of the weapon.

    But either way, it's really not the critical issue. The critical issues are that pistol grips help stabilize the weapon, allow for better grip (whicih improves accuracy), and makes one handed fire easier. All of these are fators that can facilitate a mass shooting.
    Thats exactly my point! Its not the pistol grip that makes the mag release easier to locate its the design of the weapon.

    What exactly do you mean by stabilize?

    Pistol grips dont help improve accuracy. Most snipers rifles dont have pistol grips and are more accurate then most weapons with pistol grips. Plus accuracy isnt that important when in a mass shooting due to the close ranges at which they tend to occur. Even an inaccurate rifle such as an AK47 is still relatively accurate up to like 400 yards or so.

    Pistol grips dont make one handed fire easier. Its just has hard to use a weapon with a pistol grip one handed as it is to use a weapon without a pistol grip one handed.

  10. #220
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,695

    Are assault weapons more or less dangerous than pistols?[W: 207]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    All other things being equal, a rifle with a pistol grip is easier to fire one handed than one without one.
    I just have to ask...have you ever tried to fire an M4 or similar style rifle one handed and actually hit something?

Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •