View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized at the federal level?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for recreational use

    50 56.18%
  • Only for medicinal purposes

    1 1.12%
  • No, but we should decriminalize it

    0 0%
  • No, it should remain banned

    5 5.62%
  • Leave it up to the states to decide

    19 21.35%
  • Legalize/decriminalize all drugs

    14 15.73%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 116

Thread: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

  1. #51
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,891

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Of course legalize it, don't even try to tax it; its too easy to grow.

    Anyone in favor of locking up their countryman for one vice but not another is a bigot legislating taste. Anyone in favor of prohibition is a ****ing moron, with no understanding of history, who are enabling drug cartels and gang violence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Actually, since he says he'd do it to spend the money on the War on Drugs and for government provided rehab...it would seem he's wanting to keep it illegal, but change the penalty to one that helps support the financial burdens of keeping it legal while removing the incarceration chance for violation of said laws.
    A war on drugs to pay for a war on drugs? I can think of an easy way to save that money... skip the war.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  2. #52
    User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 06:06 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    18

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I think it should remain illegal because it is bad for public health and we don't need another substance like that as an OTC substance.

    What I am saying though is that using marijuana shouldn't get someone thrown in jail, instead they should be fined.
    What makes you think you should have a say what others put in there own body?

  3. #53
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Actually, you could make the argument that all criminal laws are the states acting as a "nanny".
    Not all of them. Only those useless, leftist laws that are designed to protect the people from themselves would qualify. The useful ones (the ones that protect people from others) would be more like a "bodyguard". Nannies don't protect from others.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #54
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And my whole point was that laws that do not prevent others from harming others(which drunk driving laws do) should not be considered a function of a "nanny state", but things like making weed illegal, laws against SSM, where there is no harm to another persons rights would be considered a function of a "nanny state".
    How about outlawing Happy Meals and drinks over 16oz (in restaurants)?

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How about outlawing Happy Meals and drinks over 16oz (in restaurants)?
    Obviously, and I disagree with those things tremendously.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  6. #56
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,728

    Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Legalize it and DO NOT tax it. Federal and state governments have enough money that they don't know how to spend wisely, they don't need any more until they start acting like grown-ups.

    While I don't use it, simply because I don't like it, and especially because it's illegal, marijuana really is harmless.
    Last edited by The Man; 02-19-13 at 07:28 PM.

  7. #57
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    How about outlawing Happy Meals and drinks over 16oz (in restaurants)?
    Thankfully, the federal government hasn't done those things. They leave it entirely up to state and local governments to nanny if they wish to. Unlike the federal drug laws that the left wing socialists like Navy Pride support.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Legalize it and DO NOT tax it. Federal and state governments have enough money that they don't know how to spend wisely, they don't need any more until they start acting like grown-ups.

    While I don't use it, simply because I don't like it, and especially because it's illegal, marijuana really is harmless.
    and if it weren't harmless, should it be illegal?
    large sugary soft drinks aren't harmless.
    3,000 calorie meals aren't harmless.
    cigarettes most certainly aren't harmless.

    Should the nanny state protect us from ourselves by outlawing things that are not harmless?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #59
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Thankfully, the federal government hasn't done those things. They leave it entirely up to state and local governments to nanny if they wish to. Unlike the federal drug laws that the left wing socialists like Navy Pride support.
    Left wing socialists support strict drug laws?

  10. #60
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And the only reason they banned it in the first place was because of racism, and protecting the lumber industry.
    Better hope they don't ban aluminum foil…
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •