View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized at the federal level?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for recreational use

    50 56.18%
  • Only for medicinal purposes

    1 1.12%
  • No, but we should decriminalize it

    0 0%
  • No, it should remain banned

    5 5.62%
  • Leave it up to the states to decide

    19 21.35%
  • Legalize/decriminalize all drugs

    14 15.73%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 116 of 116

Thread: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,700

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Oh come off it, even alcohol and tobacco affect the people around you. Alcoholics, lung cancer, smoking in public, DUI, numerous fire codes, medical/car insurance rates (especially if a non-user has a user on a shared policy)....I'm all for legalizing pot but that argument is pure bull****.
    the best argument for legalizing Reefer is not claims that it is harmless or less harmful than booze but rather keeping it illegal is FAR more harmful than legalization



  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    And where do alcoholics come in again?
    .....
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Legalize it. Not only is it less harmful than alcohol, it's inherently immoral to imprison human beings for non-violent behavior that effects nobody but themselves.
    I've heard that pot affects short term memory....you may want to lay off the puff-puff for 24-72 hours before coming here to debate me.

  3. #113
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Of course. They abhor a free market.
    But they love weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the best argument for legalizing Reefer is not claims that it is harmless or less harmful than booze but rather keeping it illegal is FAR more harmful than legalization
    Exactly.

    The feds admitted the same about prohibition of booze rather soon. When will they finally admit the same about pot?

    Booze is not a good thing, either. Prohibition was worse.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #115
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the best argument for legalizing Reefer is not claims that it is harmless or less harmful than booze but rather keeping it illegal is FAR more harmful than legalization
    We have a winner!!

    My signature conveys that exact sentiment
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  6. #116
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,574

    Re: Do you support federal marijuana legalization?

    Sorry for the late response, my internet was out yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    If you cannot conclusively prove that each and every single smoker anyways uses a vaporizer and only smokes in their home, you have no point to begin with.
    I don't have to. My argument is that smoking in and of itself doesn't effect anyone else but the smoker. Your point seems to be that it always effects everybody. By your logic, you could take anything, to include eating bologna sandwiches as having effects on society.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's a controled substance which bars you from operating equipment or a vehicle while under the influence there-of. You really don't know much about this topic. Jesus dude get a clue and get back to me.
    And? Why do you keep bringing up alcoholics in a debate about cannabis?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well let's start with the fact that the government body which will be regulating weed is the same body which currently regulates alcohol, tobacco...and firearms.
    So after I ask you why you bring up alcoholism in a cannabis debate, you quote the ATF? That doesn't even make sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Do you know the people I know? I could say anything and you have no way to verify it. Ask better questions.
    Nope, and I don't need to. Nobody you know has lung cancer from weed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    So you agree that smoking pot affects other people.
    No, it doesn't. Some idiots doing stupid things on it, just as with alcohol, huffing paint, or anything effects people. People's actions are people's actions. I swear, you're like one of those liberals screaming about how guns kill people and not the people themselves. Hypocrite much?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm in construction, I'm dead serious.
    Guess you're opposed to grills, stoves, coffee pots, tv's, electricity, wool, matches, cigarettes, etc. for being fire hazards as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It's the business of every signing party on that contract. If you are on a shared policy, your smoking is affecting others by raising their premiums.
    It's illegal, nobody puts it on their insurance questionaires.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Against what? Smoking pot? I said I'm all for it.
    And yet you get angry and attack people who allegedly are on your side. Cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Your argument is just bull****. I fully support legalizing recreational pot immediately, but your argument is lame and pathetic.

    ****
    You smoking pot will affect others....but that's OK. If you don't want to pay a higher premium while on a shared policy with a smoker, get your own policy. If you don't like a building full of smoke, don't do business there. Other people will be affected....but that's OK. Other people are affected when I open-carry a gun...and that's OK too. While other people are affected...they are not harmed...or they at least have the ability to remove themselves from a situation if they feel they are being harmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    .....

    I've heard that pot affects short term memory....you may want to lay off the puff-puff for 24-72 hours before coming here to debate me.

    Really? You're the dick who jumped out of left field screaming about how I should "come off it" when I didn't even address you. I'm not sure why you're so angered by the concept that people's actions effect other people, smoking weed doesn't. There isn't anything about smoking, or drinking, or owning a gun, that inherently effects anyone else. If someone on the other hand decides to use one of those things against their fellow man, that is a separate instance altogether, and in that rare case is dealt with by the law.

    Open carry would be the equivalent of smoking in public. A better parallel would be owning a gun and keeping it in your own home. After all, that gun could go off accidentally and start a fire, the insurance company knowing about it could theoretically charge the owner more, the owner could be playing with it while driving and get in a wreck, you're not supposed to be operating heavy equipment while playing with a gun, and it could hit you in the lung to cause lung damage.

    If you can explain to me how simply owning a gun effects everyone else, I'll concede.

    So let me know when you're ready to calm the **** down and produce some real evidence that all smoking effects all of society. "Some people who use weed could potentially do something to effect others" is not really a solid argument.
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 02-22-13 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •