View Poll Results: Who to Blame for Obamacares' Failures?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • They wil blame Republicans, claiming Obamacare was their idea

    57 44.19%
  • They will blame themselves for not pushing single payer

    29 22.48%
  • They will blame providers and insurers for attempting to survive

    60 46.51%
  • IT WAS THAT VILLIAN, GEORGE BUSH!

    63 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 415

Thread: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

  1. #291
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Well SURE, if you count very a narrow metrics that don't affect MOST people, then yeah, anything is fab-yoo!
    So, it is your argument that the metric that counts least when measuring a Health Care System is whether or not the system provides quality health care.


    well, if you're going to start from that assumption, then yeah, there's not much that I can do for ya. I agree, once you decide not to measure American healthcare on our quality (or our quantity), then we don't do as well as we otherwise would



    and yeah, getting a college degree is pretty easy. It is just increasingly expensive, although conservatives in states such as texas are working on that

  2. #292
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: A Sucker Born Every Minute…

    Congratulations to Bassman, Blue_State, Bob Blaylock, buck, clownboy, d0gbreath, Gathomas88, ocean515, penn1954, Perotista, ReformCollege, rocket88, and ttwtt78640!


    It looks like there is a possibility that the argument for Obamacare will become similar to their argument for communism: it would work if it was ever tried, but conveniently all the attempts to try it don't count because of [insert villain of choice here].

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Right, so. Obamacare is now bending the cost-curve up, millions are going to lose their health insurance, the IRS is saying that the cheapest plan under Obamacares' exchanges will cost $20,000 for a family of five by 2016 and increase out of pocket costs even AFTER the subsidies, the hundreds of billions in cuts to Medicare to fund the program will cause many doctors to stop taking Medicare patients, and if we don't make those cuts to providers, then the costs of Obamacare, which are already rising, to explode. 26 States are refusing to work with HHS, and Obamacare's implementation, already well behind track threatens to fall further and further behind even as it is announced that they will not, actually, technically, so-to-speak, be able to help the people the bill was purported to aid.




    So. As this disaster of a behemoth of a bill continues to flail and fail, who are the Democrats going to blame? How far down the rabbit hole are they willing to go, ears plugged, eyes closed?
    I am surprised how quickly Obamacare seems to be falling apart.

    I thought it would take many years for the folly of this idea to become apparent.

    But it seems to be happening rather quickly.

  4. #294
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Your poll is also prefaced by the assumption that Obamacare will fail.
    Reid says it will, without heaping more money.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #295
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    When car insurance became mandatory the prices doubled This seems to follow that principle

  6. #296
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am surprised how quickly Obamacare seems to be falling apart.

    I thought it would take many years for the folly of this idea to become apparent.

    But it seems to be happening rather quickly.
    Which is good. I had suspected that failure had been baked in the cake hoping to create an opening for single-payer. It seems it may happen so quickly now, however, that the original legislation still gets the blame.

  7. #297
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I am surprised how quickly Obamacare seems to be falling apart.

    I thought it would take many years for the folly of this idea to become apparent.

    But it seems to be happening rather quickly.
    My original prediction was that it would take roughly 10 years before any attempts to fix it.

    Now, that's only on action. There's always a lag time between realization and action. Though, like you, I'm a little surprised at how quick, too.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #298
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Close, prefaced upon how people who say what you want to hear are telling you it is failing, by giving you inaccurate and incomplete pictures, and you buying into those lies. For example you mentions millions losing insurance, but fail to note that those people will still have access to insurance, and the number of insured will go up. it's deceptive practices like that which are the norm for your sources. Reminds me of when you where portraying Ryan's economic plan as from Simpson Bowles, without mentioning that all of the balancing items from Simpson Bowles got omitted, kinda like a kid who decides to eat only their desert but claims he ate what we given to him. The fact you are using editorial sources even in this OP is a sign of how desperate you are to try and make a case that isn't made.

    I am not a fan of Obamacare/ACA or whatever it is being called by whatever group, but I will actually let it happen before declaring it failed. That would actually be, you know, honest. Building straw men to try and score political points just makes this whole thread painfully silly, not that it has ever slowed you down as this thread shows.
    The whole idea of Obamacare was to get people...force people...into buying health insurance either through their employers or through health insurance companies themselves so as to mitigate and eventually lower health care costs because people are essentially paying into a pool from which they will eventually draw out of. They are trying to force employers to cover their employees. Problem being is that they put in a minimum hourly limit. Fall below that limit and the employer does not have to provide the insurance.

    In order to combat the increased payout the the company has to sustain they are lowering peoples hourly work hours to below that minimum. This does two things. First the employee now has to provide for their own insurance, the employer does not. It also lowers how much the employee is taking home, making it harder for them to buy health insurance from a health insurance company. So what is the employee going to do? Try and get government assisted health insurance. Which defeats the purported reason for Obamacare. It also increases the cost of Obamacare as more and more people get on federally assisted health insurance.

    Obamacare was doomed from the very begining due to this very natural reaction. Now if Obamacare had not set a minimum hourly limit or limit on how many employees an employer must have to do this it might not have failed. As is...it is going to fail. It's just a matter of when will it fail?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Close, prefaced upon how people who say what you want to hear are telling you it is failing, by giving you inaccurate and incomplete pictures, and you buying into those lies. For example you mentions millions losing insurance, but fail to note that those people will still have access to insurance, and the number of insured will go up. it's deceptive practices like that which are the norm for your sources. Reminds me of when you where portraying Ryan's economic plan as from Simpson Bowles, without mentioning that all of the balancing items from Simpson Bowles got omitted, kinda like a kid who decides to eat only their desert but claims he ate what we given to him. The fact you are using editorial sources even in this OP is a sign of how desperate you are to try and make a case that isn't made.

    I am not a fan of Obamacare/ACA or whatever it is being called by whatever group, but I will actually let it happen before declaring it failed. That would actually be, you know, honest. Building straw men to try and score political points just makes this whole thread painfully silly, not that it has ever slowed you down as this thread shows.
    It is already failing, working class people that have NEVER been without insurance are losing it now and the exchanges are a joke as coverages that are offered are much higher and out of reach for those people. When 26 year olds were allowed to stay on their parents insurance I personally saw the highest increase in premiums I have ever received in 30 years.

    Anyone that denies its failure is simply ignoring the current market environment or is letting someone else do their thinking for them.

  10. #300
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The whole idea of Obamacare was to get people...force people...into buying health insurance either through their employers or through health insurance companies themselves so as to mitigate and eventually lower health care costs because people are essentially paying into a pool from which they will eventually draw out of. They are trying to force employers to cover their employees. Problem being is that they put in a minimum hourly limit. Fall below that limit and the employer does not have to provide the insurance.

    In order to combat the increased payout the the company has to sustain they are lowering peoples hourly work hours to below that minimum. This does two things. First the employee now has to provide for their own insurance, the employer does not. It also lowers how much the employee is taking home, making it harder for them to buy health insurance from a health insurance company. So what is the employee going to do? Try and get government assisted health insurance. Which defeats the purported reason for Obamacare. It also increases the cost of Obamacare as more and more people get on federally assisted health insurance.

    Obamacare was doomed from the very begining due to this very natural reaction. Now if Obamacare had not set a minimum hourly limit or limit on how many employees an employer must have to do this it might not have failed. As is...it is going to fail. It's just a matter of when will it fail?
    I had always focused in on the inevitable collapse produced by forced issuance and community rating with an insufficient disciplinary mechanism... but yeah, I hadn't thought of that. Good point. This behemoth spaghetti nightmare is doomed for several reasons, not just one or two.

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •