View Poll Results: Who to Blame for Obamacares' Failures?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • They wil blame Republicans, claiming Obamacare was their idea

    57 44.19%
  • They will blame themselves for not pushing single payer

    29 22.48%
  • They will blame providers and insurers for attempting to survive

    60 46.51%
  • IT WAS THAT VILLIAN, GEORGE BUSH!

    63 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 415

Thread: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

  1. #281
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    The goal was to insure 27 million but leave 10-20 million uninsured? I don't recall reading that when the law was being 'debated'.
    The goal was to reduce the number of uninsured. You might have read that somewhere...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #282
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The goal was to reduce the number of uninsured. You might have read that somewhere...
    Well hell he could have just bought one person health insurance from his own pocket and claimed that!
    There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
    P. J. O'Rourke

  3. #283
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebie Jeebie View Post
    Well hell he could have just bought one person health insurance from his own pocket and claimed that!
    Or more reasonable we cxould try and insure as many as possible. A significant percentage of the US would be a worthwhile goal, don't you think? 27 million, why that is a significant percentage of the US population...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #284
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    They will blame the man who came up with the idea in the first place. Mitt Romney.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or more reasonable we cxould try and insure as many as possible. A significant percentage of the US would be a worthwhile goal, don't you think? 27 million, why that is a significant percentage of the US population...
    I have no problem with the 27 million who will be insured, that's hunky dory. However, as someone who has done tax preparation for several years, I really don't want people coming at me pissed off to no end because they are fined by the IRS over this. I mean, in 2014 it won't be too bad, but in 2016 an uninsured family of 3 will get a couple THOUSAND in IRS fees (minimum), and I simply don't want to hear from them - and you know they're going to come to me, not the IRS.

    I disagree with the mandate for many reasons, but I have extra vested interest in it for obvious ones.

  6. #286
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I have no problem with the 27 million who will be insured, that's hunky dory. However, as someone who has done tax preparation for several years, I really don't want people coming at me pissed off to no end because they are fined by the IRS over this. I mean, in 2014 it won't be too bad, but in 2016 an uninsured family of 3 will get a couple THOUSAND in IRS fees (minimum), and I simply don't want to hear from them - and you know they're going to come to me, not the IRS.

    I disagree with the mandate for many reasons, but I have extra vested interest in it for obvious ones.
    Why isn't this family insured in the first place?

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why isn't this family insured in the first place?
    I assume income. Health insurance isn't cheap - nor should it be.

    The dad may also have a job that isn't worthy of it.

  8. #288
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Danbury View Post
    Happy to do so. But are you acknowledging that you do NOT do your homework and are unaware of something everyone is aware of? I was simply saying, know what you're talking about before you comment. So, here we go, me doing YOUR homework. And we'll just run with the "your leftist sources" thing afterward, okay?

    U.S. Ranks Last Among Seven Countries on Health System Performance Based on Measures of Quality, Efficiency, Access, Equity, and Healthy Lives - The Commonwealth Fund

    Health Costs: How the U.S. Compares With Other Countries | PBS NewsHour

    The 36 Best Healthcare Systems In The World - Business Insider

    PolitiFact | John Boehner says U.S. health care system is best in world

    WHO | World Health Organization Assesses the World's Health Systems

    TONS of info. out there.
    Sure there is a ton. But what none of it tells us is there different factors that affect their ratings. What measures do the weigh and how much does each count towards the ranking? Are all the societies listed and ranked equal in all other factors except healthcare?

    All these prove is how we rank based upon what they think is important, not actual performance. What other factors play a role? Are there any, or are you saying that no other factors influence statistics used to measure healthcare?

    Does whether we have uninsured people vs a socialist system actually affect the quality of care given? If we eliminated all the cost associated with the uninsured, what would our actual costs be? What role does the development and deployment of new technologies play? How do we rank compared to others for innovation? How do we rank in post operative infections vs others? What about quality of facilities?

    What other factors play a role? Where do we rank for teen pregnancy? Does that play a role? How about obesity? Exercise? Alcoholism? Drug Use? Accident rates? Pollution in the air and water?

    Why only those selected countries? Why not all? The WHO has been trying to sell and support socialism in medicine since it's start. Why should I believe they don't tailor their findings to be pro-socialism like so many other things from the UN?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #289
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I assume income. Health insurance isn't cheap - nor should it be.

    The dad may also have a job that isn't worthy of it.
    If they are that low I doubt they will get hit with the fine

  10. #290
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If they are that low I doubt they will get hit with the fine
    Oh they'll get hit with the fine, but under a certain income level allows for subsidies (well I take that back - if they qualify for MedicAid, that solves the problem, but that's going to be more difficult to do in the future). The question will be how much those subsidies will be, and if it's enough to actually be better off paying for the coverage or just eat the tax fine.

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •