View Poll Results: Who to Blame for Obamacares' Failures?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • They wil blame Republicans, claiming Obamacare was their idea

    57 44.19%
  • They will blame themselves for not pushing single payer

    29 22.48%
  • They will blame providers and insurers for attempting to survive

    60 46.51%
  • IT WAS THAT VILLIAN, GEORGE BUSH!

    63 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 415

Thread: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

  1. #241
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I'd argue that we haven't gotten past the "denial" phase of mourning yet, but sure.
    And your argument would be wrong. If you want denial, look in the mirror. There's plenty on both sides of the aisle. You tend to ignore that on your side.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #242
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Btw, cp... I read the links in the OP. There was so much you misrepresented, I didn't even bother posting... mostly because you're not going to listen anyway and because your OP is a false premise, anyhow, making your entire point irrelevant.
    I always like when people do the "drive by" gosh-you're-just-so-wrong-that-I-can't-take-the-time-to-explain-why response.

    CC, I actually had someone use telepathic powers to read your mind, pull out your arguments, and I then listed and defeated them all. However, I'm not going to post any of those responses because it's not like you would read them. In the meantime, the links are simply what pops up first on the google search when I look back for the stories I remember most of them are conservative sources (because that is who is interested in keeping tabs on the ongoing failures inside the Obamacare implementation efforts) citing non-partisan primary sources such as the IRS and CBO.

    see how foolish that sounds?

  3. #243
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    And your argument would be wrong.
    That's fantastic to hear. Please link or quote the Obamacare supporters who have passed that phase and are now either on to bargaining or acceptance. I would be fascinated to see how fast the left-wing recognition of the disaster that this piece of legislation is turning into is proceeding.

    If you want denial, look in the mirror. There's plenty on both sides of the aisle.
    and both sides are full of good people and bad people and stupid people and smart people and so on and so forth and qualifier ad nauseum. Which alters the problems that this poorly-thought-out attempt to re-work 1/8th of our economy through mass-bureaucracy is experiencing not a whit.

  4. #244
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I always like when people do the "drive by" gosh-you're-just-so-wrong-that-I-can't-take-the-time-to-explain-why response.

    CC, I actually had someone use telepathic powers to read your mind, pull out your arguments, and I then listed and defeated them all. However, I'm not going to post any of those responses because it's not like you would read them.

    see how foolish that sounds?
    It would be nice if YOU could recognize when you misrepresent things. But even when confronted, you deny these things. Here... the first link:

    Your quote is "Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law". This is not what the article says. What it says is that these people will CHOOSE to pay penalties rather than pay for Obamacare. You misrepresented... not surprisingly. It's what you do.

    Now, if you had actually presented an HONEST and accurate OP question, this might be different. But you didn't. I have found it mostly useless to confront you on your misrepresentations. You just do them again. It is far simpler to just expose your concepts as being incorrect, logically, as I did here.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #245
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's fantastic to hear. Please link or quote the Obamacare supporters who have passed that phase and are now either on to bargaining or acceptance. I would be fascinated to see how fast the left-wing recognition of the disaster that this piece of legislation is turning into is proceeding.
    You missed the point, not surprisingly. Your position on DENIAL is wrong.



    and both sides are full of good people and bad people and stupid people and smart people and so on and so forth and qualifier ad nauseum. Which alters the problems that this poorly-thought-out attempt to re-work 1/8th of our economy through mass-bureaucracy is experiencing not a whit.
    And your inability to see the reality of problems on both sides is your major weakness when you debate.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #246
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    04-06-13 @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    570

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's fantastic to hear. Please link or quote the Obamacare supporters who have passed that phase and are now either on to bargaining or acceptance. I would be fascinated to see how fast the left-wing recognition of the disaster that this piece of legislation is turning into is proceeding.



    :
    Are you unaware of how failed our health care system is, or are you just opting to ignore that in order to declare a system not even in place a failure?

  7. #247
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I always like when people do the "drive by" gosh-you're-just-so-wrong-that-I-can't-take-the-time-to-explain-why response.

    CC, I actually had someone use telepathic powers to read your mind, pull out your arguments, and I then listed and defeated them all. However, I'm not going to post any of those responses because it's not like you would read them. In the meantime, the links are simply what pops up first on the google search when I look back for the stories I remember most of them are conservative sources (because that is who is interested in keeping tabs on the ongoing failures inside the Obamacare implementation efforts) citing non-partisan primary sources such as the IRS and CBO.

    see how foolish that sounds?
    And yet as has been shown in this very thread, those sources lied and distorted what the CBO actually did say. And you bought those lies because they where what you wanted to hear.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #248
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It would be nice if YOU could recognize when you misrepresent things. But even when confronted, you deny these things. Here... the first link:

    Your quote is "Seven million will lose insurance under Obama health law". This is not what the article says. What it says is that these people will CHOOSE to pay penalties rather than pay for Obamacare. You misrepresented... not surprisingly. It's what you do.
    let's quote the actual article and see:

    See the whole "pushed out of their job based insurance coverage" bit? It doesn't say that 7 million people will choose to pay the penalties, it says that their employers will choose to pay the penalties. Look, it's in the second paragraph:

    CBO said that this year’s tax cuts have changed the incentives for businesses and made it less attractive to pay for insurance, meaning fewer will decide to do so. Instead, they’ll choose to pay a penalty to the government, totaling $13 billion in higher fees over the next decade.
    You will notice that the "they" is the businesses, not the individuals.
    Now, if you had actually presented an HONEST and accurate OP question, this might be different. But you didn't.
    Funny you should say so - it seems that you are the one who has inaccurately described the article. Now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - I don't think you did it because you are inherently untruthful. I think you just skimmed the article and took away a false impression. But perhaps you should make sure before you accuse others of duplicity, eh?

  9. #249
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And yet as has been shown in this very thread, those sources lied and distorted what the CBO actually did say. And you bought those lies because they where what you wanted to hear.
    ....you realize that you making an ad sourcinem and a just-so statement in tandem does not, actually, constitute "being shown"?

  10. #250
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    let's quote the actual article and see:
    See the whole "pushed out of their job based insurance coverage" bit? It doesn't say that 7 million people will choose to pay the penalties, it says that their employers will choose to pay the penalties. Look, it's in the second paragraph:

    Funny you should say so - it seems that you are the one who has inaccurately described the article. Now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - I don't think you did it because you are inherently untruthful. I think you just skimmed the article and took away a false impression. But perhaps you should make sure before you accuse others of duplicity, eh?
    Do you actually know what all that means? These folks who will no longer have employer based insurance CAN have the government plan. So they will not lose insurance... they can CHOOSE to switch or they too can CHOOSE to pay penalties. You need to look beyond just the black and white of the matter. Your quote did not accurately represent what will occur.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •