View Poll Results: Who to Blame for Obamacares' Failures?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • They wil blame Republicans, claiming Obamacare was their idea

    57 44.19%
  • They will blame themselves for not pushing single payer

    29 22.48%
  • They will blame providers and insurers for attempting to survive

    60 46.51%
  • IT WAS THAT VILLIAN, GEORGE BUSH!

    63 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 415

Thread: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

  1. #191
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Good evening pg. It would be nice to get a rational answer to a simple question once in awhile...
    Simple, or merely one you want? Ask a better question.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #192
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    IOW, you can't or won't answer the question. I told you no one had. Good night...
    See above.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #193
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Good evening pg. It would be nice to get a rational answer to a simple question once in awhile...
    Reality can be a tough taskmaster, and it's easier to ignore it than face it. That is what has me concerned...

  4. #194
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    1. No one it had to be, only that currently it is.

    2. We spend more than UHC systems.

    3. We spent money on gimmick medicine, commonly referred to as snake oil. Fraudulent Health Gimmicks A Booming Market That Preys On Fear ...
    news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat...id...sjid...
    Fraudulent Health Gimmicks A Booming Market That Preys On Fear And Ignores ... trying to educate you, the general public, about this alarming, growing problem. ... we start paying for all the snake-oil salesmen in this field, our health care bill ...
    I can agree with number one with the exception that you'll really need to talk to Teddy Kennedy about making that an imperative. We spend more on everything than anybody else. America is a big place with a lot of people. Show me a country as large with UHC that delivers the same quality of care. People who spend money on gimmicks are spending their own money for the most part. I am not responsible for their bad decisions, and neither is anybody else. I can be sympathetic, but that won't cure fear and ignorance.

  5. #195
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    I can agree with number one with the exception that you'll really need to talk to Teddy Kennedy about making that an imperative. We spend more on everything than anybody else. America is a big place with a lot of people. Show me a country as large with UHC that delivers the same quality of care. People who spend money on gimmicks are spending their own money for the most part. I am not responsible for their bad decisions, and neither is anybody else. I can be sympathetic, but that won't cure fear and ignorance.
    Not just the total, but per capita.

    I suspect your overrate our quality. I think you want me to address the myth and not the reality. Our healthcare is quite good for the wealthy, but not as good for everyone else.

    This is more the truth:

    It’s true that specific aspects of the U.S. health care system are either the best or among the best in the world. But other aspects of the U.S. system fall short of what other advanced nations provide. Boehner’s claim that the United States has "the best health care delivery system in the world" is too glib to accurately characterize a much more nuanced reality. On balance, we rate his statement Half True.

    PolitiFact | John Boehner says U.S. health care system is best in world


    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/12/op...pagewanted=all

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #196
    User DannyRux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    143

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Most have insurance, or Medicare or Medicaid, but there are those without any of it. Largely the working poor.
    The working poor lack a lot of things. High School education, for one. Education is already "paid for", what's to say these people are going to utilize their insurance that is now "paid for"? What about the rich people that don't utilize the services they can afford? Amy Winehouse for example, had an enormous amount of resources to pay for her care. Why did she die prematurely? John Candy, Richie Valenzuela, Buddy Holly, Chris Farley, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson... All of which could afford any care they needed, they all refused (or abused).

    Having access to healthcare does not make you healthy. Your argument makes perfect sense when you willingly ignore reality.
    Most self-described liberals and progressives aren't nearly as liberal or progressive as they believe themselves to be.

    The single greatest threat to liberty is the collective belief that government grants it.

  7. #197
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Boo Radley: "I suspect your overrate our quality. I think you want me to address the myth and not the reality. Our healthcare is quite good for the wealthy, but not as good for everyone else." ..........I don't believe it's a myth at all. I recently had surgery at a local hospital. No one asked me how much money I have. The care was excellent. I don't think I would've received any better care at a more renowned or upscale facility. I generally don't pay much attention to the fact checker groups because they all seem to have a particular agenda they wish to support. I prefer to do my own. Sorry for the departure from form here. I'm new here, and don't have all the features down pat yet. This is a nice site. I'm out for the night. Have a good evening.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyRux View Post
    The working poor lack a lot of things. High School education, for one. Education is already "paid for", what's to say these people are going to utilize their insurance that is now "paid for"? What about the rich people that don't utilize the services they can afford? Amy Winehouse for example, had an enormous amount of resources to pay for her care. Why did she die prematurely? John Candy, Richie Valenzuela, Buddy Holly, Chris Farley, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson... All of which could afford any care they needed, they all refused (or abused).

    Having access to healthcare does not make you healthy. Your argument makes perfect sense when you willingly ignore reality.
    If you deal in absolutes, your argument makes sense. Sure there re accept ions, but far and away, better healthcare does provide better results. That is reality.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #199
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    Boo Radley: "I suspect your overrate our quality. I think you want me to address the myth and not the reality. Our healthcare is quite good for the wealthy, but not as good for everyone else." ..........I don't believe it's a myth at all. I recently had surgery at a local hospital. No one asked me how much money I have. The care was excellent. I don't think I would've received any better care at a more renowned or upscale facility. I generally don't pay much attention to the fact checker groups because they all seem to have a particular agenda they wish to support. I prefer to do my own. Sorry for the departure from form here. I'm new here, and don't have all the features down pat yet. This is a nice site. I'm out for the night. Have a good evening.
    They wouldn't have done the surgery outside the ER absent ability to pay. So there was a payer somewhere.

    Also, no single persons experience is enough. You have to look at overall numbers to get a overall picture.

    Anyway, welcome to the site.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #200
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,870
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not accepting facts and sound reasoning isn't really what thinking for yourself means. More like refusing to think.

    You flatter yourself.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •