View Poll Results: Who to Blame for Obamacares' Failures?

Voters
129. You may not vote on this poll
  • They wil blame Republicans, claiming Obamacare was their idea

    57 44.19%
  • They will blame themselves for not pushing single payer

    29 22.48%
  • They will blame providers and insurers for attempting to survive

    60 46.51%
  • IT WAS THAT VILLIAN, GEORGE BUSH!

    63 48.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 415

Thread: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

  1. #151
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's a public concern. Illness often bleeds from one to another. The entire community runs a risk with too many unhealthy folks running around.
    There won't be "too many" because most people take care of themselves. As for the rest, that's the role of charity. Just like food, clothing and shelter.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #152
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    First, it's the wrong question. It isn't about expectation, but about the problem of a needed service, like when your house is on fire, that most can't really handle on their own. Because it will eventually involve others, a wise community plans for that eventuality.

    And we do the not individually, but as a community.
    If my house burns, I have insurance to cover any loss. Try answering the question, not avoiding it...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #153
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Which keeps everything but the way to pay for it as I said. You have to read the details. That's how one doesn't become a sheep.
    Are you saying that it is commonplace to decide to do something, and then try to find a way to pay for it? Businesses don't operate that way....and it's becoming apparent the government can't either.

  4. #154
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, not false at all. From the link:

    he said. ''One is to make sure that those with pre-existing conditions can get coverage."
    A lie that is half-truth is the darkest of all lies.
    ― Alfred Tennyson
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #155
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There won't be "too many" because most people take care of themselves. As for the rest, that's the role of charity. Just like food, clothing and shelter.
    Most have insurance, or Medicare or Medicaid, but there are those without any of it. Largely the working poor.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    If my house burns, I have insurance to cover any loss. Try answering the question, not avoiding it...
    I'm talking about fighting the fire. I have insurance if my wife dies. I am answering the question. Trying working with the answer.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #157
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Most have insurance, or Medicare or Medicaid, but there are those without any of it. Largely the working poor.
    Yes. There are those without. Your point?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #158
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Are you saying that it is commonplace to decide to do something, and then try to find a way to pay for it? Businesses don't operate that way....and it's becoming apparent the government can't either.
    I'm saying that's what we knew of Romney's plan. He was going to keep paying for reciting conditions, and o away with the method to ay for that. That is what he had on the table.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    “A lie that is half-truth is the darkest of all lies.”
    ― Alfred Tennyson
    Would you like the fact checkers as well? They speak to how little sense what he was saying made.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Who will Democrats blame for the failure of Obamacare?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Yes. There are those without. Your point?
    There's a few points there:

    1. They will get I'll and injured.

    2. They will be treated, most likely in an ER.

    3. And one way or another we will pay for it. Likely in the most expensive way possible.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •