View Poll Results: What Do You Think Of Sen. Cruz?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's a rabble rouser who is up to no good

    13 61.90%
  • He's fighting the good fight

    8 38.10%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

  1. #21
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,643

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas1836 View Post
    Cruz's only qualification for senator was being a lawyer. His record as a lawyer included defending a Chinese trademark thief versus a US citizen. His original response was that he was a private citizen and can represent who he wants. When people didn't but that he later backtracked that and then claimed he wasn't the "lead" lawyer on it even though it was his signature on all the papers.

    Sure as a private lawyer he can represent who he wants but it shows me that money is more important to him than values. That is not a quality I want in my senator. I do not trust him to protect Texas' interest if it will hurt him financially or politically.
    Lawyers often represent "bad folks" in criminal and civil cases, but that is expected, in fact, often demanded in our legal system. Should lawyers not offer legal advice and services to these "bad folks"?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-25-13 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Lawyers often represent "bad folks" in criminal and civil cases, but that is expected, in fact, often demanded in our legal system. Should lawyers not offer legal advice and services to these "bad folks"?
    No they should not offer counsel to "folks" from other countries who were actively trying to destroy our economy. Especially if they want to be a US senator.

  3. #23
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,643

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas1836 View Post
    No they should not offer counsel to "folks" from other countries who were actively trying to destroy our economy. Especially if they want to be a US senator.
    So illegal aliens should not get any legal representation now. You seem to like the fact that Obama uses a dreamy version of our immigration law yet wish foreign "bad folks" to get no legal representation. Deportation hearings should now take mere seconds with no legal aid allowed for foreign "criminals".
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,344

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas1836 View Post
    No they should not offer counsel to "folks" from other countries who were actively trying to destroy our economy. Especially if they want to be a US senator.
    Why? Everyone is entitled to counsel of their choice in legal matters.

    Does your argument extend to border invaders who cross into the country illegally and steal jobs? As despicable as border invading is IMO, even I think that when caught they are entitled to legal counsel.

    I know nothing of Cruz, but being a lawyer doing his job should not disqualify him from representing the people who elected him.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-25-13 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    So illegal aliens should not get any legal representation now. You seem to like the fact that Obama uses a dreamy version of our immigration law yet wish foreign "bad folks" to get no legal representation. Deportation hearings should now take mere seconds with no legal aid allowed for foreign "criminals".
    We were talking about civil matters not criminal ones, apples and oranges.

  6. #26
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,643

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas1836 View Post
    We were talking about civil matters not criminal ones, apples and oranges.
    I see. You can take "bad folks" money with impunity just not lock them up or deport them. That is a nice "just us" system that you support.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-25-13 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I know nothing of Cruz, but being a lawyer doing his job should not disqualify him from representing the people who elected him.
    No one forced Cruz to represent them he chose the money over the principals. That's fine if you ONLY want to be a lawyer. When he became a candidate for a US senator and claimed he was going to be "tough on China" forgive me if I don't believe a single word he says.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-25-13 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    I see. You can take "bad folks" money with impunity just not lock them up or deport them. That is a nice "just us" system that you support.
    You aren't even making any sense, when did I say you couldn't lock up or deport "bad folks"

  9. #29
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,643

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas1836 View Post
    You aren't even making any sense, when did I say you couldn't lock up or deport "bad folks"
    Duh? The difference between civil (money damages only) and criminal (jail/prison and deporation) penalties. You asserted that denying legal council to foreigners was OK in civil cases. Do try to keep up.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    06-25-13 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    38

    Re: What Do You Think Of Cruz?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Duh? The difference between civil (money damages only) and criminal (jail/prison and deporation) penalties. You asserted that denying legal council to foreigners was OK in civil cases. Do try to keep up.
    No I said that lawyers who have a choice should not defend them. You keep making up these crazy things about what I think and then attacking those positions.

    Like this

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You seem to like the fact that Obama uses a dreamy version of our immigration law
    Just ridiculous

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •