View Poll Results: Was Dorner executed or was it an unfortunate consequence?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, police knew teargas would burn him alive.

    37 68.52%
  • NO, it was an honest attempt to subdue him.

    17 31.48%
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 230

Thread: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

  1. #71
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,342

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    They were allowing cameras close enough to get shot?

    HIGHLY doubtful.

    And "He looked like he had a weapon" is a standard explanation.
    There were live cameras. If he comes out with his hands up, lays down as told with hands forward, etc, he lives. Pretending that the cops could, with cameras rolling on the scene, PLANT A WEAPON ON HIM, is too much. It's off the reservation, beyond the pale, ridiculous and impossible.

  2. #72
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    It might have been necessary to kill this guy due to his resistance but over all I do not agree with your sentiment. Habeas corpus exists for a reason, so does trial by a jury of your peers.

    We don't have a police force of Judge Dreds. Their job is to detain SUSPECTS for processing by the courts. Anything less if vigilante justice and violates the Bill of Rights.
    Maybe.

    Keep this in mind: Liberal client groups are now using the American Constitution to destroy America. Muslim Jihadists have actually said that they will use the American Constitution to achieve their freedom to implement Sharia law. Boundless allegiance to jurisprudence was possible when America had a common culture dedicated to achievement and goodness, universal political willingness to obey the law and love of country. That culture is gone and to failure to recognize how evil may use the tools of goodness to destroy is extremely naive. These are times when one must summon the strength to fight back against evil, not find comfort and solace in naivety while hoping that "things will be all right" simply because that course requires no courage or effort.

    One must find the proper balance within oneself, not blindly embrace the institutions that are being corrupted by those who would do us harm.
    Last edited by Ray410; 02-13-13 at 02:05 PM.

  3. #73
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Also, the poll question is an EXTREME anti police poll, since starting a fire in the cabin would NOT burn him alive. It would force him out with his only option being suicide.

    Setting the cabin on fire would NOT have been "burning him alive." The OPer should just have started his OP with "I REALLY, REALLY HATE POLICE!" for how it is worded.

  4. #74
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neosteve View Post
    There is a town in Texas called Waco. Another unfortunate accident.
    This was NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, like Waco and it is disgusting that you try to compare the two.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    There were live cameras. If he comes out with his hands up, lays down as told with hands forward, etc, he lives. Pretending that the cops could, with cameras rolling on the scene, PLANT A WEAPON ON HIM, is too much. It's off the reservation, beyond the pale, ridiculous and impossible.
    My bad, I was unaware they were allowing cameras to film the whole thing. They usually keep them back.

    So, "He looked like he was going for a weapon", then.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #76
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,342

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    My bad, I was unaware they were allowing cameras to film the whole thing. They usually keep them back.

    So, "He looked like he was going for a weapon", then.
    Backpedaling on CT is no fun. Eventually, you'll find some kind of subterfuge that could maybe possibly be employed to kill him illegally and...

    therefore he had no chance.


    Nonsense.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Also, the poll question is an EXTREME anti police poll, since starting a fire in the cabin would NOT burn him alive. It would force him out with his only option being suicide.

    Setting the cabin on fire would NOT have been "burning him alive." The OPer should just have started his OP with "I REALLY, REALLY HATE POLICE!" for how it is worded.
    So it's acceptable and justifiable police procedure to set fire to any structure a bad guy is hiding in, eh? Interesting.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    It might have been necessary to kill this guy due to his resistance but over all I do not agree with your sentiment. Habeas corpus exists for a reason, so does trial by a jury of your peers.

    We don't have a police force of Judge Dreds. Their job is to detain SUSPECTS for processing by the courts. Anything less if vigilante justice and violates the Bill of Rights.
    I think when you do what he did, you don't deserve a trial by jury. You've pretty much made it clear that you're either going to escape or die.

    I'll let them facilitate the latter.

  9. #79
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I think when you do what he did, you don't deserve a trial by jury. You've pretty much made it clear that you're either going to escape or die.

    I'll let them facilitate the latter.
    Doesn't matter if you think he doesn't "deserve" it, it is still required to provide it. And they cannot just go off and kill folk because someone shot at the police.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Doesn't matter if you think he doesn't "deserve" it, it is still required to provide it. And they cannot just go off and kill folk because someone shot at the police.
    My brain knows you're right. My heart just wants this guy shot dead and his next of kin billed for the bullet.

    That's why I've always had an internal struggle with my libertarianism. Some people just act like they don't deserve certain rights. I have streaks of elitism and meritocracy that just can't be 100% compatible with libertarian thought.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •