View Poll Results: Was Dorner executed or was it an unfortunate consequence?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, police knew teargas would burn him alive.

    37 68.52%
  • NO, it was an honest attempt to subdue him.

    17 31.48%
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
Results 221 to 230 of 230

Thread: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

  1. #221
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I agree he was bananas though what if he DID have an innocent hostage they didn't know about in the cabin? Would their behavior have been so easily dismissed?
    Evacuate a half-mile radius and wait him out? This guy swore to and did kill cops on sight, and he's probably got 500m of reach and then some. When he demands food, we send for takeout? I just hope we can get Commander Worf to drive the get-away semi.

  2. #222
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    "Read some articles on the internet"

    Yeah, 'cause if it's in the internet, it's true. I heard that on the internet.

    FACT: The police used the non-incendiary tear gas delivery cannister FIRST, it did not drive him out. The next step was the stronger delivery system.

    That the suspect CHOSE to try and withstand the gas rather than leave the building is who's fault?

    This guy knew the law, and he knew that he would been treated fairly if he surrendered. He chose not to.

    This is suicide by cop or he shot himself.
    Last edited by CaptinSarcastic; 02-15-13 at 01:17 AM. Reason: fixed quote

  3. #223
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    When he demands food, we send for takeout? I just hope we can get Commander Worf to drive the get-away semi.
    Haha, the joke keeps giving:

    No, no, that's "yes, captain".
    Yes, captain.
    That doesn't sound like you mean it.
    Yes, captain!
    Ok, full speed ahead!


    (South Park, Fun with Veal)

  4. #224
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Here we are, Sam, Day 196 of the stand off between the ex-cop and, well, everyone. CNN has been covering live 24/7 since the start.
    *bang*
    Damnit, Sam, we lost another camera man. Anyway, we can see through the window that he's riding... is he? Yes, he is... riding the new stationary bike provided by Nike who, ironically enough, reminds us to 'just do it'.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 02-15-13 at 02:38 AM.

  5. #225
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Certain? How could they be, unless they searched the premises? They were going by what the two maids that escaped said. But what if some child had been walking out back in the snow and Dorner had snatched him up and tucked him in the back room?

    My only point is the procedure to subdue and detain a suspect and not to dispense instant justice on a cornered perpetrator, exist for a reason. Too many people either wanted to support him, which is wrong or justify anything the police did because it stopped him. They may have been well within guidelines. I don't know for sure. This was always a POLL with simple questions, not accusations about events that I have no first hand knowledge of.


    It was a poll that did not ask accurate opposing questions because of your "burm him alive" absurd juxtiposition. It only would have been burning him alive if they had locked him in the cabin refusing to allow him to surrender as they burned the cabin.

    By what the maids said it all but certain there was no hostage, combined with him not declaring he had one. He COULD have had a remote cell phone activated 1000 bomb in a hospital. In theory he COULD have had ... but all reasonable known facts including 2 eye witnesses made it a reasonable conclusion he had no witnesses.

    Why don't you limit it to what appears to be the truly WRONG actions of the police of shooting up a couple of wrong vehicles before this happened at the cabin?

    It need be remembered that he had VERY long range weapons, that it KNOWN he was a good enough shot to kill people, and it known police body armor will not stop those bullets from his rifle(s). In addition, with it KNOWN he had a "silencer," containing him overall was impossible without endangering more police lives lost. And that does not consider it very possible he had more deadly ammo or weapons still. I have some NATO .308 ammo (a common civilian caliber too including in bolt action) that will cut thru 1 inch hardened steel armor - or 2 inches+ regular steel and slice nearly any tree. Being 30 caliber bullets, they could be switched to even longer range cartridges. There is no way to SAFELY contain someone with such ammo because you can't even safely watch without exposing yourself.

    There are rifles that in calm air can put a bullet within 2 or 3 inches at many hundreds of yards, with range finders, scopes and drop-charts per grams of the bullet allow anyone with a steady hand to make such a shot with a good chance of being within inches. How do you watch and contain someone like that with such firepower? Its NOT that he maybe had a 30 round high capacity AR15. It's it was known he was into and very capable of having very deadly weaponry pre-planned - known by his having a silencer (not easy to get and generally homemade) - and thus may have had such as a BOLT ACTION high quality 30-378 with a SERIOUS SCOPE firing MAJOR military grade ammo. You can not "contain" such a person. You can not even watch such a person. If you can see him, his rifle scope can see you.

    AND did those officers have night scopes and night vision? A good chance he did. Then what? Not only no way to contain him, but the police would have to evacuate the area - FAST - as the sun set. Then anyone, everyone, would be at risk and he with a good chance of escape, more killings along the way. They HAD to force him to 1.) surrender, 2.) shoot him or 3.) give him the choice of either surrender or suicide. The clock was ticking as it was already in the afternoon - and every minute that passed another officer could have been murdered by him.

  6. #226
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,432

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    "Read some articles on the internet"

    Yeah, 'cause if it's in the internet, it's true. I heard that on the internet.
    I believe you.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #227
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    No, I'm talking about American citizen.

    We just used a drone to kill one that was 16 a few weeks ago.

    And it's now legal, according to the Justice Department, for the President to to deny anyone he chooses the right to a trial, but he can still detain them indefinitely....

    Guess you've missed that.
    To an America citizen on US soil?

    Show me.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #228
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    It was a poll that did not ask accurate opposing questions because of your "burm him alive" absurd juxtiposition. It only would have been burning him alive if they had locked him in the cabin refusing to allow him to surrender as they burned the cabin.

    By what the maids said it all but certain there was no hostage, combined with him not declaring he had one. He COULD have had a remote cell phone activated 1000 bomb in a hospital. In theory he COULD have had ... but all reasonable known facts including 2 eye witnesses made it a reasonable conclusion he had no witnesses.

    Why don't you limit it to what appears to be the truly WRONG actions of the police of shooting up a couple of wrong vehicles before this happened at the cabin?

    It need be remembered that he had VERY long range weapons, that it KNOWN he was a good enough shot to kill people, and it known police body armor will not stop those bullets from his rifle(s). In addition, with it KNOWN he had a "silencer," containing him overall was impossible without endangering more police lives lost. And that does not consider it very possible he had more deadly ammo or weapons still. I have some NATO .308 ammo (a common civilian caliber too including in bolt action) that will cut thru 1 inch hardened steel armor - or 2 inches+ regular steel and slice nearly any tree. Being 30 caliber bullets, they could be switched to even longer range cartridges. There is no way to SAFELY contain someone with such ammo because you can't even safely watch without exposing yourself.

    There are rifles that in calm air can put a bullet within 2 or 3 inches at many hundreds of yards, with range finders, scopes and drop-charts per grams of the bullet allow anyone with a steady hand to make such a shot with a good chance of being within inches. How do you watch and contain someone like that with such firepower? Its NOT that he maybe had a 30 round high capacity AR15. It's it was known he was into and very capable of having very deadly weaponry pre-planned - known by his having a silencer (not easy to get and generally homemade) - and thus may have had such as a BOLT ACTION high quality 30-378 with a SERIOUS SCOPE firing MAJOR military grade ammo. You can not "contain" such a person. You can not even watch such a person. If you can see him, his rifle scope can see you.

    AND did those officers have night scopes and night vision? A good chance he did. Then what? Not only no way to contain him, but the police would have to evacuate the area - FAST - as the sun set. Then anyone, everyone, would be at risk and he with a good chance of escape, more killings along the way. They HAD to force him to 1.) surrender, 2.) shoot him or 3.) give him the choice of either surrender or suicide. The clock was ticking as it was already in the afternoon - and every minute that passed another officer could have been murdered by him.
    Yeah yeah, police are perfect and make no mistakes because they're not human.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #229
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    Definitely not executed.

    Autopsy: Renegade ex-cop Dorner died from single gunshot to head - CNN.com
    They also found... and 10 silencers, Newport said.
    10 silencers?

  10. #230
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Dorner: Executed or Accident?

    You forgot the third option.

    Who cares.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •