View Poll Results: the age of consent

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • the ones under 18 should be considered child

    27 39.71%
  • the ones under 14 should be considered child

    11 16.18%
  • the ones under 21 should be coınsidered child

    7 10.29%
  • the ones over 14 should be allowed to marry too

    4 5.88%
  • the ones under 14 or 15 shouldnt be allowed to have sex if they are child

    7 10.29%
  • they are not child if they have physical maturity

    1 1.47%
  • they need both emotional and physical maturity to have sex

    11 16.18%
  • it depends on individual differences

    14 20.59%
  • l dont care

    2 2.94%
  • others

    14 20.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 249

Thread: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

  1. #201
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    25, when the brain fully develops.

    Teenagers don't have a fully developed sense of reasoning or an ability to accurately weigh consequences for poor decisions.
    Hell you say that for about 30% of the adults of the population.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,039

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    some people want to punish the others because of their own mistakes and in my opinion it is not healthy..........

    not everybody has to experience bad things . we need to be rational.
    Last edited by Medusa; 02-10-13 at 07:08 PM.
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
    Giving young idiots the right to vote at 18 is one of the major reasons we have a moron running the country.....
    Definitely a "dislike" and childish and off topic.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Definitely a "dislike" and childish and off topic.
    The truth is an absolute defense in any courtroom in America.....

  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Hell you say that for about 30% of the adults of the population.
    But, the alternative to a set age (18 , 19.5, 21, 25 ) is a panel of judges to decide emotional maturity based on evidence....expensive, maybe this is path to use ?

  6. #206
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    I have nearly the same thought on this issue as I do abortion. There are too many extenuating circumstances that can happen to have it be dictated under broad terms.

    I saw an argument earlier in here that said a 16 year old is considered a consenting adult whereas a 15 year old is not, but if they have sex...the 16 year old could be labeled a sexual predator for life which is asinine.

    Now, under no circumstances is a post pubescent adult ever to have sex with a pre pubescent kid. So, I think these things should be taken on a case by case manner.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    The age of consent in Oregon is 18. Here's a synopsis.



    I totally agree with this, especially the 3 year close in age exception. To add some clarity as to the absolute limit (from another site):



    How do you feel about this?
    Of course, I already said I supported age-gap type laws.

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by AreteCourage View Post
    I have nearly the same thought on this issue as I do abortion. There are too many extenuating circumstances that can happen to have it be dictated under broad terms.

    I saw an argument earlier in here that said a 16 year old is considered a consenting adult whereas a 15 year old is not, but if they have sex...the 16 year old could be labeled a sexual predator for life which is asinine.

    Now, under no circumstances is a post pubescent adult ever to have sex with a pre pubescent kid. So, I think these things should be taken on a case by case manner.
    Who said this? Please quote that post.

  9. #209
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,039

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Of course, I already said I supported age-gap type laws.
    l was talking about it but you accused me of supporting pedophilia........................
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Because it fails to take into account the real world. In the real world, a LOT of teens are sexually active by the time they are 16.

    Not saying they should be... just saying it should not be the same crime as raping a 10yo.
    There's nothing wrong with teens sexually experimenting with one another. I have no problem with that. My problem is when adults are wanting sexual relationships with teens. Most of the time, they DON'T want to marry them! LOL! They want them for ONE reason and one reason only. YOU know what that reason is I'm quite sure.

    They are NOT the same penalties. I already said that. There are different penalties according to ages of victims and perpetrators. Here, I picked this one from Connecticut because it came up first when I googled. Here are the laws:

    Connecticut Law About Statutory Rape

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •