View Poll Results: the age of consent

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • the ones under 18 should be considered child

    27 39.71%
  • the ones under 14 should be considered child

    11 16.18%
  • the ones under 21 should be coınsidered child

    7 10.29%
  • the ones over 14 should be allowed to marry too

    4 5.88%
  • the ones under 14 or 15 shouldnt be allowed to have sex if they are child

    7 10.29%
  • they are not child if they have physical maturity

    1 1.47%
  • they need both emotional and physical maturity to have sex

    11 16.18%
  • it depends on individual differences

    14 20.59%
  • l dont care

    2 2.94%
  • others

    14 20.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 249

Thread: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

  1. #11
    Professor
    Monserrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    04-29-14 @ 11:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    For one, their psychosocial level is still around the same level as an 11 year old until about the age of 18. The brain is not fully developed until around the age of 25.

    People call them pedophiles because they don't know any better or they simply exaggerate in order to show their disgust.

    Menstruation does not mean that a girl should be legally allowed to have sex with anybody let alone a 20, 25, 30yr old she is still a kid and in our society we try very hard to protect our children from both emotional and physical harm.

    I would leave the age of adulthood at 18 and/or change it to 18 (some states I believe are slightly different)



    Edit: This is a response to the OP, apparently I'm a slow typer.
    I believe half of the things I say and say half of the things I believe.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Well let me ask you this - how many people your age do you know who married at 17/18 that are still together? My guess is probably very few, if any - unless she got knocked up.

    It was common in my grandparents' days because back then, divorce was taboo and frowned upon so you stuck with the person you married, come hell or high water, even if they turned out to be a complete waste of oxygen.

    You CAN get married at 18, just like you CAN get divorced at 20. Then you're on the market as 20 and divorced. Good luck finding someone new, especially if you got a kid out of that brief mistake.
    LOL! It's really not as hard as you think it is to find a man. It's actually QUITE easy. TOO easy sometimes. A LOT of men don't care if you have a child from another marriage or relationship, and if he does then he isn't the man for me.

  3. #13
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Not sure, the age gap between my husband and I is almost ten years, he was 19, I was 27. Some called me a sicko, not sure why, we are still together

  4. #14
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,681

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    To assume that age, and only age, is important is foolish. At age 17 years, 11 months and 29 days you are an immature moron, totally without legal free will and the next day you are a sage adult able to make every one of life's decisions is simply insane. Consider the act of murder instead of sex and see if your arguments hold true. If you are old (wize?) enough to understand the act then you are old (wize?) enough to be considered in control.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    To assume that age, and only age, is important is foolish. At age 17 years, 11 months and 29 days you are an immature moron, totally without legal free will and the next day you are a sage adult able to make every one of life's decisions is simply insane. Consider the act of murder instead of sex and see if your arguments hold true. If you are old (wize?) enough to understand the act then you are old (wize?) enough to be considered in control.
    Well you have to draw a line somewhere.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    LOL! It's really not as hard as you think it is to find a man. It's actually QUITE easy. TOO easy sometimes. A LOT of men don't care if you have a child from another marriage or relationship, and if he does then he isn't the man for me.
    Then you're the exception. I know women with kids from a previous relationship, and when you start throwing around phrases like "package deal", they run away screaming. I should know. I'm one of them.

    Now, at your age it may not be a problem (quit lookin at me like that), but if you're 21, divorced, and have a newborn baby - the chances of you finding a decent guy revolve somewhere along the "hit by lightning" or "win the lotto" probability.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Not sure, the age gap between my husband and I is almost ten years, he was 19, I was 27. Some called me a sicko, not sure why, we are still together
    Could it be because you love him??

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Then you're the exception. I know women with kids from a previous relationship, and when you start throwing around phrases like "package deal", they run away screaming. I should know. I'm one of them.

    Now, at your age it may not be a problem (quit lookin at me like that), but if you're 21, divorced, and have a newborn baby - the chances of you finding a decent guy revolve somewhere along the "hit by lightning" or "win the lotto" probability.
    Why do you keep saying "at your age." You don't even know how old I am. You're confused. Twenty-one-year-old females do not have problems getting men. That is a statistic for women over 40.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Why do you keep saying "at your age." You don't even know how old I am. You're confused. Twenty-one-year-old females do not have problems getting men. That is a statistic for women over 40.
    I thought you were in your 40s...or at least late 30s.

    See, this kind of information is useful for making anecdotal arguments.

    Edit: And I'm sure that 21 year old women can get men. They will, of course, almost always get the wrong kind of man.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: at what age should teenagers be considered adult ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I thought you were in your 40s...or at least late 30s.

    See, this kind of information is useful for making anecdotal arguments.
    Oh really? What would make you "think" that?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •