View Poll Results: Is this a societal norm or a problem?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • A 'norm' in today's society

    10 25.00%
  • A big problem that needs to be rectified

    27 67.50%
  • It depends on what you consider disrespectful

    10 25.00%
  • Other : Explain

    3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

  1. #41
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    I'm a very sexually expressive person...however...I am a believer in there is an appropriate time and place for expression of this sort of thing.
    Oh I agree, I'm just saying that repressing things always leads to more problems than just being open about what you are repressing.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  2. #42
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    I have a leg in both arguments here.
    I don't care if people cuss or talk about their personal lives, but I think it should be looked upon more favorably, that it be done with some discretion.
    Local strip clubs, I'm fine with that, the ridiculous billboards, I think the local community has a right to regulate it.

    Some people in this world don't have that brain block, that goes "don't tell this person about that."
    When I was 18, a female coworker, in her 50's, decided to tell me she douched her vagina.
    What the hell did I need to know that for?
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #43
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I have a leg in both arguments here.
    I don't care if people cuss or talk about their personal lives, but I think it should be looked upon more favorably, that it be done with some discretion.
    Local strip clubs, I'm fine with that, the ridiculous billboards, I think the local community has a right to regulate it.

    Some people in this world don't have that brain block, that goes "don't tell this person about that."
    When I was 18, a female coworker, in her 50's, decided to tell me she douched her vagina.
    What the hell did I need to know that for?


    Why is it that douching comes up in the work environment. I was 22, managing a movie theater, and learned what the hell that was from my 17 year old concessionist on her lunch break.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #44
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post


    Why is it that douching comes up in the work environment. I was 22, managing a movie theater, and learned what the hell that was from my 17 year old concessionist on her lunch break.
    I've had some male coworkers telling me how they screwed their wives and the color of their wive's vagina.
    My response, "Uhh thanks I guess."
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-13 @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    790

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I figured 20 years ago that THAT particular stupid-ass fashion trend would die out soon... and I'm still waiting. For something that is not only so ridiculous looking, but also so impractical and limiting, it has been remarkably persistent and enduring.

    Drive me nuts, personally.
    It comes from prison fashion.

    It starter there........

    Just like rap music is taken from the lowest common denominator....

    Prison and hood music......

  6. #46
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I've had some male coworkers telling me how they screwed their wives and the color of their wive's vagina.
    My response, "Uhh thanks I guess."
    LOL!! That's so wrong!
    But of course - I can't claim innocence here. I freaked some poor guy out when he came upstairs to the maintenance room and found me bored out of my mind - hour 10 of a 12 hour shift - using the echo of the room to make wild sex noises.

    I swear I thought I would have heard the security chime early enough to shut the **** up.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #47
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    LOL!! That's so wrong!
    But of course - I can't claim innocence here. I freaked some poor guy out when he came upstairs to the maintenance room and found me bored out of my mind - hour 10 of a 12 hour shift - using the echo of the room to make wild sex noises.

    I swear I thought I would have heard the security chime early enough to shut the **** up.
    Meh, you thought you were alone.
    It's different than someone coming up and telling you these things.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #48
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Meh, you thought you were alone.
    It's different than someone coming up and telling you these things.
    Hmm - knowing me - I've probably done exactly that. A little sleep dep - who knows what'll come out of my mouth when I start yapping. I know I've talked about my husband's cock - a lot.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #49
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Okay, okay....

    Let's focus on cursing someone out. Think about the girl who told that judge to **** himself (or whatever the exactly phrase is).

    I say curse words, and so do a lot of people...however, if someone makes me angry, my first reaction isn't to call them a 'stupid mother****er '. .. but apparently by today's standards, that's not a big deal? Really?

    I'm sorry, but that's what I'm talking about when I say disrespectful...and Yes...I'm fully aware someone can be disrespectful without cursing...I'm not talking about absolutes here.

    Generally speaking...is it the norm to just treat many in a disrespectful manner or is it a growing issue??
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  10. #50
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Disrespect; a society norm or is it a huge problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Okay, okay....

    Let's focus on cursing someone out. Think about the girl who told that judge to **** himself (or whatever the exactly phrase is).

    I say curse words, and so do a lot of people...however, if someone makes me angry, my first reaction isn't to call them a 'stupid mother****er '. .. but apparently by today's standards, that's jot a No g deal? Really?

    I'm sorry, but that's what I'm talking about when I say disrespectful...and Yes...I'm fully aware someone can be disrespectful without cursing...I'm not talking about absolutes here.

    Generally speaking...is it the norm to just treat many in a disrespectful manner or is it a growing issue??
    Ah - yes . . . it's a growing norm. PUBLIC displays of idiocy (however it's delivered) - used to make someone feel shamed and negated.

    Now - well - I think it's actually the sense of 'self' . . . just not caring what others think. Set apart from society - personal activities aren't toxic to employment / education.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •