View Poll Results: must polygamy be legalized ?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes ,because it is a matter of freedom and it must be legalized

    30 38.96%
  • it must be legalized for only men

    1 1.30%
  • it must be legalized for both men and women

    16 20.78%
  • no ,it is a kind of perversion and it has nothing to do with freedom

    10 12.99%
  • it is just a marginality which may harm society

    4 5.19%
  • it was a tradition in many ancient cultures and defending it doesnt seem so liberalal

    9 11.69%
  • being against it is a bigotry and l defend polygamy as an enlightened person

    5 6.49%
  • it is better than monogamy

    1 1.30%
  • l dont care

    20 25.97%
  • others

    14 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 447

Thread: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    On Politico, we invented reality, not let it be dictated to us............................
    I don't know much about politico, but over here where the periods at the end of sentences don't go on for almost the entire length of our posts and where we don't surround four words with a dozen periods on either side, we find it advisable to work in the real world.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-10-13 at 01:15 AM.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't know much about politico, but here over the where the periods at the end of sentences don't go on for almost the entire length of the our posts and where we don't surround four words with a dozen periods on either side, we find it advisable to work in the real world.
    These types of posters usually don't last too long around here.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't know much about politico, but over here where the periods at the end of sentences don't go on for almost the entire length of our posts and where we don't surround four words with a dozen periods on either side, we find it advisable to work in the real world.
    The modern world is about "expressing yourself"....................I suggest you and BChrissieB get with the program.........................

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    The modern world is about "expressing yourself"....................I suggest you and BChrissieB get with the program.........................
    I suggest you stop using the excuse of "expressing yourself" when you do stupid things. Not every dumb little thing you can do is going to be excused by "expressing yourself" in this life and its about damn time you learn it. No, you are not "expressing yourself". You are being stupid.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I suggest you stop using the excuse of "expressing yourself" when you do stupid things. Not every dumb little thing you can do is going to be excused by "expressing yourself" in this life and its about damn time you learn it. No, you are not expressing yourself" You are being stupid.

    You're welcome to pass your judgements.......................

  6. #306
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Barely. But you still can't keep up with the math. If only 3% of men each have 4 wives, that's a little under 12% of women taken, meaning that (again, roughly) you've just turned 9% of your male populace into those "unsuccessful, angry, embittered men with no attachment to the future". That is dangerous, not least for women.
    Wow this really took off after my last post. I really want to respond to many other posts and will have to do so tomorrow night (Oh how many more pages will there be?!?). But I can't really let this one go by without making this point.

    Those numbers get all skewed with you start taking into account all the sexual orientations. So how much of that 9% of the male population is gay or bi or even asexual (i.e. not interested in having sex/marriage)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l have seen lots of marriages ended in divorce because some islamist monsters wanted to live with other women because they thought it was their religious right given by god
    imagine it will be a legalized action
    Ok and this one too....

    You keep putting out about a man wanting to live with a 2nd woman (or more) and talking about how the first woman would have to leave. What you are not getting is that there are women out there that WANT a marriage with a man and another women, whether or not she and the other woman will be sexually active with each other. There are also women out there that WANT a marriage with 2 or more men. This is simply statement of fact. I don't think anyone here is advocating that an individual add a third or higher person to their marriage without the consent of the first spouse. Everything you write seems to imply that is what you believe will happen. We are not talking about forced situations here, but ones where ALL involved agree to it. If I want to marry a second woman and my wife also wants that same woman in out marriage, and the other woman wants to be married to the two of us, how am I the monster here? I'm not Islamist, BTW, if that really has any bearing on the matter.

  7. #307
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Wow this really took off after my last post. I really want to respond to many other posts and will have to do so tomorrow night (Oh how many more pages will there be?!?). But I can't really let this one go by without making this point.

    Those numbers get all skewed with you start taking into account all the sexual orientations. So how much of that 9% of the male population is gay or bi or even asexual (i.e. not interested in having sex/marriage)?



    Ok and this one too....

    You keep putting out about a man wanting to live with a 2nd woman (or more) and talking about how the first woman would have to leave. What you are not getting is that there are women out there that WANT a marriage with a man and another women, whether or not she and the other woman will be sexually active with each other. There are also women out there that WANT a marriage with 2 or more men. This is simply statement of fact. I don't think anyone here is advocating that an individual add a third or higher person to their marriage without the consent of the first spouse. Everything you write seems to imply that is what you believe will happen. We are not talking about forced situations here, but ones where ALL involved agree to it. If I want to marry a second woman and my wife also wants that same woman in out marriage, and the other woman wants to be married to the two of us, how am I the monster here? I'm not Islamist, BTW, if that really has any bearing on the matter.

    l am not the only who believes it ,hehe.. .am l ? can you legally marry more than one woman in usa ?


    l hate islamist bigot tendencies and your statement reminds me of their stupid defense against every argument and criticism .
    "Sovereignty is not given, it is taken." ATATÜRK

  8. #308
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    l am not the only who believes it ,hehe.. .am l ? can you legally marry more than one woman in usa ?


    l hate islamist bigot tendencies and your statement reminds me of their stupid defense against every argument and criticism .
    The legal argument is a red herring at best and utter BS at worse. At one time I could have used your argument as "Can you (a white man) legally marry a black woman in the USA?" At that time the answer would have been no and thus, in relation to your application, I have made my point of why whites should not be legally allowed to marry blacks. Just because something is currently illegal, does not mean it should be so, nor that it will remain so, or even that it always was.

    The biggest difference against what you are railing against and what us polys and our supporters are defending against, is that the islamist would say to his first wife, "It's my right, I'm going to do it, and I don't care what you think or feel and you have to live with it." I'll throw those Mormon fundie idiots in with that mix as well. The rest of us polys, would say to our first spouse, be they male or female, "Dear, here is someone I would like to marry and bring into our family. Do you approve?" The spouse then have several choices; allow the new spouse to come into the marriage, refuse the inclusion, or should the person not heed the rejection, leave the marriage. Can the women under the islamist bigots you decry leave their marriage if they don't like the new spouse?

    Now in reality, the above with the poly is oversimplified. For those who practice responsible poly, the spouse is in on the process from the first date. It's not like someone comes home and says, "Honey, I have a surprise! I got married while I was away on my business trip".

  9. #309
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    you read the posts in the thread

    in my opinion no one who cares about love ,loyality or woman rights must approve this..
    Okay. I'm a woman. I know for a fact that it is possible to truly love more than one person at a time. Love is most certainly not a finite resource. If I believed in marriage, I would certainly appreciate the right to marry the two men I'm in love with. Why do you want to deny me this right? I'm not asking you to be like me. I'm not asking you to open your heart to more than one man if you don't want to. Why do you want to deny people like me the right to legally tie themselves to more than one person? Just because you don't understand me and the way I love others?
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  10. #310
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Only because of child marriage. Like I said, of course they would be required to follow our age of consent laws like any other marriage.
    And allow women the same rights to have multiple spouses if they want to.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •