View Poll Results: must polygamy be legalized ?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes ,because it is a matter of freedom and it must be legalized

    30 38.96%
  • it must be legalized for only men

    1 1.30%
  • it must be legalized for both men and women

    16 20.78%
  • no ,it is a kind of perversion and it has nothing to do with freedom

    10 12.99%
  • it is just a marginality which may harm society

    4 5.19%
  • it was a tradition in many ancient cultures and defending it doesnt seem so liberalal

    9 11.69%
  • being against it is a bigotry and l defend polygamy as an enlightened person

    5 6.49%
  • it is better than monogamy

    1 1.30%
  • l dont care

    20 25.97%
  • others

    14 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 447

Thread: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

  1. #271
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Again though, that depends on the people involved. For YOU it is nothing more than a legal contract. That is what you should say. Other people have different views, and they are entitled to them. They just can't push them onto everyone else.
    if we're talking about changing the law, then it is only in regard to the legal contract.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    if we're talking about changing the law, then it is only in regard to the legal contract.
    According to the law, okay. But I'm sure most people look at their marriage as more than a just a legal contract.

  3. #273
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    According to the law, okay. But I'm sure most people look at their marriage as more than a just a legal contract.
    whatever spiritual or metaphysical meaning people apply to it has nothing to do with law.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    whatever spiritual or metaphysical meaning people apply to it has nothing to do with law.
    Yes, but you said "marriage is a legal contract, nothing more."

  5. #275
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yes, but you said "marriage is a legal contract, nothing more."
    it can be changed only by changing the law, I don't know what else I could say that would be more true.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    it can be changed only by changing the law, I don't know what else I could say that would be more true.
    I'm not arguing that point. I'm just saying that it means more than that to a lot of people. Just sayin', you know?

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    I voted yes, for men only. It would be pretty cool to have a harem of wives, but on the other hand, I don't like the thought of a woman with a harem of men... that would make her slutty!!

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I voted yes, for men only. It would be pretty cool to have a harem of wives, but on the other hand, I don't like the thought of a woman with a harem of men... that would make her slutty!!
    Facepalm. Just stop.
    Last edited by Henrin; 02-10-13 at 12:13 AM.

  9. #279
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: polygamy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I'm not arguing that point. I'm just saying that it means more than that to a lot of people. Just sayin', you know?
    for each individual you are right.

  10. #280
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    re: polygamy ? [W: 267,434]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I voted yes, for men only. It would be pretty cool to have a harem of wives, but on the other hand, I don't like the thought of a woman with a harem of men... that would make her slutty!!
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...wha ha ha ha ha.

Page 28 of 45 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •