View Poll Results: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    39 37.50%
  • No

    65 62.50%
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 257

Thread: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

  1. #101
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I most likely would. He tends toward the libertarian side, and would have a far better chance of winning than any libertarian on the ticket ever would.
    I have ran into quite a lot of Libertarians in my time. If I had to make an off the cuff estimate of the percentage they make up in the total electorate, I would range them around 6-8%. Yet their candidate usually draws only around 2% of the total vote. Why is it most Libertarians do not vote for their own candidate? I am not a Libertarian, the only political party I ever belonged to was Ross Perot's Reform party and still claim it as my party. But I voted for Johnson and Brown in 2000 and 2004. Why don't those members of the Libertarian Party always seem to vote for someone else?
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, but his point was it was closer than it should have been.
    You know what the say about close, it only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    No. Saying he wouldn't vote for the civil rights bills of 1965 were they offered today, is enough for me. Though there are certainly more reasons.
    1964 and like everyone else you are wrong due to not understanding property.

  4. #104
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So even if I show its unjustifed by the working of property, in which I did, than my comment is irrelevant. Good to know you can avoid facts so easily.
    Here's what we know.

    You have a subjective view that it is unjustified. This could be countered with others who say it is entirely justified. Neither of which matters.

    Power is what matters. Those are the facts. Anything else is just more libertarian whining.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  5. #105
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Would have to see how the campaign goes and what he says...but most likely, yes I'd happily vote for him.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You know what the say about close, it only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
    Yeah, except like always popular sayings are stupid. If the trend is the elections are getting closer there is probably something to it.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Here's what we know.

    You have a subjective view that it is unjustified. This could be countered with others who say it is entirely justified. Neither of which matters.
    Except you didn't prove that in any way shape or form. Restricting use of private property at the say of the owner is not only justified by the basic foundation of how it works, but is also proven by history to one of the reasons we wanted it to protected in the first place in society. Those are both facts and they both without a shadow of a doubt justify discrimination when dealing with ones property. Without it private property simply doesn't exist. Restricting the use of discrimination with ones property is moving towards those ends. All of this is fact.

    Power is what matters. Those are the facts. Anything else is just more libertarian whining.
    Yes, power matters and what matters more is how it is used. Don't worry your nationalist heart about that little fact though.

  8. #108
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Except you didn't prove that in any way shape or form. Restricting use of private property at the say of the owner is not only justified by the basic foundation of how it works, but is also proven by history to one of the reasons we wanted it to protected in the first place in society.



    Yes, power matters and what matters more is how it is used. Don't worry your nationalist heart about that little fact though.
    I did prove it, so did others. If you own a business and you do in fact discriminate on the basis of race, you have trouble. It is enforced by the government, and you will be punished. Your rights are dictated to you by the federal and state governments, nothing else. This means that their declarations on what rights you do and do not have are what matters. Any declaration to the contrary is until that point merely dissent.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #109
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Rove is planning another huge buy against Judd. We Dems are excited about that.
    If we play our cards right with guns and limit the bill to background checks, Landrieu and Pryor will be safe.
    Rove going after King in Iowa is splitting the GOP there also.
    Harry needs to give them two bills, so Dem gunners can vote no and then yes.
    I think that Dem. rep. from Georgia has a chance for Saxby's seat.
    And who knows with Cornyn?? It's past time for him to go.
    I think you may be right about Georgia, that is if there is a down right brawl for the nomination as I have heard 6 or 7 Representatives are going for Chambliss's seat. Jim Martin came close 6 years ago. It would take a conservative Democrat from the southern portion of Georgia to pull it off. John Barrow comes to mind as one who would have a decent chance. Jim Marshall is another, a Vietnam Vet who was defeated in 2010. Still he is a popular fellow.

    I also think your right about Pryor, Landrieu I am not so sure. She has the Obamacare gate still hanging around her neck. Obamacare is still mighty unpopular down here. Iowa should stay Democratic.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I did prove it, so did others. If you own a business and you do in fact discriminate on the basis of race, you have trouble. It is enforced by the government, and you will be punished. Your rights are dictated to you by the federal and state governments, nothing else. This means that their declarations on what rights you do and do not have are what matters. Any declaration to the contrary is until that point merely dissent.
    Yes, I realize you are a nationalist and so all your basis of realities have to go back to that, but it proves nothing except you can't think beyond a box they created for you. Don't bother to think you won either when you didn't face any of my arguments. That is considered a failure for good reason.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •