View Poll Results: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    39 37.50%
  • No

    65 62.50%
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 257

Thread: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

  1. #91
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There is a good chance he is running in 2016. Would you vote for him?
    I most likely would. He tends toward the libertarian side, and would have a far better chance of winning than any libertarian on the ticket ever would.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #92
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Yes, we call that a weak argument. You might want to learn some things about property rights before you just go on and on about the status quo being right. Just sayin'

    Here I have some homework for you:

    Tell why people wanted property protected in the first place. Hell even tell me how it worked in nature if you want and then be sure to tell why that is not the condition we wanted to follow in society. Hell why don't you tell me about how Indians actually owned certain things and how those items were not shared with the general population unless they wished it.

    Or you could just admit its a violation of the very foundation of property.
    The more basic lesson is to notice which side holds the most force. The government has declared you do not have a right to do so, and enforces it regularly. Any pitiful response you deliver back to the argument is met with indifference. Without might, you are wrong, or perhaps merely the victim of having no weight.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  3. #93
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,964

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There is a good chance he is running in 2016. Would you vote for him?
    No. Saying he wouldn't vote for the civil rights bills of 1965 were they offered today, is enough for me. Though there are certainly more reasons.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada - all converted. Arizona's next.
    they were already blue but let all the libs move out of California and we can take their ninety some electoral votes.

    Arizona has a Republican Governor 2 Republican Senators and voted for Romney???? It is one of the most red states in the country.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    The more basic lesson is to notice which side holds the most force. The government has declared you do not have a right to do so, and enforces it regularly. Any pitiful response you deliver back to the argument is met with indifference. Without might, you are wrong, or perhaps merely the victim of unfortunate circumstance.
    So no argument from you either then? Good to know. Next time don't bother responding to me if all you have is "you can't do anything about it" nonsense. It's nothing but a waste of your time and a waste of mine.

    And btw, I'm not wrong, but good on you for trying that as if it will stick.

  6. #96
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So no argument from you either then? Good to know. Next time don't bother responding to me if all you have is "you can't do anything about it" nonsense.
    All I have done is shown that you do not have a right to discriminate. Government declaration met with government force and societal toleration means whatever incredibly silly comment you have is utterly meaningless.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #97
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,962
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    He is unelectable so he should not be nominated.
    It may seem that way now, but one nevers knows what the politico landscape will be in 2016. I really don't know that much about Rand outside he is the son of Ron. I would assume his politics are about the same, but you know what they say about assumptions.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #98
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,842

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Rove is planning another huge buy against Judd. We Dems are excited about that.
    If we play our cards right with guns and limit the bill to background checks, Landrieu and Pryor will be safe.
    Rove going after King in Iowa is splitting the GOP there also.
    Harry needs to give them two bills, so Dem gunners can vote no and then yes.
    I think that Dem. rep. from Georgia has a chance for Saxby's seat.
    And who knows with Cornyn?? It's past time for him to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I think you are right. I know Judd was thinking about running, I haven't heard that she will or not. Can you add anything more?

  9. #99
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    No. Saying he wouldn't vote for the civil rights bills of 1965 were they offered today, is enough for me. Though there are certainly more reasons.


    Come on the guy was probably 10 years old then.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Would you vote for Rand Paul for president?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    All I have done is shown that you do not have a right to discriminate. Government declaration met with government force and societal toleration means whatever incredibly silly comment you have is utterly meaningless.
    So even if I show its unjustifed by the working of property, in which I did, than my comment is irrelevant. Good to know you can avoid facts so easily by leaning on government might and ignorance.

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •