View Poll Results: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the death penalty, would you continue t

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would continue to partake.

    12 52.17%
  • No, I would not continue to partake.

    11 47.83%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82

Thread: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

  1. #41
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    There's some country, I think it is Indonesia?, where they execute you for possessing the tiniest amount of any drug... and still they have druggies and drug dealers.

    Addicted is addicted, and there's too much money in dealing it.
    The fallacy with your argument is that marijuana is not addictive.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #42
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    The chief question for pot smokers would no doubt be: "How will the death penalty be administered? Because if you plan to make me smoke pot until I die, I'm all in."

  3. #43
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    Yes. Since such punishment would be possible only in some insane totalitarian dictatorship, I would continue smoking it - after securing the position of dictator for myself.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    no vote
    I would never use this poison or any poison, IMO.
    Others may, that is their business
    IF, I were a user, no, I'd be too busy protesting this insanity..
    YES, I think there are extremists who would make drug use a capital crime..
    I was much that way at one time...

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The fallacy with your argument is that marijuana is not addictive.
    That is debatable...many hold that marijuana use can lead to stronger additive drugs....the line must be drawn, should it not be..
    BTW, drugs should be legal, taxed and controlled....then, very likely, NO gun rights for "strong" drug users..

  6. #46
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    Even if the penalty were death, I'd still use it, because it enriches my life. I would simply be more careful, and even more disgusted with the state. Besides, chances are if they're executing pot smokers, they're executing people for a LOT of other reasons as well, in which case it wouldn't matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    There's some country, I think it is Indonesia?, where they execute you for possessing the tiniest amount of any drug... and still they have druggies and drug dealers.

    Addicted is addicted, and there's too much money in dealing it.
    For most pot users it has nothing to do with addiction, because for most it's really not addictive, just pleasant. I for one use it not just for recreation, but to help against my genetic depression. Horrible depression and substance abuse run in my family, my great uncle drank himself to death. I prefer to use a drug that I can still function on, has no negative long term health effects, and is impossible to OD on.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #47
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    If you lived under the kind of government that passes such laws, you'd have bigger problems than getting a buzz.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Cyrylek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Boston
    Last Seen
    02-05-17 @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,467

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Watch locked up abroad, pretty cool stuff.
    They can hang you in Kuwait for possession.

    Checking this now, the death penalty for drugs is in a lot of ME countries.

    Capital punishment for drug trafficking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This is somewhat misleading, because no distinction is made between maxmal punishment that is on the books, but rarely or never used, and actual frequent executions.
    For example, our ghastly Federal Death Penalty Act of 1994 was never actually implemented in practice, as far as I know.

    But, in any case, being listed in the sweet company of cubas and north koreas should give some people pause.

  9. #49
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    If such a tyrannical government were in place I'd see no need to bend a knee. Lock and load. Light'em up.

  10. #50
    Student
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    05-31-14 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    263

    Re: If possession and/or use of marijuana carried the ...

    Haven't had the Pleasure- In many years, it was never My addiction of choice, So No- i wouldn't as I don't care for the Drug, however,
    Food is also an addiction, but no one is trying to penalize folks for that, ........... So... IMO.. It would just Be '''''' MORE............. Govt. Control Over"
    the people.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •