View Poll Results: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is it because males can't handle social rejection as well as females?

    2 6.06%
  • Are men just more violent than women?

    18 54.55%
  • Other, please explain.

    14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 205

Thread: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    ....................
    What is that? A stammer?

  2. #42
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I prefer angry sex to multiple killings as a form of stress relief.
    That's definitely a healthier form of stress relief.

  3. #43
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Women are better at it and rarely get caught.
    how women describe what happened...

    if by gun....he was cleaning his gun and it went off 3 times
    if by poison....hey, I don't cook anymore, so he probably got it at KFC
    if by stabbing....he was carrying a box of knives and fell down the stairs
    if by blunt instrument....he was carrying a box of blunt instruments and fell down the stairs
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #44
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    It could just be who crazy women choose to murder compared to men. I may be wrong but it seems like women tend to murder individuals they know when they snap and men murder random folks?
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    04-12-13 @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    679

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    less than half of all serial killers are ever caught. police always look for men and always catch men. therefore there is not enough information to determine that there are fewer female serial killers than male serial killers.

  6. #46
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luna Tick View Post
    It's because men are always taught to repress their emotions and instead be tough guys. It builds up until they get violent sometimes.
    I think you just hit on a major point that is chronically over-looked.

    A lot of doctors treat male depression patients very differently, and far more anxiously, than female patients. Part of the reason is because by the time most men will admit to being depressed, they're one bad day from blowing their brains out. Women get help a lot sooner.

    We teach men to suppress, and suppress, and suppress.

    We even due this to infants. In our society, a male infant is left to cry for several minutes longer than a female infant.

    We also train men to be violent in infancy. We want them to be violent.

    I was attending a get together with my partner's family, and his sister's husband was with their baby. I think he was a bit over 1. He wanted to pass things out to people.

    His father stopped him and said, "He's a boy. He should want to smash things." He put a toy in his hand, and guided him to start hitting things on the table.

    We don't even wait until they can talk. We start repressing them and instilling them with violence from the moment of birth.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I think you just hit on a major point that is chronically over-looked.

    A lot of doctors treat male depression patients very differently, and far more anxiously, than female patients. Part of the reason is because by the time most men will admit to being depressed, they're one bad day from blowing their brains out. Women get help a lot sooner.

    We teach men to suppress, and suppress, and suppress.

    We even due this to infants. In our society, a male infant is left to cry for several minutes longer than a female infant.

    We also train men to be violent in infancy. We want them to be violent.

    I was attending a get together with my partner's family, and his sister's husband was with their baby. I think he was a bit over 1. He wanted to pass things out to people.

    His father stopped him and said, "He's a boy. He should want to smash things." He put a toy in his hand, and guided him to start hitting things on the table.

    We don't even wait until they can talk. We start repressing them and instilling them with violence from the moment of birth.
    Men don't suppress emotions like that.
    Society has been pretty well feminized already and the men I know express themselves well enough.

    It's just not the same way women do.
    We have innate differences in how we do things.
    A lot of men's emotional expressions become physical.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #48
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Men don't suppress emotions like that.
    Society has been pretty well feminized already and the men I know express themselves well enough.

    It's just not the same way women do.
    We have innate differences in how we do things.
    A lot of men's emotional expressions become physical.
    In my experience, this varies a lot depending on where you are. In Minneapolis? Yeah, I'd say younger guys tend to be better adjusted -- but not all (see my example -- he's gonna grow up some day).

    But Tucson? DC? Tennessee? No, I don't think so.

    I know a lot men tend to express a little differently. But I think a lot of these incidences are avoidable, and have a lot to do with social training.

    To be honest, I'm not even sure how innate those expression differences are. I've met men who out-communicate me and they were raised in more open environments.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    In my experience, this varies a lot depending on where you are. In Minneapolis? Yeah, I'd say younger guys tend to be better adjusted -- but not all (see my example -- he's gonna grow up some day).

    But Tucson? DC? Tennessee? No, I don't think so.

    I know men tend to express a little differently. But I think a lot of these incidences are avoidable, and have a lot to do with social training.
    Depends on what situation you're in.
    Around females, especially at places like work, your better believe a guy would repress (I'd say control) his emotions.

    Otherwise it could land you in HR and possibly cost you your job.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  10. #50
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Depends on what situation you're in.
    Around females, especially at places like work, your better believe a guy would repress (I'd say control) his emotions.

    Otherwise it could land you in HR and possibly cost you your job.
    Believe me, women do too in this kind of employer's market. The fact stands that men are less likely to seek help for emotional problems, and I see wide variation on how men communicate, depending on whether they were raised to "be manly and silent" or whether they were allowed to express themselves.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •