View Poll Results: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Is it because males can't handle social rejection as well as females?

    2 6.06%
  • Are men just more violent than women?

    18 54.55%
  • Other, please explain.

    14 42.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 205

Thread: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,868
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Because they're too busy in the kitchen to kill people.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #12
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,130

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Because they're too busy in the kitchen to kill people.
    Careful. That's where I keep the knives in my house.
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  3. #13
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,067

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Is it because males do not handle social rejection as well as females?

    Are males just more violent than females?

    Or other, an please explain;

    Thanks!
    Perhaps like with spies, perhaps it is just that there are fewer Female Mass Murderers that we know about.
    Last edited by cpwill; 02-05-13 at 07:38 AM.

  4. #14
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Okpulot Taha View Post
    Maternal instinct. We women are life givers. Men are life takers. This is consistent with our instinctive roles; women are gatherers, men are hunters. This is true of almost all lifeforms which differentiate by female and male; gatherers and hunters.

    Okpulot Taha - Choctaw Nation
    I agree with this and would add that there is a societal component regarding the expression of feeling and emotion that comes in as well. Whereas women are (typically) more available to feelings of love and empathy, men are taught from the very earliest ages to shut up, stop crying, grow up, and be a man. Expressions of love and vulnerability are seen as weakness. Cry and you aren't just ridiculed, your very manhood is threatened by family by peers. So we learn that lesson but it comes with a hard price. Then throw elements of mental illness, rejection, social isolation, etc all into the mix and it becomes a potent cocktail.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Women tend to be far more civilized.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Testosterone

  7. #17
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Women tend to be far more civilized.
    I disagree.
    Not to say that women are more "evil" than men, not at all.

    I'm saying they're roughly the same in "evil" intent, they just do it in different ways.
    Man "evil" is more likely to make the nightly news though.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #18
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    We like to take things nice and slow... mass murders, they're over too quick........
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  9. #19
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    It's because men are always taught to repress their emotions and instead be tough guys. It builds up until they get violent sometimes.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Why are there so few female mass murderers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Most mass murderers in the US are also white, is that due also to "nature/genetics/evolutionary biology"?
    It's simply because the majority of the people in the US are white.

    10News - Mass, multiple murders rates constant despite overall decline in homicides12172012 - News Story



    Mass murderers are considerably more likely to be white males than are killers in general. Sixty percent of mass murders are committed by whites, compared to 49 percent of all killings. Blacks account for 36 percent of mass killings, but 49 percent of all homicides. People of other races account for 4 percent of mass killings and 2 percent of all homicides.
    Whites make up 78.1% of the population in the US but account for a mere 60% of mass murders.

    And blacks only account for 13.1% of the US population but a whopping 36% of mass murders.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •