View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 92 of 211 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 911 to 920 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #911
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Wrong as usual. I posted some links about this a couple of pages back. I'd repost them for you but I'm pretty sure you'll ignore them either way.


    Correct.
    Trying to educate some people on the extreme right, or the extreme left is a total waste of time. You can't teach a brainwashed True Believer anything that does not agree with its programming.


    "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
    " ~ Robert Heinlein

  2. #912
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I was not the perfect student my left wing friend I give you that.
    So why do you have this bizarre notion that you are qualified to lecture others on the Catholic Church's teachings about what is or is not a sin?

    I would say that the very minimum requirement to do that is to actually know the ten commandments which are taught by the Catholic Church. And that's the bare minimum requirement. I'm not even talking about something as in depth as a passing knowledge of Catechisms here, which would be the next logical step one would take before lecturing others on the faith.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #913
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    and they are commiting a mortal sin to..I read somewhere (Idon't have the link) that gays have up to 100 partners in their lifetime........That is considerable.
    Christ on a stick. Some gay people have lots of partners. Some straight people have lots of partners. Some gay people are basically monogamous (I personally know many). Some straight people are monogamous (I know many of them as well). It's not like gay people have a quota they're required to hit.

  4. #914
    Educator Adagio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I don't know what you mean by evidence to the contrary, are you speaking of the evidence it all of totality magically poofed into existence for no real reason. that believe has less evidence. far less superior evidence.

    and when you say all conservatives are deluded do you know this because you're clairvoyant are you know every conservative in the world. I knew the dictator would win again. most conservatives didn't think the American people would be stupid enough to elect that moron again.

    but just like the Conservatives I spoke to in here you just lump everybody in to group that has the slightest different opinion you.

    I've never seen any evidence for Less superior residence

    Makes a lot more sense to me than a magical being that just "poofed" into existence. How long do you think it took after that being "poofed" into existence that it decided to create everything? How much time elapsed, and how would you even measure that time? What would you compare it to, since nothing existed prior to the "poof"?

    and when you say all conservatives are deluded do you know this because you're clairvoyant are you know every conservative in the world.
    Yes I say they are deluded. If you call yourself a conservative, then you are saying that you subscribe to an ideology that can't even demonstrate itself as true. Knowing that, the conservative still clings to an irrational justification of that ideology. That's delusional. It's also irrational. Conservatism justifies itself through appeals to tradition, and the appeal to tradition is a logical fallacy. When you cling to a logical fallacy, knowing that it's a logical fallacy...you're being irrational and delusional.

    most conservatives didn't think the American people would be stupid enough to elect that moron again.
    That's because they're delusional. Why on earth would they think that anybody would vote for somebody that hates you? Racism is embedded into the conservative ideology. The most fundimental aspect of conservatism is that it strives to preserve existing institutions. They claim to be strict constructionists and constitutionalisists. Fine. The US Constitution was designed for a White supremacist society. It's a racist document. This is evident in Article 1 sec 2, Article 1. sec 9, and Article 4 sec. 2. Look it up. Conservatives always defend the original intent of the constitution do they not?

    White Supremacy and racism is foundational to America. It’s codified in our constitution.
    Article I Sec. 2.(basing a state’s representation in the House on its Free population and 3/5 of all other persons)

    Representatives and direct taxes shall be apportioned among the several states which may be included within this union, according to their respective numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole number of free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons.

    Article I Sec. 9. (Barring congress from abolishing the slave trade before 1808)

    The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person.

    Article IV Sec. 2. (providing for the return of runaway slaves)

    A person charged in any state with treason, felony, or other crime, who shall flee from justice, and be found in another state, shall on demand of the executive authority of the state from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the state having jurisdiction of the crime.

    No person held to service or labor in one state, under the laws thereof, escaping into another, shall, in consequence of any law or regulation therein, be discharged from such service or labor, but shall be delivered up on claim of the party to whom such service or labor may be due.


    By design, the United States was created as a White, male dominated society. Without a doubt, not all of our founders were of this mind, however, there were enough to block any attempt to force it to live up to its stated claim that “All men are created equal”. Clearly, some were more equal than others. If all the states were going to take part in this new venture, then concessions would have to be made to bring others into the fold. Many of our founders were in fact, slave owners. Washington and Jefferson were two of the more notable in this regard. It would take almost another 100 years and a civil war to change that. Lincoln managed to do it, and he was hated in the south for his position. When he was elected, the southern states seceded from the union even before he took office. The view in the South was that the Federal government had no right to tell them how to run their economy and slavery was essential to it.

    The articles of secession coming from Mississippi are very clear.

    A Declaration of the Immediate Causes which Induce and Justify the Secession of the State of
    Mississippi from the Federal Union.


    “In the momentous step which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course. “

    “Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery– the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.”


    Situationally, conservatism is defined as the ideology arising out of a distinct but recurring type of historical situation in which a fundamental challenge is directed at established institutions and in which the supporters of those institutions employ the conservative ideology in their defense. Thus, conservatism is that system of ideas employed to justify any established social order, no matter where or when it exists, against any fundamental challenge to its nature or being, no matter from what quarter. Conservatism in this sense is possible in the United States today only if there is a basic challenge to existing American institutions which impels their defenders to articulate conservative values. The Civil Rights movement was a direct challenge to the existing institutions of the time, and conservatism as an ideology is thus a reaction to a system under challenge, a defense of the status – quo in a period of intense ideological and social conflict.

    The very notion of a race of people that was; at our beginnings as a country, only considered to be 3/5’s of a human being, now having equal footing with those that actually believed in this idea, is a direct challenge to a long held social concept. It denied the idea of white supremacy as legitimate. It’s surprising how many people still cling to this idea, and will go to extreme lengths to perpetuate it.

    The idea that a person that could have been your slave at one time, could today be your boss, or even President of the United States, is more than some people can deal with on an emotional level. White supremacy as an institution is renounced, discredited, and dismantled, and that is a major blow to an existing order, and conservatism is always a reaction to a challenge to an existing order. These are people that desperately need somebody to look down to in order to validate their own self-worth. “Sure, life is tough. But at least I’m White.” They can no longer rely on a policy that used to be institutionally enforceable. When that is removed by law, hostility is the result; hostility for those that have been emancipated by law and elevated to equal status, and hostility for the law itself including those that proposed it and passed it.

    Your reference to the "dictator" or the "moron" are pretty typcial reactions from a person that lost an election. The fact is that he's neither a dictator or a moron, but conservatives never let facts get in the way of their opinion, do they?
    Extremism: A threat at home, a threat abroad.

  5. #915
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Correct.
    Trying to educate some people on the extreme right, or the extreme left is a total waste of time. You can't teach a brainwashed True Believer anything that does not agree with its programming.


    "Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.
    " ~ Robert Heinlein
    I give you one thing you are right about my religion...............I would be lost in the wilderness without it and I am sorry you don't have anything like that to believe in.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #916
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And really really dumb, and corrupt.

    Also intolerant, misogynist, and homophobic.


    "Man has created God in his own image: intolerant, sexist, homophobic, and violent.
    " ~ Marie

  7. #917
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    and they are commiting a mortal sin to..I read somewhere (Idon't have the link) that gays have up to 100 partners in their lifetime........That is considerable.
    Well **** me I've got 98 to go, I'm way behind the curve!
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  8. #918
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Well **** me I've got 98 to go, I'm way behind the curve!
    I could do you 98 times while doing different impressions. That should count.

    And with my tiny wiener it shouldn't be too strange for you.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #919
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,627

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    and they are commiting a mortal sin to..I read somewhere (Idon't have the link) that gays have up to 100 partners in their lifetime........That is considerable.
    Wouldn't up to, suggest that that is the extreme case? We know plenty of hoebags that are straight, don't we?
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #920
    Educator Adagio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    08-10-13 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its not easy.......I went to Catholic schools for 12 years as I said earlier so I am a devout Catholic and I try to and keep the Commndments.

    I am sorry I posted the Prot 10 commandments..........I always thought they were the same.......my bad.
    Don't sweat it. We all tend to lump the 10 Commandments into a pile. I'm an atheist but I still follow things like thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness. Not because some book tells me that. It just strikes me as rational. I don't want somebody to kill me, or steal from me, or lie about me, so I don't do it to others. The Golden Rule kind of works best for me. Seems pretty universally accepted. I think we all take things that we can use, and disregard those that are a bit nuts. Does anybody follow Leviticus Law? If we did, we'd be killing our kids and the fishing industry would be ruined. No more Lobster??? Really??
    Last edited by Adagio; 02-08-13 at 05:48 PM.
    Extremism: A threat at home, a threat abroad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •