View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 86 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #851
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    When you say "Someone like you", I am not getting your message.
    You need to be a little more specific. Get just a little courage and say what you really mean, dude. I can handle it.
    Put it out there so that everyone can know what kind of a lowlife loser you are.

    BTW: keep spreading that hate and fear, it worked out great for the GOP last November, eh?

    This is not Democrats vs. Republicans. It's thinking, feeling humans against the soulless lizard people on the far right, whose xenophobic. racist, bigoted, misogynist, homophobia is destroying the GOP. And that's really sad.


    "What goes around, comes around."

    Deal with it.
    Well this awesomely funny. Your accusation that NP is spreading hate and fear is sandwiched between calling him a "lowlife loser" and referring to the right as "soulless lizard people".

  2. #852
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think that teenagers who are openly gay are liable to encourage others to join their ranks. Maybe that's wrong. But I'm coming from a place that says, "Teenagers are sometimes nutz. Some teens think it's really cool to be bi- or gay. And just as a teen shoplifter would encourage others to join their ranks? So might a gay guy."
    So openly gay teens are recruiters? How come openly straight teens don't try to recruit gay teens to their side?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Riddle me this: If my 10-year-old is manipulated to have guy-on-guy sex by a 14-year-old, how is that any less a traumatic experience than if it was an 18-year-old manipulating him?
    Who said anything about being less traumatic?

    Your example here isn't about homosexuality. It's about pedophilia.

    Riddle me this, when you were a 14 year old girl, did you try to manipulate 10 year old boys into sex? When you were a 10 year old girl did 14 year old boys try to manipulate you into sex? If the answer is yes to either of these questions, it is an age orientation issue, not a sex orientation issue.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, of course I wouldn't want my son to be gay. You say, "As if homosexuality was something you could be talked into." Do you think for one New York Minute that the boys molested by priests were all homosexual???
    So the truth comes out. You aren't worried about experimentation. You are worried about rape. Gays aren't rapists.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #853
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    The pope is the rock on which the church was built, Jesus says that himself in the Bible, so just because you don't understand the basic flaw in your own statement doesn't mean I am not Catholic.

    I regarded the Bible on the position of the pope, so not only is you post vapid and imbecillic it makes no sense.
    The Pope is never mentioned by Jesus or the Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #854
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,194

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your right its not but the sex act outside of marriage is be you straight or gay...Its the worse sin.......Its a mortal sin. You have one of them on your soul your burn in hell.
    Which Commandment is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #855
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    one study returned a percentage of .5% identifying as homosexual and the other 8.5% and mentioned "attraction", not experimentation.
    This is a direct quote: "As adolescents, about ten percent of the participants [in the study] had same sex encounters or desires, yet most of them were heterosexual adults"

    Here's another one that explains this phenomenon in more detail:

    huge changes in adolescent sexual orientation

  6. #856
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Gay boys in a camp over could be a threat that I would not my children have to face,
    Can't help noticing you've now ignored my direct question on this point three different times. You cowardly avoiding addressing things that point out how irrational you are is, of course, to be expected.

  7. #857
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    This is a tough one. This is tough because I have been hearing some horror stories now. Mainly it is liability stuff (I am working with a lawyer as a school and looking and updating security/safety policies). There are some risks. I personally have nothing against gay people. It is an age thing really. Just like with any school...I would need to look at the camp I'm sending my child too. I want to make sure that they are not associating with older children (male or female). There are many factors. I have also had family subjected to one of the horror stories. It isn't just "gay kids" that do this though.

    Bottom line. This is something the liberals will hate!!! They will call me anti-gay for this too. Of course they won't listen to my reasoning beyond the statement.

    I don't want my child to be gay. It is that simple. Why? Because their life would be harder. Just like dating outside of your race can make life difficult. It is stupid. But it is true. Just like anyone with a child I wish that my child doesn't have to endure some of the stupid stuff in this world. I am dating interracial. I have dealt with some ridiculous stuff. My best friend's fiancé is white. Obviously he has had problems. But it is understood why his parents didnt like it at first. They got over it though. Sadly there are always those infrequent jerks. Anyway. That is my shpeel. M
    Dating someone of another race is a choice. If you love that person, then the problems caused by bigots can be overcome. You might even have a better idea who your friends really are, and who among them are racists.

    Homosexuality is not a choice. Gay people are gay because of biology, not because they made a decision to be attracted to their own gender.

    Not wanting you sons/daughters to be gay because their lives will be more difficult for it is all well and good, but what are you going to do about it? The best option is to help them to accept who they really are and not try to be something that they're not.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #858
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    OK I reworded my post and I apologize if I offended anyone with my last poll.......I am and old country boy and sometimes the meaning is not what I meant....I really would like to know how the members of the forum feel about this issue.
    I look at it this way.

    If my son or daughter want to go to a camp of any kind that had members there that were homosexual, I couldn't care less. Here's the thing. I love my children unconditionally and I am a firm believer that whatever their sexual orientation is, it isn't something they would "choose" anyway. I didn't "choose" to be heterosexual. I didn't sit in my bedroom one day and think, "Hmm. Okay. I really like boys, so I think I'm choosing to be 'straight'."

    I am what I am, and no amount of being around others who are different than I am, is going to change that.

    Of course, I am speaking about sexual orientation and not sexual deviancy, which I think would be a whole other topic. If you're asking if I'd send my children to a "nudist anything goes" camp, then no. I wouldn't.

    Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people have this kind of separation in mind when they think of "gay" people. Are you of the thought that people would be running around naked trying to "convert" the hetero children? If so - I believe that is a personal issue and has nothing to do with heterosexuality or homosexuality.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  9. #859
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,190

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    What makes you believe that people don't have a choice? Who told you that? That person lied to you. In the USA you do have a choice. No one can tell you what to believe.

    Anyone who really believes that they don't have a choice as to what to believe or not believe about anything in the USA has my profound sympathy.

    One of the reasons that people left Europe hundreds of years ago and came to America was so that they would have a choice.

    A war was fought over this, and freedom of choice won.


    Right now, a lot of people in the GOP would like to take that freedom of choice away from you and others.

    Ain't going to happen.

    Wait and see.
    You misunderstood me. I meant that generally what you believe is not a choice. I'd rather not believe in disease and death, but the evidence of them forces me to. If the evidence pointed me toward Catholicism I couldn't choose not to believe in it. It isn't a willful choice.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  10. #860
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Adagio View Post
    I'm sure they would. But that would just confirm their own delusions. A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. I'd say a lot of conservatives are pretty delusional. Look how many thought Romney had the election won by a landslide. They tend to believe what they want to believe despite all evidence to the contrary.
    I don't know what you mean by evidence to the contrary, are you speaking of the evidence it all of totality magically poofed into existence for no real reason. that believe has less evidence. far less superior evidence.

    and when you say all conservatives are deluded do you know this because you're clairvoyant are you know every conservative in the world. I knew the dictator would win again. most conservatives didn't think the American people would be stupid enough to elect that moron again.

    but just like the Conservatives I spoke to in here you just lump everybody in to group that has the slightest different opinion you.

    I've never seen any evidence for Less superior residence

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •