View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 77 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #761
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, well I just disagree that scripture ceases to be scripture because it's translated.
    I never said that scripture ceases to be Scripture when is translated, just wanted to translated incorrectly now if you think translating scripture incorrectly makes the new incorrect translation into Scripture in the old Scripture no longer Scripture then yes we do disagree.

    I don't think Scripture ceases to be Scripture when Modern Language butchers it.

  2. #762
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Why don't you quit while your only losing by a little bit?
    I hope you enjoy your delusions.

  3. #763
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    are there any mortal sins in your church?
    mortal sins? do you mean deadly sins? will the opposite venial sins?

  4. #764
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    This is a tough one. This is tough because I have been hearing some horror stories now. Mainly it is liability stuff (I am working with a lawyer as a school and looking and updating security/safety policies). There are some risks. I personally have nothing against gay people. It is an age thing really. Just like with any school...I would need to look at the camp I'm sending my child too. I want to make sure that they are not associating with older children (male or female). There are many factors. I have also had family subjected to one of the horror stories. It isn't just "gay kids" that do this though.

    Bottom line. This is something the liberals will hate!!! They will call me anti-gay for this too. Of course they won't listen to my reasoning beyond the statement.

    I don't want my child to be gay. It is that simple. Why? Because their life would be harder. Just like dating outside of your race can make life difficult. It is stupid. But it is true. Just like anyone with a child I wish that my child doesn't have to endure some of the stupid stuff in this world. I am dating interracial. I have dealt with some ridiculous stuff. My best friend's fiancé is white. Obviously he has had problems. But it is understood why his parents didnt like it at first. They got over it though. Sadly there are always those infrequent jerks. Anyway. That is my shpeel. M
    When you disagree with liberals on his subject and as they are losing the argument they will immeditely start calling names like homophobe or bigot. they know nothing else and they call us the intolerant one.......so sad.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #765
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    mortal sins? do you mean deadly sins? will the opposite venial sins?
    You really don't know what a mortal sin is? well everytime you lay with you BF that is a mortal sin.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #766
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    This is a tough one. This is tough because I have been hearing some horror stories now. Mainly it is liability stuff (I am working with a lawyer as a school and looking and updating security/safety policies). There are some risks. I personally have nothing against gay people. It is an age thing really. Just like with any school...I would need to look at the camp I'm sending my child too. I want to make sure that they are not associating with older children (male or female). There are many factors. I have also had family subjected to one of the horror stories. It isn't just "gay kids" that do this though.

    Bottom line. This is something the liberals will hate!!! They will call me anti-gay for this too. Of course they won't listen to my reasoning beyond the statement.

    I don't want my child to be gay. It is that simple. Why? Because their life would be harder. Just like dating outside of your race can make life difficult. It is stupid. But it is true. Just like anyone with a child I wish that my child doesn't have to endure some of the stupid stuff in this world. I am dating interracial. I have dealt with some ridiculous stuff. My best friend's fiancé is white. Obviously he has had problems. But it is understood why his parents didnt like it at first. They got over it though. Sadly there are always those infrequent jerks. Anyway. That is my shpeel. M
    I agree with you, I have a boy he's gay I know its gonna be hard on him it already has been reason he was with me and my husband is because he's gay and his parents threw him out Street at the age of 13 because he was kissing a boy. I wish I could make him straight. if I had a son that I raised from a baby I would pray that he wasn't gay it is hard, very hard sometimes

  7. #767
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You really don't know what a mortal sin is? well everytime you lay with you BF that is a mortal sin.
    no it's not we're married, biblically speaking.

  8. #768
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,202

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    When you disagree with liberals on his subject and as they are losing the argument they will immeditely start calling names like homophobe or bigot. they know nothing else and they call us the intolerant one.......so sad.....
    much like you when you lose you call me a liberal. never won so did the word homophobe same phobia that didn't make sense.

    you already lost this debate.

    you just don't know anything about Scripture, and you base your argument on it.

  9. #769
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Though, claiming that something is the full proof word of God from something that was written 2,000 years ago, translated from languages that aren't compatible, and that was edited hundreds of times over is something else.
    I completely understand this argument. I'm not trying to convince anyone to believe any particular thing in the Bible. I'm content to let people decide for themselves what they believe and what they don't. All I've been saying all along is that those passages exist. That cannot be denied.

    Should be really deny who they are, and be discriminated against based on that source? Just doesn't make much sense.
    No YourStar, I haven't been advocating that at all.

  10. #770
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    much like you when you lose you call me a liberal. never won so did the word homophobe same phobia that didn't make sense.

    you already lost this debate.

    you just don't know anything about Scripture, and you base your argument on it.
    The difference is you are a Liberal, you can't hide it with Libertarian, that is not a political lean and you don't even know it. a Libertarian can be a Liberal, Conservative or moderate among others.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •