View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 76 of 211 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #751
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I am done with you.......You make all these foolish statements about the Catholic Church and can not back up any.........You are the epitome of a hater.........Have a good evening.
    see ladies and gentleman, this is how you know a debate is won. " when the debate is lost insults become the tool of the loser"- Socrates.

    notice he calls me a hater mainly because he doesn't understand the first thing he was talking about.

    the ignorant despise knowledge.

  2. #752
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Your arguments are a little convenient. You'll cite the Bible, in English, to back your positions, but if someone else quotes a passage that you don't like, you'll say it doesn't really mean what it plainly says. How is your own translation more accurate than the numerous other English translations which you say aren't actually Scripture?
    I quoted no passage, this is an English forum my Greek is not very good I don't know Latin or Aramaic or Sanskrit or Hebrew. so yes I rely on the language in which I understand. but I also understand that English lacks elegance mainly because it is butchered other languages slammed together.

    Moses didn't speak English need to do Corinthians or the Ephesians or the canaanites or the Israelites, need I go on. so no scripture wasn't written in English. we have a translation but it's a translation not Scripture. unless I have real reason to doubt the meaning in English I typically don't.

  3. #753
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Oh.
    Then, as long as the couple has promised themselves to each other, sex is no sin whether it is hetero or homo.
    I know many gay people think they despise the Bible. I know why. because people with opinions like Navy's manipulate the word to support your own prejudice if you read the Bible you will know that the only unforgivable sin is to blaspheme the Holy Spirit. Now Navy is just a pawn he isn't smart enough to have manipulated word to suit his prejudice. he's just Parrotting canards did he was made to think through manipulation.

    but to blaspheme the Holy Spirit unknowingly is still a sin.

    people don't despise the word, they despise the twisted manipulation is it has been perpetrated by the people that brainwashed Navy.

    this is why several times in the Bible which is the people must strive for knowledge, because if you don't know anything and you sit in a building listen to a person that you were told has your best interest in mind you're easily led astray.

    Satan's greatest trick is convincing us he isn't there beware you are on a battlefield and you're constantly its spiritual war. seek the Lord first if you need knowledge attain it.

    sorry to go all preacher on you but I like talking about this.

  4. #754
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I quoted no passage, this is an English forum my Greek is not very good I don't know Latin or Aramaic or Sanskrit or Hebrew. so yes I rely on the language in which I understand. but I also understand that English lacks elegance mainly because it is butchered other languages slammed together.

    Moses didn't speak English need to do Corinthians or the Ephesians or the canaanites or the Israelites, need I go on. so no scripture wasn't written in English. we have a translation but it's a translation not Scripture. unless I have real reason to doubt the meaning in English I typically don't.
    Ok, well I just disagree that scripture ceases to be scripture because it's translated.

  5. #755
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    1) gay sex outside of biblical marriage is a sin, Biblically I am married.

    2) I confess my sins to the Almighty. I will confess right now.

    I have sinned in what I have done and what I failed to do to you my brothers and sisters and to my father in heaven. I confess.
    Sorry according to the precepts of the Catholic church you have to confess your sins to a priest
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #756
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, well I just disagree that scripture ceases to be scripture because it's translated.
    Though, claiming that something is the full proof word of God from something that was written 2,000 years ago, translated from languages that aren't compatible, and that was edited hundreds of times over is something else. Should be really deny who they are, and be discriminated against based on that source? Just doesn't make much sense.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #757
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Sorry according to the precepts of the Catholic church you have to confess your sins to a priest
    site president.

    I thought you were done anyway.

  8. #758
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I really don't see any biblical support to believe otherwise.
    are there any mortal sins in your church?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #759
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I really don't see any biblical support to believe otherwise.
    Why don't you quit while your only losing by a little bit?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #760
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,250

    Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19]

    This is a tough one. This is tough because I have been hearing some horror stories now. Mainly it is liability stuff (I am working with a lawyer as a school and looking and updating security/safety policies). There are some risks. I personally have nothing against gay people. It is an age thing really. Just like with any school...I would need to look at the camp I'm sending my child too. I want to make sure that they are not associating with older children (male or female). There are many factors. I have also had family subjected to one of the horror stories. It isn't just "gay kids" that do this though.

    Bottom line. This is something the liberals will hate!!! They will call me anti-gay for this too. Of course they won't listen to my reasoning beyond the statement.

    I don't want my child to be gay. It is that simple. Why? Because their life would be harder. Just like dating outside of your race can make life difficult. It is stupid. But it is true. Just like anyone with a child I wish that my child doesn't have to endure some of the stupid stuff in this world. I am dating interracial. I have dealt with some ridiculous stuff. My best friend's fiancé is white. Obviously he has had problems. But it is understood why his parents didnt like it at first. They got over it though. Sadly there are always those infrequent jerks. Anyway. That is my shpeel. M
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •