View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 53 of 211 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #521
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,157

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    I have to admit i was also very caught off card too, that and she said Navy is, and i quote "navy is a good egg"
    maybe somebody hi-jacked her account
    I think its difficult to judge by Navy's posts, he seems really confused. In one breath he says he is cool with gay marriage as long as we use the synonym civil union, which is perplexing but everybody has their own opinion, then he says that his son being around my boy will make his son gay by association. He seems to be an expert on homosexuality but eludes that he isn't. Then he says an exclusively heterosexual organization should not be about sexuality but agrees with it being exclusively heterosexual.

    All of his opinions are contradictions, because he is beating around the bush. If you follow his pathology its clear, he thinks that gay people are lesser human beings. This kind of goes against everything that he follows, christianity disagrees with the concept of people being greater or lesser based on things outside of their control, the USA who I believe he served doesn't believe in lesser and greater human beings, an organization that teaches good citizenship is realizing its hypocrisy, he is being force to confront his hypocrisy, as irritating as he is this is actually growth.

    He can't argue any points I ever make, because although they are tilted toward my favor, there is much fact in them and it exposes his double standard, he avoids then and pretends that he isn't holding a double standard, this is because he doesn't want to be seen as a hypocrite, this is actually good also because he will grow, he realizes he is a hypocrite and I am sure after reading this post he will attempt to cook up a statement that counters it, possible something completely of the wall, or some canards of how heterosexuals procreate or other very simple things to debunk.

    He may not show out on this forum but if he is a thinking person he is realizing it.

  2. #522
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,157

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I think its difficult to judge by Navy's posts, he seems really confused. In one breath he says he is cool with gay marriage as long as we use the synonym civil union, which is perplexing but everybody has their own opinion, then he says that his son being around my boy will make his son gay by association. He seems to be an expert on homosexuality but eludes that he isn't. Then he says an exclusively heterosexual organization should not be about sexuality but agrees with it being exclusively heterosexual.

    All of his opinions are contradictions, because he is beating around the bush. If you follow his pathology its clear, he thinks that gay people are lesser human beings. This kind of goes against everything that he follows, christianity disagrees with the concept of people being greater or lesser based on things outside of their control, the USA who I believe he served doesn't believe in lesser and greater human beings, an organization that teaches good citizenship is realizing its hypocrisy, he is being force to confront his hypocrisy, as irritating as he is this is actually growth.

    He can't argue any points I ever make, because although they are tilted toward my favor, there is much fact in them and it exposes his double standard, he avoids then and pretends that he isn't holding a double standard, this is because he doesn't want to be seen as a hypocrite, this is actually good also because he will grow, he realizes he is a hypocrite and I am sure after reading this post he will attempt to cook up a statement that counters it, possible something completely of the wall, or some canards of how heterosexuals procreate or other very simple things to debunk.

    He may not show out on this forum but if he is a thinking person he is realizing it.
    Or perhaps I am giving him to much credit, but I like to have faith in people especially when they show promise. More so, I like vets, I am grateful that they gave their time to serve, I attempted to but couldn't, that is beside the point. Basically stated because of the volunteer military I have the right to speak the truths I speak.
    Last edited by CLAX1911; 02-07-13 at 03:19 AM.

  3. #523
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I wonder how many people especially mothers instead of attacking me may have changed their mind to........Maaybe I might look bad but I just would not put my young children through it............
    LOL...but you WILL push your ignorance is bliss mentality on your children and send them willingly to a camp full of closeted homosexuals because they pretend to be happily married...and because they lie and deceive you are perfectly fine with it. Wow
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #524
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,157

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL...but you WILL push your ignorance is bliss mentality on your children and send them willingly to a camp full of closeted homosexuals because they pretend to be happily married...and because they lie and deceive you are perfectly fine with it. Wow
    Closeted homosexuals are the most devious, the ones that take wives and pretend to be normal straight guys. I have had run ins with them, they call themselves bisexual, but they really prefer men. Or should I say they prefer to use men for sex, something I found funny is the desire of these closet cases to bottom and to insert male genitals into their mouths. I had the experience when I was 20 with none other than a former Scout leader who was approx 7 years older than I, he was a17 year old when I was 11, he became an assistant Scout master, married a lady and blew me when I was 20, i wonder if this heterosexual guy, who had a girlfriend for all the time I knew him wanted to blow me as a boy.

    Funny how that is permitted.

  5. #525
    Educator AreteCourage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    08-30-13 @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    790

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    I don't think either party is the same......Hell I was a Liberal in the sixties myself.....Dems like to take credit for the Civil Rights act but most the ones from the south voted against it.
    Who wasn't a Liberal in the 60s? lol

    It is actually interesting if you look at what the parties were back then compared to now. Republicans were big into small government, civil liberties, and a humble foreign policy....now they love to spend on the Military/Industrial complex, promote religious social policies, and continue to grow this American Empire.

    Meanwhile, the Democrats moved from Pro-Slavery stances (at least the southern Democrats) to Anti-Slavery...now the Democratic party is promoting a pseudo form of Socialism. They like to spend on Entitlements and those wasteful bureaucracies. However, their social stances are more in line with today's world.

    Neither one of them has a real plan to get our debt under control. It is the blame game, soliloquies, and demagoguery.
    Libertarian and Atheist...wow I'm a hated man.

  6. #526
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Realize he also advocated for the government nationalizing the oil industry. But everyone else is a lefty.
    Great idea!
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #527
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective-J View Post
    1.) so you are with him in the looker room, on the bus, in school, in the dugout etc? interesting?
    2.) so basically you dont have faith in your parenting and or child

    got it
    No, you don't got it. Children have under developed brains and until they are mature, they need constant guidance. Good guidance is not giving them up to someone you don't agree with for a week or more.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  8. #528
    Sage
    ksu_aviator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,680
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    you completely missing the point are you were trying to make. moving you really need to do is explain why a gay man is more likely to molest children than anybody else.

    I'd frankly love to hear any explanation for this, because it's kind of like saying a black man is more likely to steal a car. that's called a prejudice.
    something about prejudices they always come from a place of ignorance.
    I never said a gay man was. I never implied a gay man would. I don't know where you came up with that.
    You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”

  9. #529
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I did not expect this crap to come from you Maggie. Do you really understand how hurtful that is?
    Your Star, the only thing I know to say here is that I'm willing to admit that perhaps I am wrong.

    My comments re this post stem from my over-riding belief that teen years are tough ones. The choices we make when we're that age can have lasting consequences. The good choices reinforce our path to adulthood; the bad ones can have haunting consequences for a lifetime. What's a parent's job if not to help his child make good choices? And to minimize the number of bad choices they're exposed to?

    My comments also come from the assumption I made (in order to reply to the post) that we're talking about teen boys who were openly and conspicuously gay...else how would I even know? The further assumption I made is that this open, conspicuous gay behavior in teens is unusual. (You as much as said so in one of your posts, I believe.)

    I hope you also noticed that I said time and again that adult chaperones and leaders who were gay would have absolutely no effect on me at all.

    If you choose to believe that I'm homophobic because I wouldn't put my nine- or ten-year-old son into a situation where he might be manipulated into sexual experimentation with older boys who were conspicuously gay, then you're just thinkin' bad thoughts about me.

    I don't think any parent wants their children to be homosexual. It's a rather tough road even in today's more enlightened society. What all parents do want (or should want) is that their children be comfortable in their own skin no matter what their sexual orientation. And finding that orientation shouldn't happen by their being exposed to possibly manipulative behavior by conspicuous gays at a Boy Scout Camp.

    I do not trust teenagers to make consistently good decisions whether they're straight or gay. I just don't.

    Now I think I shall stop digging.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #530
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,157

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ksu_aviator View Post
    I never said a gay man was. I never implied a gay man would. I don't know where you came up with that.
    " 2.) Children can be easily influenced. You don't assume they can understand right from wrong until they are much older. Even then, they will have a lot to learn. A good parent doesn't lead their children to temptation until they are capable of making their own decisions."

    I took this wrong sorry

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •