View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #2081
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    What a load of misinformed crap. No wonder you are so blind.

    The only reference to sodomite was a citizen of Sodom.

    arsenokoitai was the improper translation. Doesn't mean sodomite.

    Homosexuality isn't a sin nowhere in the Bible is it established that way.

    You are relaying demonic lies. You are serving the dark one. You have no clue what it says.

    Nobody should listen to you at all about biblical scripture. You are blatantly misinformed.
    Prove to me that this was the wrong translation......just prove it....that's all. You cannot....for all you have are allegations driven by emotion.

    Funny......I'm apparently the "closed-minded" Christian here......and I'm the one openly admitting that I am a sinner and no holier or better than anyone else............you, who apparently want the world to see you as the poor "victim" of intolerance in this debate,.... are the one being antagonistic and the one who is blatantly denying his sin..........you don't find this ironic in the least?
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  2. #2082
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    read the Bible again very carefully.
    Wow! Thanks for your very specific response to my request. (1)I give you specific scripture. (2) you deny it is accurate and give no specific, cited evidence as to how or why. Then, (3) you give me this as a rebuttal? Debating is not really your thing, I can tell.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  3. #2083
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    So what?

    Homosexuality is uncommon, no ****. What difference does that make?
    It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever. I was just pointing out that he was incorrect when he made the false claim that it was a common occurrence. No need to get so defensive here...........believe it or not, you are among friends. It's combative gays like you that give so many others a bad reputation. You've prejudiciously attacked every post I've made without considering it for its substance and you've jumped to the conclusion that because I'm a devout Christian, and consider homosexuality sinful, that I hate gays. My friend, you could not be further from the truth.

    Perhaps you should take a step back and reevaluate your approach......you seem a bit abrasive.....and high-strung.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  4. #2084
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    You are the one in the position that being uncommon makes it ungodly, where you came up with that crap probably the same place you dug up the other satanic crap you lie about and say is scripture.
    Where did I once say that "uncommon" meant unGodly? I did say that it goes against God's natural order.....not the same thing. Seems that you may be the one making things up.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  5. #2085
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    It makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever. I was just pointing out that he was incorrect when he made the false claim that it was a common occurrence. No need to get so defensive here...........believe it or not, you are among friends. It's combative gays like you that give so many others a bad reputation. You've prejudiciously attacked every post I've made without considering it for its substance and you've jumped to the conclusion that because I'm a devout Christian, and consider homosexuality sinful, that I hate gays. My friend, you could not be further from the truth.

    Perhaps you should take a step back and reevaluate your approach......you seem a bit abrasive.....and high-strung.
    Your location is Mississippi. When did they ratify the 13th amendment? I think it was around 6 months after Lincoln... the movie.

  6. #2086
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    You've prejudiciously attacked every post I've made without considering it for its substance and you've jumped to the conclusion that because I'm a devout Christian, and consider homosexuality sinful, that I hate gays. My friend, you could not be further from the truth.
    Glad you see it this way!

    My religion tells me that sex outside of marriage is bad, and marriage can only be between a man and a woman. Hence, homosexual acts (not feelings!) are wrong.

    It's one of the rules of my religion I don't understand. My best friend is gay, he's in a civil union with his partner, they are very committed and honest people who have a better marriage than many heteros I know, and I wouldn't hesitate a second to allow them to babysit my future children.

    But nobody forces him or his husband to join my religion. And nobody ever should. If I think homosexual acts are wrong, fine, then I don't do it. But who am I to tell them how to live their lives? I don't want them to force me to reject my religion either, or to restrict my right on marrying the woman I love (actually, I even asked him to be my best man). Live and let live.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  7. #2087
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Your location is Mississippi. When did they ratify the 13th amendment? I think it was around 6 months after Lincoln... the movie.
    So, it's come to this......this is all you have? Wow! I'm in Mississippi....Mississippi is not me. What does this have to do with the topic anyway? Your strawman, and your obvious intelligence level is noted. Now, either debate the issue, or kindly move along.

    What's truly interesting is that you are being shown up by a dumb lil' ol' poster from Podunk, MS.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #2088
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    So, it's come to this......this is all you have? Wow! I'm in Mississippi....Mississippi is not me. What does this have to do with the topic anyway? Your strawman, and your obvious intelligence level is noted. Now, either debate the issue, or kindly move along.

    What's truly interesting is that you are being shown up by a dumb lil' ol' poster from Podunk, MS.
    I was just throwing it in there for humors sake. Lighten up.

  9. #2089
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    I was just throwing it in there for humors sake. Lighten up.
    Okay. Sorry, you caught me while I was on a roll there this morning. No harm, no foul.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  10. #2090
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Okay. Sorry, you caught me while I was on a roll there this morning. No harm, no foul.
    Yeah, I know it had nothing to do with this. I'm not a christian, but I'm pretty sure that ladies interpretation of Leviticus is uncommon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •