View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 207 of 211 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #2061
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Did you miss this part?
    Yes, that's very specific........thank you.

    According to the figures in your source......a married couple would have a better chance of producing six sets of quadruplets before witnessing documented homosexuality in the animal kingdom.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  2. #2062
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    The Bible does not specifically use the term "homosexuality"......wow.....what a revelation. I suppose the fact that the prophets and disciples described such behavior without giving it a modern English translation (which obviously didn't exist yet) somehow escapes you?
    No, the lack of the concept escapes you. THE BIBLE NEVER SAID A SINGLE THING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY you choose to ignore the facts I pointed out only proves your are brain washed.

    Post any butchered "biblical" quote where I cannot dispute it in original Hebrew as being lost in translation. And then you will not be a complete charlatan.

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    The Bible also does not specifically say that sending naked pictures of underage children on the internet is a sin either......nor does it say that cooking crystal meth and selling it in a schoolyard is a sin........as a Christian, I am therefore expected to believe that simply because that exact terminology isn't in the Bible that is no less sinful?..................so, how far are we going to go with this?
    It may not have foreseen the development of technology. But you can't completely dream up some garbage and insert it in to the butchered translations and expect me to swallow it. Unless you think the Bible changed its mind.

    You don't know anything about scripture, you really are not a valuable opinion on this.
    [QUOTE=FluffyNinja;1061540358]
    God judges sin, not I........and He gives us the Holy Spirit (as well as His Word) to act as a guide in such matters. As i stated, I am not passing judgement.........as I am just as sinful as the next person and am no better in God's eyes. Homosexuality is a no worse sin than any other as it too separates us from God's will. The redeeming factor is that it is not unforgiveable and those who repent and ask forgiveness will be saved. The fact that you seem to think that it is a "natural" act in no way reduces the sin nature.

    You have completely fabricated this, total nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    One further note........because something seems "natural" does not excuse it from being sinful......as our "natural" world is broken and rife with sin because of man's choices. We live in a sinful world and are born into a sinful nature......this is exactly the reason why we Christians believe/know that Christ's sacrifice was necessary to redeem us. Here is what the book of Jude has to say about "natural" things:
    You used the Bible quote that they have up what is natural for what is unnatural as defense to your silly fabrication. A homosexual pretending to be a heterosexual is abominable. It just depends on how much you read into the language.

    I am glad you are starting to see the unraveling of this nonsense

  3. #2063
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Most zoologists agree that there are somewhere around 8.7 million animal species which have been identified on planet Earth thus far. Homosexual behavior has been "well documented for 500 of them" according to your source.........wow.........you still think this is common? This is a small fraction of a percent. If this is how your math justifies a "common" occurrence.............then I don't know your math. :

    *Correction: Science has named approx 1.3 million species but recent studies have put the number which have yet to be identified at somewhere near 7.4 million.......taking into account unexplored regions of the planet.......bringing the estimated total to 8.7 million. Still, 500 is but a small fraction.
    So common things are God's work?

    a person giving a home to a homeless person is uncommon.

  4. #2064
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,555

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Yes, that's very specific........thank you.

    According to the figures in your source......a married couple would have a better chance of producing six sets of quadruplets before witnessing documented homosexuality in the animal kingdom.
    Right, right, even though it is common throughout the animal kingdom.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #2065
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    And "natural" does not always mean "good" either in God's eyes.......see my post above.
    So why did you bring up the letter from Paul as the sole straw man in your broken argument?

    So its only good when it is something you agree with? Yeah you are a demigod.

  6. #2066
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    03-06-13 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    never could get to grips with those things.

  7. #2067
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    No, the lack of the concept escapes you. THE BIBLE NEVER SAID A SINGLE THING ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY you choose to ignore the facts I pointed out only proves your are brain washed.

    Post any butchered "biblical" quote where I cannot dispute it in original Hebrew as being lost in translation. And then you will not be a complete charlatan.



    It may not have foreseen the development of technology. But you can't completely dream up some garbage and insert it in to the butchered translations and expect me to swallow it. Unless you think the Bible changed its mind.

    You don't know anything about scripture, you really are not a valuable opinion on this.

    You have completely fabricated this, total nonsense.


    You used the Bible quote that they have up what is natural for what is unnatural as defense to your silly fabrication. A homosexual pretending to be a heterosexual is abominable. It just depends on how much you read into the language.

    I am glad you are starting to see the unraveling of this nonsense
    9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals,
    1 Corinthians 6:9
    Some literal translations from Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek use the term "sodomites" in place of "homosexuals" but nearly all Biblical scholars agree it refers to sexual interaction among men.

    Again, I've already admitted that I am a sinner and am no more "holy" in that regard than any other sinner....including those who have committed homosexual acts. I've also never stated that homosexuals are doomed to eternal damnation......only that according to God's Word.......it is sin. You are the one being irrational here......you seem to have allowed your emotions and own personal ties to this issue to divert you from a rational discussion. You attempt to paint me as someone who is speaking from a position of condescension.........and that simply is not true.

    I'm simply relating to you what I know of scripture and of sin as a person of Faith...........the fact that you feel threatened by my belief really should not come to play in a rational discussion of Biblical context.

    "It it not God's will that any should perish, but that ALL should come into eternal life......." this includes ANY sinner, and as a Christian, I feel no differently.
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 03-06-13 at 11:28 PM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #2068
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    So common things are God's work?

    a person giving a home to a homeless person is uncommon.
    Your words not mine.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  9. #2069
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Right, right, even though it is common throughout the animal kingdom.
    If you say so. The figures don't lie.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  10. #2070
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    So why did you bring up the letter from Paul as the sole straw man in your broken argument?

    So its only good when it is something you agree with? Yeah you are a demigod.
    Please show how it was unrelated to your previous statement and was, therefore, a strawman fallacy. I'm not even quite certain that you are fully aware of what constitutes this type of logical fallacy.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •