View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 206 of 211 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #2051
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Some christians, not all of them.
    Yes of course.

    Sorry I did not make that clear

  2. #2052
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    How often does it occur? Would you say that, based on the total number of species on planet Earth and the few instances where it has been observed in a select few species that it is a "common" occurrence or does it lean more toward being a "rare" behavior?

    Apparently, it's quite common.


    Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in various (non-human) species. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairings. Homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[1][2] Animal sexual behaviour takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[3] According to Bagemihl, "the animal kingdom [does] it with much greater sexual diversity including homosexual, bisexual and nonreproductive sex than the scientific community and society at large have previously been willing to accept."[
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #2053
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I am getting to where I don't think it is worth it to show him his own contradiction if he chooses to be blind. The only reason I will respond is that if some gay person reads his hateful destruction of peace and thinks that he speaks for the almighty will see my posts and see that he is a charlatan and a want to be Demigod.

  4. #2054
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Who hasn't had a male dog hump their leg? It's very common.

  5. #2055
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Chances are, you're already doing that. You forget about the rest of the children.
    You don't know what I've considered to make a comment like that. I simply find absurd the idea that allowing them to come out means mass rapes will ensue, or the other kids will all become gay or whatever the unspoken fear is. If BSA so badly doesn't want gays to join, they might want to stop recruiting kids younger than 10.

  6. #2056
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    You haven't established that it is a sin.
    The Bible does not specifically use the term "homosexuality"......wow.....what a revelation. I suppose the fact that the prophets and disciples described such behavior without giving it a modern English translation (which obviously didn't exist yet) somehow escapes you?

    The Bible also does not specifically say that sending naked pictures of underage children on the internet is a sin either......nor does it say that cooking crystal meth and selling it in a schoolyard is a sin........as a Christian, I am therefore expected to believe that simply because that exact terminology isn't in the Bible that is no less sinful?..................so, how far are we going to go with this?

    God judges sin, not I........and He gives us the Holy Spirit (as well as His Word) to act as a guide in such matters. As i stated, I am not passing judgement.........as I am just as sinful as the next person and am no better in God's eyes. Homosexuality is a no worse sin than any other as it too separates us from God's will. The redeeming factor is that it is not unforgiveable and those who repent and ask forgiveness will be saved. The fact that you seem to think that it is a "natural" act in no way reduces the sin nature.

    One further note........because something seems "natural" does not excuse it from being sinful......as our "natural" world is broken and rife with sin because of man's choices. We live in a sinful world and are born into a sinful nature......this is exactly the reason why we Christians believe/know that Christ's sacrifice was necessary to redeem us. Here is what the book of Jude has to say about "natural" things:

    But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit. - Jude 1:17-19
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  7. #2057
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Most zoologists agree that there are somewhere around 8.7 million animal species which have been identified on planet Earth thus far. Homosexual behavior has been "well documented for 500 of them" according to your source.........wow.........you still think this is common? This is a small fraction of a percent. If this is how your math justifies a "common" occurrence.............then I don't know your math. :

    *Correction: Science has named approx 1.3 million species but recent studies have put the number which have yet to be identified at somewhere near 7.4 million.......taking into account unexplored regions of the planet.......bringing the estimated total to 8.7 million. Still, 500 is but a small fraction.
    Last edited by FluffyNinja; 03-06-13 at 10:50 PM.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  8. #2058
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrettt View Post
    Let's not forget we're talking about book that takes the time to condemn hair cuts and working on sundays, but does't have single sentence condemning slavery.
    I subscribe to more than just a "book".......as true Christians should.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  9. #2059
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Rare doesn't mean unnatural. For leaf clovers are rare but they are natural.

    Common had nothing to do with it.
    And "natural" does not always mean "good" either in God's eyes.......see my post above.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  10. #2060
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    Most zoologists agree that there are somewhere around 8.7 million animal species which have been identified on planet Earth thus far. Homosexual behavior has been "well documented for 500 of them" according to your source.........wow.........you still think this is common? This is a small fraction of a percent. If this is how your math justifies a "common" occurrence.............then I don't know your math. :
    Did you miss this part?

    Current research indicates that various forms of same-sex sexual behavior are found throughout the animal kingdom
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •