View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 197 of 211 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1961
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Your the one who made the statement so you look it up.
    Gilligan agrees completely. He says inmate rape which is about power, not sex has helped turn America's prisons into "monster factories."

    "Rape is a crime of violence," says Gilligan. "It's a way of exerting dominance over another person and humiliating them totally. And nothing stimulates violence as much as feeling humiliated.

    Aftershock of Inmate Rape - ABC News

    And there is a lot of evidence/statements in like this which shows that sexual preference does not cause prison rapes, other issues often determine prison rapes. Now there are also those who choose gay sex but from what I read that usually happens to people who are locked up for longer periods of time.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #1962
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I see what you're saying but I disagree that God would be so concerned whether it is a male and female, two of the same or a few that choose to become one and walk with the Spirit together. While literal text is against my position, I feel a deeper interpretation is more in line with my understanding of love.
    I understand your position. The redeeming factor is that God's unconditional love provides that ALL sinners are worth forgiving. Homosexuality is no "worse" in that repect than any other sin. This is the primary reason why I never take a position of judgement in regard to homosexuals or any other sinners........as I , myself am just as sinful.

    The problem with many so-called Christians, is that they adopt a condescending position when addressing sin and play the role of "rule enforcer", rather than adopting the position of "unconditional love and forgiveness" that Christ requires of us.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  3. #1963
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Gilligan agrees completely. He says inmate rape — which is about power, not sex — has helped turn America's prisons into "monster factories."

    "Rape is a crime of violence," says Gilligan. "It's a way of exerting dominance over another person and humiliating them totally. And nothing stimulates violence as much as feeling humiliated.

    Aftershock of Inmate Rape - ABC News

    And there is a lot of evidence/statements in like this which shows that sexual preference does not cause prison rapes, other issues often determine prison rapes. Now there are also those who choose gay sex but from what I read that usually happens to people who are locked up for longer periods of time.
    Except for those Southern white Christians, who, of course, remain celibate under all circumstances.......................

  4. #1964
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Except for those Southern white Christians, who, of course, remain celibate under all circumstances.......................
    not even those supposedly who have freely chosen for celibacy (catholic priests) all stay celibate. Sex in all it's forms is of all ages and of all genders or sexual preferences.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #1965
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just respond to my post and not attack me.......thanks.....
    I did respond to your post. Here's the same response with the sarcasm removed:

    You're ignoring evidence. Lots of it. You should stop doing that.

  6. #1966
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    I , myself am just as sinful.

    The problem with many so-called Christians, is that they adopt a condescending position when addressing sin and play the role of "rule enforcer", rather than adopting the position of "unconditional love and forgiveness" that Christ requires of us.
    Well, one of my three great weaknesses is the forgiveness part (my other two are pride and control of tongue). But your point is touched upon in so many places in the Bible. The great philosophical divide between Jews and Christians, ceremony vs. faith as the means to salvation, Galatians/Acts and circumcision, "judge not" (which really means judge as you wish to be judged, not to avoid judging entirely), the list goes on. I think you could assemble a portfolio of stories, lessons, quotes, motifs/themes and such from within the Bible to illustrate your point.

  7. #1967
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just back up what you said and we will move one, otherwise you are history my left wing friend.
    How in the hell can you say that when you have refused to back up a single thing you have said(made up really) in this thread? Why the different standard for others than for yourself?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1968
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well, one of my three great weaknesses is the forgiveness part (my other two are pride and control of tongue). But your point is touched upon in so many places in the Bible. The great philosophical divide between Jews and Christians, ceremony vs. faith as the means to salvation, Galatians/Acts and circumcision, "judge not" (which really means judge as you wish to be judged, not to avoid judging entirely), the list goes on. I think you could assemble a portfolio of stories, lessons, quotes, motifs/themes and such from within the Bible to illustrate your point.
    Christianity was officially dead when Jesus became a prosperity godling in the 80's.....................

  9. #1969
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,413

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    Christianity was officially dead when Jesus became a prosperity godling in the 80's.....................
    I'm atheist and have been consciously since ~8yo (I'm 42), but Jesus lives in me and I'm not sure where I'd be without Him.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 02-24-13 at 10:02 PM.

  10. #1970
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm atheist and have been consciously since ~8yo (I'm 42), but Jesus lives in me and I'm not sure where I'd be without him.
    I guess you can't grasp how weird that sounds................

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •