View Poll Results: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members?

Voters
201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 79.60%
  • No

    41 20.40%
Page 196 of 211 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2106

Thread: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1642]

  1. #1951
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Not so much, no. But you are demonstrating typical Navy Pride-esque unwillingness to engage with reality and/or read things correctly.
    Just back up what you said and we will move one, otherwise you are history my left wing friend.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #1952
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Would you let your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19,1

    This thread is better than snl live!

  3. #1953
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Just back up what you said and we will move one, otherwise you are history my left wing friend.
    Sigh.

    "The myth of the "homosexual predator" is groundless. Perpetrators of rape typically view themselves as heterosexual and, outside of the prison environment, prefer to engage in heterosexual activity. Although gay inmates are much more likely than other inmates to be victimized in prison, they are not likely to be perpetrators of sexual abuse." -http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report4.html

    "It appears that male prison rape is an act of heterosexuals rather than homosexuals. This may sound strange at first, but in a prison situation rape is viewed as validation of masculinity and a violent act of conquest."
    -http://books.google.com/books?id=1NC5R0RozBYC&pg=PA528&lpg=PA528&dq=sexual ity+prison+rape&source=bl&ots=-dfgi6rEh0&sig=DiRxkiyqrCNcUv7YWhQ45H5GBKM&hl=en&sa =X&ei=ALAqUZnFEOfMigKv5IH4Dg&ved=0CDAQ6AEwADgU#v=o nepage&q=sexuality%20prison%20rape&f=false

    "In fact, 90% of inmates identify as heterosexual. Paradoxically, those inmates who commit violent acts of sexual assault identify most closely with heterosexual masculinity, while the victim of anal rape is reduced to the political role of the female or homosexual."
    -http://open.salon.com/blog/moses_mendoza/2009/06/04/plight_of_the_punks_prison_rape_in_the_united_stat es

    Like I said before, you really ought to look into this yourself, assuming of course you're actually interested in the truth.

  4. #1954
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    Sigh.

    "The myth of the "homosexual predator" is groundless. Perpetrators of rape typically view themselves as heterosexual and, outside of the prison environment, prefer to engage in heterosexual activity. Although gay inmates are much more likely than other inmates to be victimized in prison, they are not likely to be perpetrators of sexual abuse." -http://www.hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/report4.html

    "It appears that male prison rape is an act of heterosexuals rather than homosexuals. This may sound strange at first, but in a prison situation rape is viewed as validation of masculinity and a violent act of conquest."
    -http://books.google.com/books?id=1NC5R0RozBYC&pg=PA528&lpg=PA528&dq=sexual ity+prison+rape&source=bl&ots=-dfgi6rEh0&sig=DiRxkiyqrCNcUv7YWhQ45H5GBKM&hl=en&sa =X&ei=ALAqUZnFEOfMigKv5IH4Dg&ved=0CDAQ6AEwADgU#v=o nepage&q=sexuality%20prison%20rape&f=false

    "In fact, 90% of inmates identify as heterosexual. Paradoxically, those inmates who commit violent acts of sexual assault identify most closely with heterosexual masculinity, while the victim of anal rape is reduced to the political role of the female or homosexual."
    -http://open.salon.com/blog/moses_mendoza/2009/06/04/plight_of_the_punks_prison_rape_in_the_united_stat es

    Like I said before, you really ought to look into this yourself, assuming of course you're actually interested in the truth.

    They are predators.........I have seen it myself aboard ship how they make unwanted advances against straight sailors..Actually in a odd way I don't blame them....they can't help themselves...I equate it to a male being put on a ship with all women....sleeping, showering, etc.........I would be hard put to ignore that.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  5. #1955
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They are predators.........I have seen it myself aboard ship how they make unwanted advances against straight sailors..Actually in a odd way I don't blame them....they can't help themselves...I equate it to a male being put on a ship with all women....sleeping, showering, etc.........I ould be hard put to ignore that.
    How shocking. Navy challenges me to provide evidence of my assertion, then flatly denies that the evidence is valid. I am ever so terribly surprised.

    Like I said before Navy, you should do your own research, because you're just going to ignore mine. I'm right about this, and if you pursue info on the subject with even a shred of intellectual honesty, you'll find that I'm right. I know you won't do so, but you should. It'd be good for your soul.

  6. #1956
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    If my child encounters a gay person, it's not the end of the world. That's not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that if I can prevent him from encountering any sin, I will.
    Greed? , Vanity? Envy?

  7. #1957
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    It's too bad about that homosexuality is a sin stuff. I pretty much agree with the Bible's lessons on sins of various sort. That's the one that I just cannot really agree with. I didn't choose to be straight. The other sin stuff, I really hope I can avoid it (with whatever help there may be), but I didn't have to avoid homosexuality - it didn't tempt me, so how can it be a sin?

  8. #1958
    All Warm and Fuzzy
    FluffyNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Miss-uh-Sippie
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 04:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,831

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    It's too bad about that homosexuality is a sin stuff. I pretty much agree with the Bible's lessons on sins of various sort. That's the one that I just cannot really agree with. I didn't choose to be straight. The other sin stuff, I really hope I can avoid it (with whatever help there may be), but I didn't have to avoid homosexuality - it didn't tempt me, so how can it be a sin?
    I agree with you ......to a certain extent. But from the Christian perpective......sin is not necessarily "temptation"......it is "separation" (from God). I'm sure you know that the term "sin" does not actually appear in the oldest books of the Bible......rather it is a translation of the Greek term "hamartia", which means "missing the mark"......as in archery. In its Biblical connotation it refers to "separation" from the "mark"........for Christians the "mark" being.....living a Godly existence......or at least as close to Christ-like as humanly possible.

    In that respect........homosexuality does become "sin", as it exemplifies a perverse mockery of God's intent that men and women "cleave unto one another" with one of the primary purposes being procreation of the species. It is physiologically undeniable that male and female "parts" were DESIGNED (or evolved if you so choose) to "fit together" like the pieces of a puzzle.

    Note: Please don't kill the messenger......just relating from a Christian and Biblical perspective.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence." - Dr. Carl Sagan

  9. #1959
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    How shocking. Navy challenges me to provide evidence of my assertion, then flatly denies that the evidence is valid. I am ever so terribly surprised.

    Like I said before Navy, you should do your own research, because you're just going to ignore mine. I'm right about this, and if you pursue info on the subject with even a shred of intellectual honesty, you'll find that I'm right. I know you won't do so, but you should. It'd be good for your soul.
    Just respond to my post and not attack me.......thanks.....
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #1960
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Would you allow your son to go to camp where there were openly gay members? [W:19

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyNinja View Post
    I agree with you ......to a certain extent. But from the Christian perpective......sin is not necessarily "temptation"......it is "separation" (from God). I'm sure you know that the term "sin" does not actually appear in the oldest books of the Bible......rather it is a translation of the Greek term "hamartia", which means "missing the mark"......as in archery. In its Biblical connotation it refers to "separation" from the "mark"........for Christians the "mark" being.....living a Godly existence......or at least as close to Christ-like as humanly possible.

    In that respect........homosexuality does become "sin", as it exemplifies a perverse mockery of God's intent that men and women "cleave unto one another" with one of the primary purposes being procreation of the species. It is physiologically undeniable that male and female "parts" were DESIGNED (or evolved if you so choose) to "fit together" like the pieces of a puzzle.

    Note: Please don't kill the messenger......just relating from a Christian and Biblical perspective.
    I see what you're saying and I disagree that God would be so concerned whether it is a male and female, two of the same or a few that choose to become one and walk with the Spirit together. While literal text is against my position, I feel a deeper interpretation is more in line with my understanding of love - God's path beyond the physical world, which we are to leave behind.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 02-24-13 at 09:42 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •